I want to share this old photo of one of the most famous sicilian writers in Italy, Luigi Pirandello. He was born in Agrigento from a father of Genoan ancestry and mother from Agrigento. This is a very rare photo of him with Albert Einstein taken in Germany somewhen in 1935.

Luigi_Pirandello,_Albert_Einstein_1935.jpg

Pirandello was not just a writer but a real genius. Einstein invited him in Germany to discuss about the theory of relativity. The first novel written by Pirandello (written when he was just 19) was inspired by my great grandparents' secret love affair. Because my great grandfather was the child of an unknown man, the only key to solve the mistery of my maternal family's unknown ancestry is in the novel of Pirandello and my DNA results...the only thing I learned from Pirandello's novel is that my great grandfather's father was a writer and famous italian politician born in Agrigento...the mother was a teacher.

The story took place between the year 1850 and 1900...

The story was also confirmed by the oldest people in my mom's family. Unfortunately my mom's aunt who knew more details about this story, she died few years ago.

Last year I was very determined to dig more about it, so I started to research my great grandfather's records in Agrigento and I discovered that his father was "unknown" and his family name never existed in Agrigento, so everything has become more complicated...

I really hope my DNA results will help