Thread: To Americans that have visited Europe

Last Online
    11-08-2021 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    https://lasxtribus.wordpress.com
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Ancestry
    http://www.eutimes.net/2010/06/king-tuts-dna-is-western-european/ youtube.com/watch?v=b0osTYLsleE
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Catalunya
    Taxonomy
    https://bennettleeross.com/history/throughout-the-centuries-cities-have-been-deliberately-radiated-a
    Politics
    http://hal_macgregor.tripod.com/gregor/Chronicles.html
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 674

0 Not allowed!

For Americans: Europe is much, much more than France (Paris), Italy (Rome) and England (London)...(no offens).
    In American movies, when someone talk about visiting Europe, they allways want to travel to those cities. (Paris 99%). There are lot of beautiful, magical and incredible countries (or cities) all over Europe, from North to South, from East to West.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh/Berber
    Ancestry
    Algeria
    Country
    Switzerland
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,943
    Given: 4,116

1 Not allowed!

I will answer from the other side : I live in Europe (France) and visited the US.
    It's very interesting because the US and Europe are very similar and very different at the same time. These are the differences are noticed (from a French view, European countries are all different) with my American friends
    Please don't take it personally, it's generalization, it does not apply to anyone and I don't live in the US, maybe I'm wrong

- Everything is bigger in the US : cars, highways, meals, buildings etc...
    - Americans are super friendly and helpful, Europeans are more reserved and colder but it depends on the country, Southern Europeans tend to be friendlier
    - Nobody smokes in the US, hallelujah
    - Americans always dress casually and comfortably (sometimes awfully sorry lol). Europeans are more fashionable and trendy.
    - Americans live for their jobs, they are very career oriented, they earn money but they don't enjoy it. Europeans earn less but they enjoy their money and life.
    - Americans spend their lives in their cars, no public transport, they don't walk a lot (except in NYC). Europeans walk a lot and use more public transport.
    - Starbucks in every corners on every streets in the US, they always take their coffee away with them. Europeans, well at least French, we sit to drink our coffee and take our time. Same for food, food/coffee is sacred.
    - It's not weird for Americans to eat in a restaurant/cafe alone, they work in cafes with their mac. In France and in Europe in general, it's not as frequent.
    - Political correctness is extremely important in the US, you can't say everything you want, people are more sensitive. People speak more their mind in France.
    - At the office, in France, you can speak about many topics and make trivial jokes with your colleagues, it's not weird : politics, sexuality etc... you can even become friends. Maybe I'm wrong but in the US, it seems more formal.
    -American men are super direct when it comes to flirting, much more than Western Europeans (was very surprised about that). They have no problem to talk to you in public places and offers you to have a drink or coffee. While some Southern European men can be very direct and insistant when they come to you, American men are not disrespectful in general. They won't insist if you say you are not interested. What I'm going to say is not going to please everyone but I also find them also less cheap compared to European men and less feminine when it comes to some behaviours/attitudes.
    - Paying that amount of money for health & universities is scandalous from a European/French view haha but I admire how Americans are hard workers and they are not lazy like here in France doing strikes and demonstrations for nothing. Here people want the cake and eat it too. People here are jealous of rich/successful people, showing your wealth is not appreciated. In the US, it seems different but maybe I'm wrong. Successful people are role models.

PS : dating in the US is very different than dating in France/Europe in general.
    When you date someone in France except if it's casual sex, you are in relationship with this person and you don't date someone else at the same time. It's considered cheating here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information