Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,166
    Given: 4,758

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    No, we had our own drugs it is joke

No, we did not see drug dealers. We saw many beggars, such as I have commented above.

The Lello library is super pretty, but it is massified as fuck. We waited 10 or 15 minutes to enter, and then in the interior there is no a simple corner where there are not people It is a bit oppresive.
    I thought it was funny because the area where there were drug dealers reminded him of the Walking Dead.

And the library is beautiful, the same thing, the problem was that the place is full of tourists, especially the red staircase, on the red staircase there are always people blocking the way taking selfies.

Last Online
    03-15-2024 @ 02:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Portugal is very similar to Spain or did you see something that is different from your country?

The ethnic Portuguese are the same as the Spanish or are darker as you said a few months ago in a thread?

Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 04:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,737
    Given: 3,221

0 Not allowed!

Check this, videos of the big demonstrations of 2011.. they show a lot of people. The imagine is not a multi cultural one:

On the other hand, one could think immigrants don't protest. But the video above is more or less in line with what i saw back then in terms of locals vs multiculturals.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern Portuguese, 1/4 Galician
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

1 Not allowed!

Porto has a visible African community although not to the extent you mentioned (not counting them btw ), Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, minor East Euros etc. In down-town is also true a considerable number of souvenir shops is owned by Bangladeshians, Indians, Pakistanis?! (never asked from where they are from), I think I've came across one or other NA. Also true the African community is indeed integrated as the remaining are as well on average.
    You just visited the historic part of the city judging by what you described, São Bento station is part of it as well. If you noticed usually some group of gypsies are there selling marijuana to tourists. How could they missed you CV?
    That is the hot spot of the city, the hub. Tourists from all over the world (out number locals btw), Erasmus students, immigrants and natives all converge there, giving a different life and movement and probably enhancing this multi-ethnic sensation of yours as well.
    Porto's dynamics changed significantly last 5 to 10 years (still the boss tho). Glad you enjoyed it.
    Last edited by ÁGUIA; 09-06-2018 at 11:55 AM.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,724
    Given: 43,633

1 Not allowed!

Portugal looks amazing. Thanks do sharing. Fantastic architecture.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern Portuguese, 1/4 Galician
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

1 Not allowed!

Some months ago a Spanish girl tried to hump the most sexy man in the city.
    Spoiler!

Poor thing, Spanish libido was way too much for Ardina man to take. I mean fury, Spanish fury ...

Spoiler!

Full disclosure about female Spanish hormones.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,948

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    Portugal is very similar to Spain or did you see something that is different from your country?
    Many things are different. For example I noticed that, while in Spain is more or less usual that a building (overall in the periphery) has a bajo (I dont know the word in English), they almost dont have it

The lunch time is different too. They eat earlier than we Spaniards.

The ethnic Portuguese are the same as the Spanish or are darker as you said a few months ago in a thread?
    I talked about that in the first post.

We coincided in the hotel with two Italian tourists (mother and daughter): Both of them had light eyes. When I saw the mother I though was Spaniard.
    Also with a French couple: nothing Nordic in them, and again I though they were Spaniards. They were very different than the rest of German/British hosts.

The last day when we left the hotel (ie yesterday ) we met a group of Italian tourists with their guide and all of them looked Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by ÁGUIA View Post
    Porto has a visible African community although not to the extent you mentioned (not counting them btw ), Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, minor East Euros etc. In down-town is also true a considerable number of souvenir shops is owned by Bangladeshians, Indians, Pakistanis?! (never asked from where they are from), I think I've came across one or other NA.
    Well, we have come to the conclusion that they were Bangladeshians because many of their stores were called "Bangla 1", "Bangla 2", "Bangla 3", etc.
    90% of the souvenir stores were regented by them. Disgusting.

Also true the African community is indeed integrated as the remaining are as well on average.
    You just visited the historic part of the city judging by what you described, São Bento station is part of it as well. If you noticed usually some group of gypsies are there selling marijuana to tourists. How could they missed you CV?
    We did not see such people. Only some beggars here and there.

That is the hot spot of the city, the hub. Tourists from all over the world (out number locals btw), Erasmus students, immigrants and natives all converge there, giving a different life and movement and probably enhancing this multi-ethnic sensation of yours as well.
    Porto's dynamics changed significantly last 5 to 10 years (still the boss tho).
    It is difficult to find a city more touristic than Oporto. The amount of Spanish and overall, British/German/Scando tourists is incredible...

Glad you enjoyed it.
    We did it. It overcomed our expectations by far.

Some months ago a Spanish girl tried to hump the most sexy man in the city.
    [spoiler]
    haha, that statue is in the Avenue of Aliados, true? near a beautiful McDonalds. I have read it is the most beautiful McDonalds in the world, and really is very elegant and nice... and Nazi-looking

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Portugal looks amazing. Thanks do sharing. Fantastic architecture.
    Oporto is fantastic, I recommend it strongly.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You said that Porto was too touristy, is there anything else that has caught your attention in that city?

The British tourists that visited Portugal are different from the British that go to Spain as for example the style magaluf, ibiza, andalucia, mallorca? Lily said that the most rude Britons only tend to visit the south of Europe.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,948

0 Not allowed!

You said that Porto was too touristy, is there anything else that has caught your attention in that city?
    Usually I dont visit super-touristic places. I avoid it. This time in Oporto I noticed there were policemen in maaany points of the city, which is logic. But for example, there were a couple of cops in the door of the Hard Rock Coffee

The amount of British-German-Scando tourists is not normal. There are thousands of them.
    The city is uber-oriented toward tourism. Massification in many famous points of the city is tremendous (Lello bookstore, Tower of Clérigos, Ribeira district to take a cruise, some restaurants (where you have to wait your turn a long while), the tramways...

Also, the state of the most of buildings of the Ribeira district is striking: On one hand they are beautiful, colorful and appealing and on the other hand their state is ruinous (due their age).

But as I have said already, one of the things that more caught my attention is the level of integration of blacks/mulatos in the Oporto society.

The British tourists that visited Portugal are different from the British that go to Spain as for example the style magaluf, ibiza, andalucia, mallorca? Lily said that the most rude Britons only tend to visit the south of Europe.
    My hotel was full of British tourists. Most of them were 55 years old onwards. They seemed retired people. Quite peaceful. Nothing to do with young-medium British that come to Spain and that are total retarded.

Same with the rest of British that we saw across the city.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Usually I dont visit super-touristic places. I avoid it. This time in Oporto I noticed there were policemen in maaany points of the city, which is logic. But for example, there were a couple of cops in the door of the Hard Rock Coffee

The amount of British-German-Scando tourists is not normal. There are thousands of them.
    The city is uber-oriented toward tourism. Massification in many famous points of the city is tremendous (Lello bookstore, Tower of Clérigos, Ribeira district to take a cruise, some restaurants (where you have to wait your turn a long while), the tramways...

Also, the state of the most of buildings of the Ribeira district is striking: On one hand they are beautiful, colorful and appealing and on the other hand their state is ruinous (due their age).

But as I have said already, one of the things that more caught my attention is the level of integration of blacks/mulatos in the Oporto society.

My hotel was full of British tourists. Most of them were 55 years old onwards. They seemed retired people. Quite peaceful. Nothing to do with young-medium British that come to Spain and that are total retarded.

Same with the rest of British that we saw across the city.
    See the level of integration of blacks in Portugal and compare them with other pasies such as France, United Kingdom, Belgium and your country is to see how solidary was the Portuguese Empire with its colonies.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information