Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    USA isn't really similar to Latin American countries in this regard. Most people here aren't mixed race with the exception of Hispanics who are for the most part relatively recent arrivals (last 50 years) from Mexico and Central America and who are just considered by the average person to be a race of their own anyway.
    You may not be biologically mulattoes, but you guys are certainly spiritual mulattoes. Even more than Latin Americans I believe. One of the countries with more identity issues and anxieties in the whole world.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,110
    Given: 11,127

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamastor View Post
    You may not be biologically mulattoes, but you guys are certainly spiritual mulattoes. Even more than Latin Americans I believe. One of the countries with more identity issues and anxieties in the whole world.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if there are any identity issues/anxieties in the US, I think they must exclusively be found in Northerners.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

0 Not allowed!

I think he's a scumbag, yeah, but I can see the point behind the whitening project. Creating a more homogeneous nation in which the wounds of slavery had been forgotten would be the salvation for Brazil. The only way to erase slavery from our history would be if the former black slaves had been ''erased'' from our present so we could heal our wounds. And the most ''humane'' way of erasing blacks was bleaching them.

You cannot create a stable nation with millions of people carrying the wounds of slavery.
    I don't that's humane at all. The most humane thing to do would have been to secede the countries and let each major racial group form its own History. "Bleaching" or doing state sponsored killings of Black people (something that's becoming more common as of 2019, btw) are both forms of genocide. I mean, Europeans are always complaining about how bringing Africans and Muslims and mixing with them is a form of White genocide. Don't think that we see it any other way when it was or is being done to us.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma de Pegasus View Post
    Im not supporting it, Im saying it will be reversed.
    You were lamenting that it was being reversed. You were clearly seeing the Whitening policies as positive in your post. That's absolutely inexcusable and you are not very different from Hitler or Genghis Khan with that mindset.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    You were lamenting that it was being reversed. You were clearly seeing the Whitening policies as positive in your post. That's absolutely inexcusable and you are not very different from Hitler or Genghis Khan with that mindset.
    No, that post does not have my opinion if it was right or wrong, it only has a explanation of what was the branquemento and the future impact in brazilian society.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I don't that's humane at all. The most humane thing to do would have been to secede the countries and let each major racial group form its own History. "Bleaching" or doing state sponsored killings of Black people (something that's becoming more common as of 2019, btw) are both forms of genocide. I mean, Europeans are always complaining about how bringing Africans and Muslims and mixing with them is a form of White genocide. Don't think that we see it any other way when it was or is being done to us.
    That's unrealistic. When you belong to an elite that conquered a territory through fire and steel. You need to do something with the remains of the slaves, you cannot kill them all, you cannot let them go back to where they were from... Turning them the same thing as you is the most humane thing one could think of.

I think the ideal thing would be if blacks were never brought to Brazil and the slave trade never happened. But the world isn't ideal and we need to create a nation that is relatively stable. I think the Atlantic slave trade was one of the biggest disasters in human history.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No, that post does not have my opinion if it was right or wrong, it only has a explanation of what was the branquemento and the future impact in brazilian society.
    Aham...

No, whitening is Brazilian XIX century policy that atracted 6 milion europeans and made of it 100 milion white brazilians(85% euro on average) and 84 milion pardo brazilians(65% euro on average).

We can say it pretty much worked because it multiplied the number of european looking people in Brazil and at the same time it drastically reduced the number of african looking people. Other consequences: it also created a big pardo population that are people that stopped in the middle of the whitening process. More 3 milion euro immigrants would have made them euro looking, but some politicians of the time were against it and fucked everything with anti european immigration measures. Today, everything will be lost since white brazilians have only 1.4 kids per women and blacks have 2.9 kids.
    So by reducing European immigration, they were "fucking everything" up? By having continued to genocide Afro-Brazilians and African admixed Brazilians, they would have done what? The right thing, according to you?
    And "everything will be lost"? So you believe there was something to gain from it? Well, obviously a racist anti-Black person would think like that.
    Sorry, but I am not low-IQ like Lisarb/luc2112.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's unrealistic. When you belong to an elite that conquered a territory through fire and steel. You need to do something with the remains of the slaves, you cannot kill them all, you cannot let them go back to where they were from... Turning them the same thing as you is the most humane thing one could think of.

I think the ideal thing would be if blacks were never brought to Brazil and the slave trade never happened. But the world isn't ideal and we need to create a nation that is relatively stable. I think the Atlantic slave trade was one of the biggest disasters in human history.
    It would be hard to accomplish it, but it would not be unrealistic. Back in those days, the population of Brazil was a fraction of what it is today but the country was just as large. Maybe moving a couple of millions of people would be necessary, but it would be doable. It would certainly be easier to do than importing millions of immigrants.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It would be hard to accomplish it, but it would not be unrealistic. Back in those days, the population of Brazil was a fraction of what it is today but the country was just as large. Maybe moving a couple of millions of people would be necessary, but it would be doable. It would certainly be easier to do than importing millions of immigrants.
    Unrealistic in the sense that the people in charge of the country would never allow that to happen. Simply impossible. Even geopolitically would be suicide.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian, Georgian Jewish, minor Armenian
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Armenia (EHG), Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), Copper Age Zagros, Canaan, Urartu, Ass
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,784
    Given: 10,478

0 Not allowed!

Not sure about Iberians/Anglos mixing with blacks, but this topic reminds me of an argument between mothers in my school a few decades ago, when we had an influx of Sudanese immigrants in Sydney. One mum was saying in an excited manner, "we are starting to look like the US with all the new African arrivals here". Another mother disagreed passionately, where she replied "nah man, the Africans migrating here are very dark blacks and look nothing like African Americans". My mum agreed with her as well.

I also do think that African Americans are not that dark and generally don't look like 'pure' Africans (i.e. Akon and Lupita Nyong'o). Sure, you can say the light skinned ones are more prevalent in the media and that the darker skinned ones are not represented as much. But I don't know...

By the way, outside of this forum, on City-Data, there was a mega thread about African Americans "looking different from Africans". It's worth checking out:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/world...-africans.html

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread Information