Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,420
    Given: 7,888

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    I mean permanent inhabitation, you wombat. Not the invasions. Permanent inhabitation of Slavic residents took place in the mid-18th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahns View Post
    Wrong, the Slavomacedonians were in today's Greece for Early Medieval times, hell even the names of cities had Slavic name before the Dictaror Metaxas forcefully changed the names in the Greek ones. I will never mention that the State forcefully changed our names to sound more Greek.
    Excuse me, since when Thessaloniki had a Slavic name? Or Pella? Or Drama? Or most toponyms in Macedonia. There are almost 2,500 toponyms in Macedonia. Of them the 138 have or had Slavic origin:

http://akritas-history-of-makedonia....st_25.html?m=1

In the interwar period, a policy of assimilation of Macedonia’s Slavs continued by using different techniques and methods. For instance, in Greece, all Slavic personal and place names were Hellenized and pieces of evidence of Slavic literacy were in many cases removed or destroyed. In addition, in the 1920s population exchanges took place between Greece and Bulgaria and Greece and Turkey. For instance, “over 1,200,000 Greeks left Turkey [from Asia Minor] of whom some 540,000 settled in Greek Macedonia along with approximately 100,000 more Greek refugees who settled there before 1920“.[3] Those Greek refugees who were transferred to Aegean Macedonia changed the ethnic breakdown of this region in the favor of Hellenization and deSlavization. Under Ioannis Metaxas’ dictatorship (1936−1941)[4] the position of all minorities in Greece became worsen as a Greek government viewed the minorities as a danger to the state’s security but the repression of Slavic speakers in Greece was particularly severe. People were persecuted for expressing their national identity, like speaking their Slavic language.[5] Over 5,000 Slavic speakers were interned from the border regions with the Kingdom of Yugoslavia[6] and night schools served to teach adult Slavic speakers the Greek language.[7] As a consequence, the number of people in Greek Macedonia with a sense of a Greek national identity increased substantially up to the WWII.
    Yeah, these 670,000 Greeks from 1910 to 1923 were added to the already existing total of 750,000 Greeks (both the Christians and the Islamised ones), who were 70% of Macedonia's population before 1910. And when I say Islamised Greeks, I don't mean the Muslim community in Thrace, as you've said once I considered so, but them:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Muslims

They were ethnic Greeks who converted to Islam. In the demographic censuses in the area, Greek Muslims were separated from the other Greeks. But both in total always were the 70% or more of Macedonia's population. In the population exchange of 1923, more than half of the 610,000 Muslims that left for Turkey were Greek Muslim converts.

As for the oppression, yeah, I'm sorry about that. But through this passage is evident that they're Slavs, and not related to the ancient kingdom.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Banned
    Last Online
    06-02-2020 @ 02:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Japonic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, Japanese
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 19

0 Not allowed!

Wrong, the Slavomacedonians were in today's Greece for Early Medieval times, hell even the names of cities had Slavic name before the Dictaror Metaxas forcefully changed the names in the Greek ones. I will never mention that the State forcefully changed our names to sound more Greek.
    Yall Balkans.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread Information