Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

[*]Have you ever had these feelings yourself, and how did you cope with them?
    No, not really. Even when my life was pretty bad I still thought that it was better to live. I enjoy even the horrible times in life. I can't say I want to live life and then be pissed off when horrible shit happens. That's not the way it works, things that we consider absolutely tormenting are just a part of life. I like all of the experiences life has to offer. Maybe not right at the time, but usually I can see beyond it a bit and begin to think it was worthwhile.

I remember thinking that maybe I should think about suicide when I was younger. Bad childhood and all. I couldn't even seriously think about it. I remember thinking then that if i ever really wanted to "get out of it all" I would just do something crazy with my life and live without a care of dying...hell, I probably should live like that now.

[*]Do you now persons who commited suicide and how did you respond to this?
    I've only known people who have known people who have committed suicide.

[*]Do you think suicide/euthanisia is perse wrong?
    Honestly, suicide is usually an escape route for the cowardly. Strong stance, I know, but generally speaking these people who commit suicide are just really confused at the time. For whatever reason, they can't seem to get beyond their very immediate situation. I see no reason for suicide among otherwise healthy and safe individuals. If you are really depressed or pissed off about something to the point you are willing to kill yourself over it, why not just do everything humanly possible to change that?

I think giving examples of situations where people might consider killing themselves would be a good thing, for those who say suicide is a good option. It's hard to talk about this sort of thing without good examples.

Euthanasia is different. As is suicide in some situations such as being held prisoner and being tortured by the Viet-Cong.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-25-2020 @ 05:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    UK/Germany
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Celto-Germanic
    Religion
    Chaos-Gnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trintignant View Post
    What is your opinion in general about suicide?

Our ability to choose to end our life when we see it fit is one of the fundamental differences between us and the animals. To remove a sane person's possibility and the right to end his/her life when s/he chooses to is to remove a part of his/her humanity.

Have you ever had these feelings yourself, and how did you cope with them?

No, never. And trust me my friend, I've been through the fucking gamut: psychological and sexual abuse in childhood, unemployment, poverty, sexual and romantic rejection, painful medical conditions, disability, being betrayed by people I thought I could trust, etc, etc ...

It never, ever has crossed my mind to kill myself. I've always known that no matter what happens to me, as long as I have my wits about me, I can always make my way on to something better.

I have, however decided that once I sense my mind going, I'll end it. It's shouldn't be for other 40 years or so, though. It's my right and privilege, and no-one is going to tell me any different. Unless a cardiac arrest takes me first, of course (it runs in my father's side of the family).

Do you now persons who commited suicide and how did you respond to this?

After the Hungarians, Finns are the most avid suiciders in Europe. I have a friend whose father hung himself a year after he retired from his position as an artillery colonel in the Finnish armed forces, and another friend whose brother shot himself in the head for no reason that anyone could understand. He had a wife, two children, a good job, and a secured future.

How did their families deal with their deaths? They mourned for a certain time and then decided its time for life to go on. What else can anyone do?

Do you think suicide/euthanisia is perse wrong?

As I suppose what I wrote above should make clear, no, I don't.

However KVC my friend, please allow me to say this ...

I have said that every person has a right to suicide. However, it should always be the very last option. You haven't told us what it is that's bothering you, which is fair enough. But as far as I know, you're only in your mid-thirties, you're a well-known, well-liked and well-respected internet poster, you're a succesful tattoo artist, you're making a living doing something you enjoy. Why on Earth would you want to top yourself?

And what about your fearsome canine companion? Bruiser, Brutus, Beast, what was he called again? You can't abandon him. Take him out for a walk, gaze at the stars, when you see the old lady from next door that thinks "there's that horrible skinhead with the tattoos on his face" coming, tell her, "good evening ma'm" as charmingly as you can. Then go home and put on a record and crack open a beer.

And remember, if you die, I'll never get the chance to buy you a beer, or two, or fourteen, like we talked about when yiou eventually come to this country.
    Yeah KCV listen to this man.

Hell, I wish I had your life! Hahaha!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-08-2012 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

0 Not allowed!

Cool

It is your life, no one elses. You are not obligated to live for someone else. If you have children, I don't think it is fair to them though. The decision is yours and anyone that says it is selfish, is selfish themselves.

Yes, quite often, especially years ago. It ended with an attempt in a hotel room 10 years ago. My wife had left me, my brother was dead recently, I had lost my job and I was drinking heavily. Somehow, I was found by hotel workers and revived. These days, I am happy with a wife and children and don't consider suicide anymore. I don't ever rule it out though.

Yes, my brother, 10 years older than me, shot his head off when cornered by police in our father's house. He had been sought for burglaries and refused to go to jail. It came at a low point in my life and really tore me up. He left 2 boys and his wife. I really, really miss him but I don't have any right to question his decision and judgement. In fact, I don't think I have the balls to do what he did. I see him as courageous.

I don't see either act as wrong. It is someone's personal decision. Who has the right to judge this decision?

Thanks KCV for sharing your thoughts. I know exactly how you feel. Just be sure when you think of things, that you think with a clear head. Remember, the decision is irreversible. If you have any doubts, ask family or friends to talk. Even here at Apricity.

