Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa Tea View Post
    I have been to Croatia, Bosnia , Montengro, Northern Albania, Serbia etc, Dutch are taller, only Montenigrins are as tall as the Dutch. Montenigrins by Coon were said to be the tallest Europeans.
    Herzegovinians and Dalmatians are taller than Montenegrins on average https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/04/12...st-world-11122

Last Online
    09-09-2018 @ 02:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    HELLBANIAN
    Ethnicity
    HELLBANIAN
    Ancestry
    HELLBANIAN
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    HELLBANIAN
    mtDNA
    HELLBANIAN
    Taxonomy
    HELLBANIAN
    Politics
    HELLBANIAN
    Hero
    HELLBANIAN
    Religion
    HELLBANIAN
    Relationship Status
    HELLBANIAN
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 416

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IncelSlayer View Post
    Montenegrins are taller and have a heavier frame, dutch are just lanky.
    If they are taller, they are not by much. The Dutch were also heavy built but I agree that Montenigrins are more heavy built.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Everyone who is from former Yugoslavia like me know that Herzegovinians and Dalmatians are taller on average than Montenegrins. I2a1b have a peak in Herzegovina and southern Dalmatia.
    Montenegrins from western Montenegro are taller than Montenegrins from eastern Montenegro. In western Montenegro there is more I2a1b western part, and in eastern part E-V13 is most dominant.
    Herzegovinians have longer heads and they are more robust than Montenegrins.
    Montenegrins are more rounded in comparation with Herzegovinians on average.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    HELLBANIAN
    Ethnicity
    HELLBANIAN
    Ancestry
    HELLBANIAN
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    HELLBANIAN
    mtDNA
    HELLBANIAN
    Taxonomy
    HELLBANIAN
    Politics
    HELLBANIAN
    Hero
    HELLBANIAN
    Religion
    HELLBANIAN
    Relationship Status
    HELLBANIAN
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Herzegovinians and Dalmatians are taller than Montenegrins on average https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/04/12...st-world-11122
    This is a map of Herzegovina and not Dalmatia, the Dalmatians arent as tall neither the Croats. It still doesn't show the average height of the area as a whole, it's using specific areas within that area.. of course it will be taller than Montenigrins as a whole or Dutch even though it's not by much. I'm sure you will find areas in Germany, Scandinavia, Holland that are just as tall. I can find you Norwegian villages with an average height of 1.85.. They aren't representive of the ethnicity as a whole,

But indeed the average heights of these areas in Herzegovina are very tall and there is a great variance from 1.79 all the way to 1.85 .. Dutch for sure aren't much taller. But not much shorter either.

But Croats, Serbs or Bosniaks as a population aren't much taller than Dutch as a whole.. I would say Croats and Bosniaks of Bosnia are shorter.. Only Herzegovinians are as tall as the Dutch as you have shown here and also Montenigrins but Herzegovinia isn't an ethnicity.

People in Bosnia itself were shorter than Herzegovinians for example.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    HELLBANIAN
    Ethnicity
    HELLBANIAN
    Ancestry
    HELLBANIAN
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    HELLBANIAN
    mtDNA
    HELLBANIAN
    Taxonomy
    HELLBANIAN
    Politics
    HELLBANIAN
    Hero
    HELLBANIAN
    Religion
    HELLBANIAN
    Relationship Status
    HELLBANIAN
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Everyone who is from former Yugoslavia like me know that Herzegovinians and Dalmatians are taller on average than Montenegrins. I2a1b have a peak in Herzegovina and southern Dalmatia.
    Montenegrins from western Montenegro are taller than Montenegrins from eastern Montenegro. In western Montenegro there is more I2a1b western part, and in eastern part E-V13 is most dominant.
    Herzegovinians have longer heads and they are more robust than Montenegrins.
    Montenegrins are more rounded in comparation with Herzegovinians on average.
    Ydna isn't related to height.. Herzegovinians aren't an ethnicity. The map doesn't show Dalmatia.

South Slavs except for Herzegovinia and Montenegro are still shorter than Dutch. You also showed that height varies greatly among people of the same region or ethnicity... Bosniaks and Serbs of Bosnia are shorter than the people of the same ethnicity living in Herzegovina for example... we are talking about the average height of an ethnicity as a whole.

Even the average height of Herzegovina would be still tall and on par with Dutch but this would drop once you added other shorter areas or made it more ethnicity based

Banned
    Last Online
    04-05-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Anatolian
    Ancestry
    Barcin Neolithic+CHG
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,764
    Given: 2,769

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Weiss View Post
    Not even close, im 195 and everybody in the region i live is about the same height. Also in slavic countries there is in average way more tall people than in any germanic country. Germanic are weak and degenerate people way more inferior to the slavic untermensch
    Germanic people create civilization and they are responisble for great achievements.They are degenerate indeed bur they are superior To any other race.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

1 Not allowed!

Dalmatia and Herzegovina are inhabited by genetically identical people , so no need to separate them.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Dalmatia and Herzegovina are inhabited by genetically identical people , so no need to separate them.
    Interesting

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    HELLBANIAN
    Ethnicity
    HELLBANIAN
    Ancestry
    HELLBANIAN
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    HELLBANIAN
    mtDNA
    HELLBANIAN
    Taxonomy
    HELLBANIAN
    Politics
    HELLBANIAN
    Hero
    HELLBANIAN
    Religion
    HELLBANIAN
    Relationship Status
    HELLBANIAN
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

But yeah I agree Herzegovinia is a freakishly tall area too like Holland.. obviously tallest area in the Balkans but I don't see how most Balkan areas are as tall.. Croats, Bosnia proper, Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Greece, Romania.. most of these people are shorter than Herzegovinia, Montenegro or Holland.

The average height for Holland is for the whole country and not specific areas within the country. Most Balkan countries or European countries aren't much on par with that but the taller countries probably ain't much shorter

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa Tea View Post
    This is a map of Herzegovina and not Dalmatia, the Dalmatians arent as tall neither the Croats. It still doesn't show the average height of the area as a whole, it's using specific areas within that area.. of course it will be taller than Montenigrins as a whole or Dutch even though it's not by much. I'm sure you will find areas in Germany, Scandinavia, Holland that are just as tall.

But indeed the average heights of these areas in Herzegovina are very tall and there is a great variance from 1.79 all the way to 1.85 .. Dutch for sure aren't much taller. But not much shorter either.

But Croats, Serbs or Bosniaks as a population aren't much taller than Dutch as a whole.. I would say Croats and Bosniaks of Bosnia are shorter.. Only Herzegovinians are as tall as the Dutch as you have shown here and also Montenigrins but Herzegovinia isn't an ethnicity.

People in Bosnia itself were shorter than Herzegovinians for example.
    This is map is for Bosnia and Herzegovina, but I know from life that Dalmatians are quite tall on average.
    Herzegovinians are taller on average than Bosnians regardless they are Serbs, Croatians or Muslims (Bosniaks).
    185,9 cm on the map is Čapljina which have Croatian majority https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Čapljina
    185,3 cm on the map is Široki Brijeg which have Croatian majority https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Široki_Brijeg
    184,7 cm on the map is Trebinje which have Serbian majority https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebinje
    184,5 cm on the map is Nevesinje which have Serbian majority https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevesinje
    182,3 cm on the map is Mostar which is half Croatian, half Muslim/Bosniak https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mostar

184 cm near Sarajevo (Bosnia) is Romanija area which have absolute Serbian majority. People from Romanija area originated from Herzegovina. Their ancestor arrived there from Herzegovina in 18th and 19th century.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information