Genealogy can be difficult to trace. Identifying where, exactly, one's ancestors originated is an ongoing project.

Would any from England be willing to offer their insights?

My family's surname apparently originated in the East of England, in either Essex or Suffolk County. It is an Anglo-Saxon name
that saw its first usage before the 8th century.

Genetically, the average Briton from the East of England is estimated to be 36.29% Anglo-Saxon, 17.46% Celtic, and 9.71% Scandinavian.

https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/i...sh-as-we-think

In comparison, I am 43.33% Anglo-Saxon, 6% Celtic, and 8% Scandinavian.

Of interest are the very low levels of Celtic ancestry, which are low even for this region of England, as it has the third lowest levels
of Celtic ancestry. It is superseded by East Midlands at 16%, and South East England with 17.09%.

Also of interest is the Scandinavian component, as it is entirely Swedish. This raises curiosity as the Swedes historically did not engage in much activity in that particular region of England, to my knowledge. It was for a time part of the Danelaw, however.

It could also have entered the family line entirely in America.

The Swedish established the colony of Nya Sverige (New Sweden) in the northeastern United States, which was subsequently
overtaken by the Dutch and annexed into Nieuw Nederland (New Netherland), which, in turn, was acquired by the English.

I also have more recent Roman (i.e. "Italian") ancestry than does the average Brit. That I know for a certainty occurred in the New World as opposed to the Old World.

As a question: is it very difficult to acquire emigration records in the United Kingdom? How far back in one's history can one feasibly go using genealogical records?

How far back have you been able to go?