Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    There's a rumour that EU would not have money enough (without crushing itself and Euro) to rescue Spain as they recently did with Ireland or Greece.

Anycase situation at Spain is worse you could imagine. It's difficult to summarize it on few words, but, as Portugal or Greece never went too much high, Spain (in wrong ways) did (Government dared to say just 3 years ago we're to reaching Italy or France), so fall will be historical.
    I meant in a national sense. The old order of politics is collapsing around the world. Even the once-might U.S.A. is teetering on the brink.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    HispanoRoman-IberoAquitanian-Suevian
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Autocrat and Antiglobalization Traditionalist
    Religion
    Roman-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zadosus View Post
    Why is unemployment so high in Spain?
    There're many factors.

1) At youngers is sometimes a matter of good parent's income -including retirement subsidies, some really good (f.e. both of my parents earn monthly 700 euros more than me)- and household so youth live very comfortable. The point is that retirement Spanish systems is completelly unsustainable.

2) Related to first, is that Spanish youth (high and middle classes specially) are much fond of study (dont care much or little) for decades instead of labour, specially when they decide to prepare the exams of public service (a friend of mine doing so didnot work till 36). Talking about myself, I didnot ever consider got a summer job to pay my teenager wastes, I regarded American ways on it (newspaper distribution...) as really bizarre..

3) Inmigrants and other workers suffer a great crisis at sectors like building. Many got fired, others entered black economy, which, at Spain, is specially desirable as could give workers great social benefits (f.e. homes at half cost)

3) People simply dont like to emigrate outside Spain. Many prefer to stick on situations above.

All summed up form a very strange situation which simply has lasted too much time.

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    basque
    Ethnicity
    basque , 25% castilian
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,586

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    There're many factors.

1) At youngers is sometimes a matter of good parent's income -including retirement subsidies, some really good (f.e. both of my parents earn monthly 700 euros more than me)- and household so youth live very comfortable. The point is that retirement Spanish systems is completelly unsustainable.

2) Related to first, is that Spanish youth (high and middle classes specially) are much fond of study (dont care much or little) for decades instead of labour, specially when they decide to prepare the exams of public service (a friend of mine doing so didnot work till 36). Talking about myself, I didnot ever consider got a summer job to pay my teenager wastes, I regarded American ways on it (newspaper distribution...) as really bizarre..

3) Inmigrants and other workers suffer a great crisis at sectors like building. Many got fired, others entered black economy, which, at Spain, is specially desirable as could give workers great social benefits (f.e. homes at half cost)

3) People simply dont like to emigrate outside Spain. Many prefer to stick on situations above.

All summed up form a very strange situation which simply has lasted too much time.
    Spain has had high unployment always. It is nothing actual. I have lived in eighties with Felipe Gonzalez ( Mister X) ,and we had an umployment of 25%.We dont have industries ,apart from tourism. Only when we were very cheap workers during franquist era, we had work. But when Spain became a "democracy" , we werent so cheap for foreign multinationals, and we lost most of the few industry that we had.

On the other hand, you are righ that spaniards dont emigrate in big amounts. Ecuador dont have big unemployment because they have delivered all their population to Spain. Spaniard are rational people that dont go to foreign countries asking to mantain them.

There are some regions like Andalucia where people receive public money the whole year only for working one month in the recolection. The rest of the year they arent working , or they are working illegally. Their unemployment rate is false.

Finally, we are more hard calculating unemployment % in Spain than in southamerican countries. Using our methods, many southamerican countries would have an unemployment of 50% , because we consider as unemployed, people that are working illegally, while in South America , they count them as employed. We have millions of southamericans here, and they are very hapy. They live better here unemployed that in their countries employed , but I also think that there arent more jobs in their countries than in Spain.

My Countship is not of this world Comte Arnau's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-18-2015 @ 02:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European (Romanic)
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Ancestry
    Pyrenean
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Catalunya
    Taxonomy
    W/S Europid
    Politics
    Sovereigntism
    Religion
    Cult to Pyrene
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,755
    Given: 1,407

0 Not allowed!

You forget to add that many non-employed people are actually working. Under-the-table economy is high and it's what has made that crisis hasn't affected the average Spaniard as much as it could have been expected from the unemployment rates.
    < La Catalogne peut se passer de l'univers entier, et ses voisins ne peuvent se passer d'elle. > Voltaire

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-11-2022 @ 10:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Arnau View Post
    You forget to add that many non-employed people are actually working. Under-the-table economy is high and it's what has made that crisis hasn't affected the average Spaniard as much as it could have been expected from the unemployment rates.
    If the unemployment rate was true the country would be already in civil war and you could see people almost starving in the streets

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    basque
    Ethnicity
    basque , 25% castilian
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, but Spain isnt a third world country , where most of his population works without contract illegally. Most of the spaniards works legally when they are working. Only southamerican inmigrants work illegally in big amounts. The reason that people dont protest is because we are controlled by PSOE comunication medias, and their sindicates. We are under their dictatorial rule. Nobody protested with Franco, and nobody protest against PP-PSOE. I would like that spaniards were like people from other countries that protest, but in Spain protesters are bad seen , and there are only masive protests if PP-PSOE promote them.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    basque
    Ethnicity
    basque , 25% castilian
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Falkata View Post
    If the unemployment rate was true the country would be already in civil war and you could see people almost starving in the streets
    You overrate spaniard combativity. Spaniard are sleeping people and actually PSOE-PP lovers.

Last Online
    09-17-2023 @ 02:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Lithuanian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 911
    Given: 1,954

0 Not allowed!

Permit to work is just another tax. It restricts freedoms of workers. Because of these reasons, it is unfavorable to workers.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    HispanoRoman-IberoAquitanian-Suevian
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Autocrat and Antiglobalization Traditionalist
    Religion
    Roman-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 29

0 Not allowed!

That would be OK if not were for the oversized state (of autonomies) we all have to maintain. In fact it would be right if not were because black economy workers and companies resort to that state they're not paying for. In fact, due to the socialdemocratic pest pervading all our majoritarian parties, they suck great benefits due to their fake jobless condition, f.e. in the form of public home.

My rejection of socialdemocratic system is so extreme that, in my opinion, even primary education (beyond maybe two or three years or orphanity cases) should be reasonabely taxed.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Español
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,531
    Given: 4,798

0 Not allowed!

Well, it seems that we have not fallen as the original post says.
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information