View Poll Results: Which country would you choose to live?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • United States

1 20.00%
  • United Kingdom

4 80.00%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: United States or the United Kingdom where you would prefer to live.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246
    Given: 2,262

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Have heard mixed stories, some good and some bad. It's a motivated driven city, which means that I could not possibly survive it.
    It's hell with perks if you work there with a good job otherwise run away as far as possible

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

0 Not allowed!

I would like to try living for at least 6 months in UK I would probably hate it since I can't stand that cold weather anything under 45 F I'm freezing to death.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,134
    Given: 9,065

0 Not allowed!

Scotland if they had good weather
    Minnesota - Normally
    Texas if it was little bit colder.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by emziepiex3 View Post
    I'd wanna live in America cuz the nature is beautiful. I already lived in London for 3 years and didn't like it. Too aggressive for me. I love Washington state and the nature there. I mean look how pretty

I mean I'm in love.

I have nothing against the UK. It's just too tiny of an island and doesn't offer anything remotely interesting to me. From Washington state I'd be able to visit California if I want nice weather and it's fun like there's so many other surrounding states with great nature as well to visit. I just love nature
    That's like comparing the beautiful English, Welsh, and Scottish countryside with Detroit, or the Bronx region of New York City. (Then again, NYC has Manhattan - quite a contrast to the Bronx area. Like many large cities around the world, London also has it's share of bad areas and it's share of extremely popular and nice areas.)

We have beautiful and peaceful countryside areas too, lots of culture and folk festivals and historic castles, lots of charismatic thatched stone cottages and charming old villages and ancient architecture... you can take scenic and traditional steam train rides through the countryside here... we also have mountains in Scotland and Wales and the Lake District in northern England.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...t-West-Country

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...eltic-Cornwall

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ountry-Gardens

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...n-West-Country

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...h-West-England

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-images/page41

London is a very large place. Which area and borough of London did you live?!

London is a totally different place to the rest of England and to the rest of the UK.

I'm originally from the south-west coast of beautiful Dorset in the West Country. I live in Little Venice in Westminster, Central London. I made some videos of my home area on my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/lilyeve...=Little+Venice

There's advantages and disadvantages to life in London. It's great for finding work opportunities, meeting people, choices of foods, shops, range of services, easy travel, etc.... I love the convenience of having everything closeby.... but it's expensive and overcrowded and has too much multiculturalism (and I feel a bit alienated here sometimes in my own country,) and it's often very busy and noisy during the day.

I was born and raised in Dorset and spent my childhood in Kent, Hampshire, and Dorset, and I miss the countryside at times. I also love nature. I'm versatile though and can adapt to living in the countryside, seaside towns, and cities. I like the numerous large parks and green spaces in London and I love Kew Gardens.

Have you visited Wales?

Have you visited the ancient City of Bath in Somerset, south-west England? The entire city is a World Heritage Site.

Have you visited The Cotswolds in England, or the Highlands of Scotland?

Edinburgh is a city that's rich in history and culture.

I wouldn't mind moving further north as it's too warm for my liking in southern England. I love rain and I prefer cooler climates.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere where there's earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, heatwaves, extreme heat, bush fires, etc.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-29-2018 at 01:28 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,706
    Given: 5,850

2 Not allowed!

My Grandad and family beyond are from the least populated district in England out of 326 regions. The Density is 24 people per Km2. its area size is 827 sq mi (2,142 km2) and the population is 52 thousand. It is also ranked number one for Greenspace at 97.9%

Was there on holiday exploring in 2017 and it is about as far from London as can get. Parts of the lake District and Pennines are within the Eden District and are places would reccomend if anyone wants to see the emptier scenic England.(if you don't mind rain)

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,167
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post

I wouldn't mind moving further north as it's too warm for my liking in southern England. I love rain and I prefer cooler climates.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere where there's earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, heatwaves, extreme heat, bush fires, etc.
    If you love cold climates and you're tired of London and multiculturism because you're not going to live in Iceland or Norway, I say this as a suggestion.

I'm also sure you'd love to see this every night.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246
    Given: 2,262

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    That's like comparing the beautiful English, Welsh, and Scottish countryside with Detroit, or the Bronx region of New York City. (Then again, NYC has Manhattan - quite a contrast to the Bronx area. Like many large cities around the world, London also has it's share of bad areas and it's share of extremely popular and nice areas.)

We have beautiful and peaceful countryside areas too, lots of culture and folk festivals and historic castles, lots of charismatic thatched stone cottages and charming old villages and ancient architecture... you can take scenic and traditional steam train rides through the countryside here... we also have mountains in Scotland and Wales and the Lake District in northern England.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...t-West-Country

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...eltic-Cornwall

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ountry-Gardens

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...n-West-Country

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...h-West-England

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-images/page41

London is a very large place. Which area and borough of London did you live?!

London is a totally different place to the rest of England and to the rest of the UK.

I'm originally from the south-west coast of beautiful Dorset in the West Country. I live in Little Venice in Westminster, Central London. I made some videos of my home area on my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/lilyeve...=Little+Venice

There's advantages and disadvantages to life in London. It's great for finding work opportunities, meeting people, choices of foods, shops, range of services, easy travel, etc.... I love the convenience of having everything closeby.... but it's expensive and overcrowded and has too much multiculturalism (and I feel a bit alienated here sometimes in my own country,) and it's often very busy and noisy during the day.

I was born and raised in Dorset and spent my childhood in Kent, Hampshire, and Dorset, and I miss the countryside at times. I also love nature. I'm versatile though and can adapt to living in the countryside, seaside towns, and cities. I like the numerous large parks and green spaces in London and I love Kew Gardens.

Have you visited Wales?

Have you visited the ancient City of Bath in Somerset, south-west England? The entire city is a World Heritage Site.

Have you visited The Cotswolds in England, or the Highlands of Scotland?

Edinburgh is a city that's rich in history and culture.

I lived in central London close to Hyde park. Yeah it was too multicultural for me as well since I am from a small closed off European country. I never visited the English countryside much except for Reading. I don't know if I'd wanna visit tbh. Nature can be found everywhere and I am more drawn to America but I can't deny the UK has some lovely nature as well like all European countries

Teutonic “CG” Appreciator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 03:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English, German
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    h1h
    Taxonomy
    Yakubian Gorilla / Faelid+Subnordic
    Politics
    Apolitical (drooler)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 754
    Given: 719

1 Not allowed!

idk man looking at the political climate in the UK makes me feel a bit more inclined to the good ol' US of A.
    The region I live in is actually quite pretty and relaxed if you stay outside of the cities.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-30-2020 @ 03:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Kaffir Kefir
    Country
    South Africa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 785

0 Not allowed!

If the two Anglosphere giants struck down multikult and were under a common government, I wouldn't have an opinion either way. I'm uncomfortable establishing a preference. If in the UK, I'd rather live in the Lake District. If in the US, that would have to be Alaska.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

For all its flaws: UK. The only thing that America has to offer mankind is an abundance of space. I do think, however, that the UK needs to sort out its housing problem: some of their housing stock is barely fit for purpose in this day and age and many of their neighbourhoods really need better maintenance. I also noticed that, for children, there isn't much of the outdoor culture that we have here. So that would be a problem if the better half and I have kids.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information