Take care my dear friend and comrade!!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Death
    Ethnicity
    Death
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KCV... View Post
    [list][*]What is your opinion in general about suicide?[*]Have you ever had these feelings yourself, and how did you cope with them?
    I do not know. I can understand it when the person is someone who suffer a lot from an uncurable sickniss. But someone who still is healthy and young. Wel the Alfather said someone who lives can still get a cow. So life means hope in a certain sense.

Last Online
    04-30-2009 @ 12:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    swedish
    Ancestry
    Sweden and Finland.
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

[*]What is your opinion in general about suicide?

It's a decision I respect from SANE people, people who have a temporary mental breakdown or a mental disease that can be cured I think it is sad when those kill themselves. I understand it but it is quite sad.
    [*]Have you ever had these feelings yourself, and how did you cope with them?

Oh yes, even threw myself from a tree with a rope around my neck once, I survived so I take it as a sign that I will die when I die. No need to worry about that anymore. No need to speed it up so to say.
    [*]Do you now persons who commited suicide and how did you respond to this?

I know several people that have chosen to end their lives by their own hands and I think it is sad but I also respect their will. Who am I to force them to live if they have no desire to?
    [*]Do you think suicide/euthanisia is perse wrong?

No, I don't understand why it's such a taboo to even talk about. I blame christianity.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-30-2012 @ 05:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    The Cult of Odin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Who cares it's your life...I quess would be my saying..

Yeah, I used to get real upset. Life can be a bitch. When I was a little boy I'd hide in my sleeping bag and say " I wish I was never born " and cry and stuff. My Momma would say "quit feeling sorry for yourself"..she was right.

When I was 20 I got half-drunk and cut my wrist with a serrated kitchen knife. I cut it up high..1/3 or so from my wrist to my elbow.. pretty deep..it took 17 stitches to sew it up.

Some other time I was up to it again and was out on my balcony crying and holding my knife. Somehow I cut my thumb and decided I was just being foolish. I've never even thought about it agian..

..other than fuck it..life's a bitch..I'm gonna tough it out no matter what..

Nobody that actually died.

My step-daddy shot himself in the chest and missed his heart by a half of an inch. He was sad cause my Momma was messing around with my Daddy. I can't blame him for feeling that way. That's about all that would put me over the edge these days..except I'd be murderous first.

I had a buddy in jail who said on Thursday night that when they gave us razors on Saturday he was going to cut his wrists and that he wanted me to go beat on the door so they'd come and get him so he wouldn't die. He actually did it. He later bit a chunk out of his wrist about the size of a quarter, and with a nail that was stuck in somebody's shoe scraped black stuff off of the camode and put it in it along with hamburger meat and other stuff. He tried to get me to break his leg, and hit him in the kidney's untill he pissed blood. He drank soap and roll-on deodorant too..he was nuts.

Of course not.

Later,
    -Lyfing

Antipodean Loyalist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-19-2009 @ 07:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Son of the Empire
    Ancestry
    Scottish, English, Irish and Spanish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Alpinised Bruenn + Med
    Politics
    Rule from above
    Religion
    Heathenry & Ascension
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!

KCV,

If you feel like your life is shit then you might want to give it all up. That doesn't mean you need to kill yourself though.

You could just do something crazy eg Sell up your possessions and go travel. I know that in Europe you can't really "live off the land" like you could here, but you can still live off your own character and personality.

Just do something different!
    "With gratitude for the past and confidence in the future we range ourselves without fear beside Britain. Where she goes, we go; where she stands, we stand. We are only a small and young nation, but we march with a union of hearts and souls to a common destiny."

- Michael Joseph Savage

"All we are and all we have is at the disposal of the British Government."

- William Massey to the British Government, 1914

Last Online
    01-30-2013 @ 04:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    At my fathers side, we are all pure norwegians back to the black plague
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Rogaland
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Åsatru
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Just need to mention someting:

People keep saying suicide is selfish, but is it really so? What does a person who commit suicide thinks? Is it really true that he does it only for himself? No, I don't think so. Humans are selfish indeed, but few this much. A person who commits suicide will most likely think that it's for the best for everyone and that no one would miss him. And that's is in some sence true.

The human mind have the survival instinct, and this instict press us all to move on from pain, suffering and mourning. A person will be missed when he kills himself, but it won't be forever, off course this depends on how close this person is to someone. And the feeling of missing someone might also been misinterpitated and confused with the feeling of giving up. The human mind won't allow us to miss someone over too long time, sadly in one way and great in another.

So a "suicider" most likely think something like this, and it would not suprise me if he was a nihilist.
    :Visi neinn, sithan mathr fylgja neinn:
    :Fylgja neinn, sithan mathr visi neinn:
    :Hvarfa vith til mathr, etha fagna mathr:

Gifts does not need to be great, one does often get compliments to few

This one is machine and nerve, and got a mind concluded.
    This one is but flesh and faith, and are the more deluded.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Pennsylvania Dutch
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

0 Not allowed!

What's wrong with being selfish? I think it is more selfish to try and force a person to exist just because others would miss/need them.

I think once you've come to terms with your death and the fact that you can end it yourself if you wish then you have gained some freedom. If you do not care about death and what you will leave behind then you should be carefree enough to do anything, no matter the consequences. You could drop everything and leave, just walk away, no matter what happens it could be no more detrimental to your experiences than if you were to die.

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information