Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ask italian users stuff about Italy and Italians" thread

Parcere subiectis, debellare superbos. gıulıoımpa's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-02-2023 @ 09:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian(50% Campania-25% Piedmont 25% Ciociaria/m.lepini), plot slightly West of Abruzzo (x534 y390)
    Ancestry
    3/4 Southern Italy+ 1/4 Northwestern Italy
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    J-L26 -(J2a1 ------> J-PF5197)
    mtDNA
    H5'36
    Taxonomy
    Med(Berid-like)+Dinaric .Skull shape similar to:Sutz eneolithic skull
    Politics
    Pragmatism should prevail. I pick the better fruits from left and right. Issues must be faced.
    Hero
    Every intellectually honest person. I'll be precise with people who act precisely.
    Religion
    Agnostic. I appreciate some aspects of religion(s) .I despise others and who feels entitled by them
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,376
    Given: 3,153

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos One View Post
    There's any relationship or thoughts with Italian-South Americans, like many Brazilians/Argentinians/Uruguayans? How common is to find one living in Italy, and there's any common sentiment about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos One View Post
    There's any relationship or thoughts with Italian-South Americans, like many Brazilians/Argentinians/Uruguayans? How common is to find one living in Italy, and there's any common sentiment about them?
    Well every italian that got there had a dream, almost unrealizeable for many in the 1800's : to have a piece of land of their own to work.
    I admire very much those italians who got there, probably even more than the ones that got in the USA; they were in many cases very determined.
    ad the cultural similarities for sure helped: first they were Workers in the Aciendas and Facendas then got their own piece of land and finally many became small and then big enterpreneurs, translating from agricultural world into small and sometimes big activities making often the bulk of the south american middle class( especially argentina and uruguay i'm less familiar with Brazil), a thing that in the USA rarely occurred in the same time frame.
    (even though the sistem of the aciendas was for sure better than the one in the facendas).so as you can see if it happens that those kind of people make request, they Always are in my experience , coming from a small middle class environment that built it's own fortune , very educated (often with a degree looking for opportunities… not that this is the best place but hey argentinadid not give many opportunities with the raising inflation), so in that i've no objection , even if sometimes the thing may seem a bit forced (when they come because of the great great great grandfather, but who cares honestly). they usually integrate very well in italian society also because culturally they are not really that far to start with (especially argentinians and uruguayans) it's only a bit of accent that remains

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian‏‏‎
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,183
    Given: 9

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Catarinense1998 View Post
    Romans are considered "terroni"?
    Usually that word applies to those south of Rome, although there are alsso northerners who use questionable sayings such as "Africa starts south of the Po river". The typical Roman however is very lively and instinctive, I find the Romans closer to southerners than northerners or maybe they are something transitional.

In Terroni logic, the northerners are the greatest

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian(50% Campania-25% Piedmont 25% Ciociaria/m.lepini), plot slightly West of Abruzzo (x534 y390)
    Ancestry
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H5'36
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Pragmatism should prevail. I pick the better fruits from left and right. Issues must be faced.
    Hero
    Every intellectually honest person. I'll be precise with people who act precisely.
    Religion
    Agnostic. I appreciate some aspects of religion(s) .I despise others and who feels entitled by them
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Romans are considered "terroni"? In Terroni logic, the northerners are the greatest, but, Roma is the capital - soon I dont understand it.
    yep, some sure do consider us terroni ,not all but some. our worst individuals can be loud (less than the worst individual of the south) and can be rude sometimes. we easily make ourself very recognisible from Tuscany on haha.

the fact that we are the capital almost is a minus in the deep North. they used to Say "Roma Ladrona" (rome the big Robber) because it's seen by some as a distant place where power and corruption resides. a bit like the biblical Subburra.

i've never made fun of a Milanese or Piedmontese accent but whenever i go up as soon as i talk everybody got a smirk on their face, some interrrupt me to point that i'm from Rome... haha probably I sound like some stereotypical Roman film Carachter (yes we had a lot of bad publicity because for a time in the 50's and 60's , every lazy, rude, dummy acting fictional carachter was from Rome i don't know why we should ask the film industry)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H5'36
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ujku View Post
    What do Italians think about Albanians ?
    i think after the big emigration period in the Nineties , where they were THE immigrants they mostly faded out of the public imaginario.

i think it's good because it means in the end Albanians are just normal people trying to live their lives so they should not have any reason to get attention. i think this also happened because we had a lot of gypsy immigration from Romania so the attention of the mass got in that direction, meanwhile assimilation went so fluidly nobody really paid attention .

plus two good singers in Italy are Albanians

Anna Oxa (Pugliese-albanian)

beautiful song btw

Ermal Meta got into italy at 13 years old, i was surprised he was albanian, speaks perfect and accentated(North) Italian

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Y-DNA
    E-M81 (E1b1b1b)
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,529
    Given: 1,986

1 Not allowed!

About soccer, what the most serious and violent rivalry?
    Milan x Internazionale
    Lazio x Roma
    Juventus x Torino

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H5'36
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    Usually that word applies to those south of Rome, although there are alsso northerners who use questionable sayings such as "Africa starts south of the Po river". The typical Roman however is very lively and instinctive, I find the Romans closer to southerners than northerners or maybe they are something transitional.

il "sei di roma EEEH" non me lo leva nessuno quando vado al nord. Però è una marcia in piu coi milanesi, gli stiamo sempre simpatici pensano che siamo "amiconi ao che famo"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian‏‏‎
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    Is the mafia really to blame for the Genoa bridge collapse?
    If you mean the mafias of southern Italy, no they were not involved in the construction of that bridge (early 1960s). Lack of efficiency and shitty materials are to blame in my opinion. The use of weakened cement has led to numerous collapses throughout Sicily: roads, bridges, viaducts, railways, tunnels, houses, shopping centers and even schools, hospitals and police stations may be at risk of collapses because they are built with little cement and lots of sand. The profitable business for the mafia clans, which in Italy handle the cement business by winning national and local contracts to build public and private works.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 244

2 Not allowed!

About soccer, what the most serious and violent rivalry?
    Milan x Internazionale
    Lazio x Roma
    Juventus x Torino
    In this order, Hellas Verona-Napoli (Veronesi are very anti-Southerners), Lazio-Livorno (political, Laziali are fascists, Livornesi communists) and Hellas Verona-Vicenza (parochialism and politics, Veronesi are neo-nazi, Vicentini are apolitical but were historically lefties).

Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 10:17 AM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of Sikeliot our saviour!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,186
    Given: 3,169

1 Not allowed!

What's are the similarities and differences between Greeks and Italians?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian‏‏‎
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Good ideia dude. I have 2 ask here:

1 - How the italians see the Roman Empire today? Is it just an old glorious period of Italy in your minds?

2 - Do you agree with the nationality politic? As far as I know, if you have an italian ancestral, you can get the italian citizenship.
    The Romans, the greatest civilization in human history, are never valued as they should by the Italians (this also applies to all other artistic, archaeological and cultural goods) and some also have a self-destructive attitude and consider the ancient Romans as a foreign people to current Italians. I'm sure the average Italian will tell you: "before 1861 there were neither Italians nor Italy", even though it was the Romans who were the first to unify the country!
    I thunk that to obtain citizenship, there should some basic requirements:
    - speak fluent Italian and demonstrate compliance with Italian law, integrate with life in Italy, be familiar with Italian habits, customs and traditions and do not constitute a danger to the internal or external security of Italy
    - have lived in Italy for at least 10 years
    - birth in Italian territory should not automatically confer Italian citizenship on a child
    - foreigners with all four Italian grandparents could obtain citizenship

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information