Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only Albanian here who doesn't consider Skanderbeg a national hero ?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-09-2022 @ 06:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic, Iberian
    Ancestry
    Iberia, Hellas
    Country
    Uruguay
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,035
    Given: 1,241

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arborean View Post
    You all recognize him from the sidelines whilst leaving him to fight a lone crusade with no help. Europe likes to acknowledge the man when it comes to "Christendom" but when it came to actually fighting and supporting him during the Crusade, they all tucked tail and watched from the sidelines like a bunch of cheerleaders.
    Shit happens.

The same happened in the Fall of Constantinople;

Still the eyewitness of those who have seen testifies better than does the hearing of deeds that happened but yesterday or the day before." Byzantine Emperor Constantine XI swiftly understood Mehmed's true intentions and turned to Western Europe for help; but now the price of centuries of war and enmity between the eastern and western churches had to be paid. Since the mutual excommunications of 1054, the Pope in Rome was committed to establishing authority over the eastern church.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Constantinople

Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 105

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    I don't care if he's a national hero. I'm saying he isn't our most important. Albanians were under Ottoman occupation for 500 years after that. It made no difference whatsoever in the end. He played no direct role In our later history and most likely didn't share the same values. He was mythified and introduced by Naim Frasheri. In Skenderaj he isn't much important. So why exactly are we sucking his dick again in favour of people that actually have given their lives for our country when the guy had no impact ?

Nothing ODD about adopting him, I agree. Which is why we need to relearn our history. It can be emotional since you're all accustomed to sucking his dick already but you'll get there eventually.

It's no about Muslim or Christian, it's the fact the guy was obviously half Serb and fought for Christendom despite all the people that betrayed him were Christians from Venice, to Albanian tribes to Albanian noble families to even some Serbs. As for caring for religion, yes , Albos here do care. But I don't. In order to piss them off I support Albanian Muslim.

Barleti does mention how his men seemed to not be fighting for religion after all the betrayals, but that's beside the point, the guy did refer to himself as a Christian soldier and demanded all his soldiers to be Christians. And not to mention he was a half Serb who does not fit in today.

Not everybody can have a life like you, man. I am so jealous.

Go feed yourself, you look like a holocaust survivor

Last Online
    09-02-2022 @ 07:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Albania R1b
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Albanians
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R-PH544
    mtDNA
    J1C
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,527
    Given: 905

1 Not allowed!

You are not albanian....you are ex muslislavian....the typic success of the serbian experiment..

"Shqiptar i vėrtetė e i mirė ėshtė ay qė vė gjithėnjė e kurėdo kombėrinė pėrpara fesė, nuk ka vėllezėr ata qė ka nė besėn e tij, por ata qė ka nė kombėri tė tij.” – Sami Frashėri"
    "A true and good Albanian is the one who always and everywhere puts the nation before the religion, there are no brothers who are in his faith, but those who are in his nation." - Sami Frashėri "

Last Online
    11-22-2020 @ 07:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    R1b-PF7563
    Hero
    Skanderbeg
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 32

0 Not allowed!

ēa jane kta bethqim qe shkrujne shqip, jua a qifte kina nanen e motrat. Done me pthurr edhe statujen e Skenderbeut... trimat!!!
    Ultimo octobris 1460: “Et perché dicite che con Albanesi non bastarņ ad ad ayutarlo né ad defendere né a dampnificare li possenti soi nemici ve respondo che, se aio mutato lo effecto et se le nostre croniche mon menteno, noy ne chiamano Epiroti et dovete havere noticia, che in diversi tempi de li nostri antecessori passassero nel paese che hogi Voy tenete hebbero con Romani grande battaglie et trovamo ut plurimum, che hebeno piłtosto honore che vergogna

Last Online
    10-30-2018 @ 09:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    unknown
    Ethnicity
    unknown
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

You have to take into a count that back in the time of Skanderbeg, Albanians did not embrace islam yet so your opinion about Kastrioti killing other muslim albanian is unrealistic by default.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information