European
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,756
    Given: 8,726

0 Not allowed!

Default question on baseball

I enjoy watching video about good sport moment on youtube. Sometimes they show some baseball and I don't get the rules.

Why sometimes a guy catch the ball and directly stop the game? And sometimes he tries to pass the ball to a guy to eliminate the bat?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

2 Not allowed!

The player who caught the ball, was it an "out". Sometimes it is an out and sometimes not. Usually the player gets the ball back to the pitcher, unless it is the 3rd out of an inning. Then the other team gets to bat.

And sometimes he tries to pass the ball to a guy to eliminate the bat? Not sure what this means?

Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If it's an "out", the guy who catch the ball don't need to throw it too soomeone to eliminate the guy at the bat?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehan View Post
    If it's an "out", the guy who catch the ball don't need to throw it too soomeone to eliminate the guy at the bat?
    If a player catches a hit ball, that does not hit the ground, it is an out. If a hit ball falls into the field of play, then the player tries to throw the ball to a base or home plate so that another player can tag the runner before the runner safely reaches a base or home plate.

As long as there is 2 outs or less in an inning the pitcher will continue to pitch to a batter, until the 3rd out is recorded. Baseball is a good sport.
    It is almost impossible to make it to the Major League if you start playing the sport later like 16 or older. Probably every major league player started playing very young, like 5-9 years old. I have seen plenty of American Football and Basketball professional players that started playing their sport later like 16-17-18 etc.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

At baseball, does the players in defense, also play in attack at their turn?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,860
    Given: 18,268

0 Not allowed!

I'm not sure I understand your question but I think if you watch enough baseball all this stuff will make sense. I'm old school and like to listen to baseball broadcasts on the radio while I'm doing other stuff. They are more descriptive on the radio so that might be a good way for you to learn. Would you need it in French language?

Quote Originally Posted by KMack View Post
    If a player catches a hit ball, that does not hit the ground, it is an out. If a hit ball falls into the field of play, then the player tries to throw the ball to a base or home plate so that another player can tag the runner before the runner safely reaches a base or home plate.

As long as there is 2 outs or less in an inning the pitcher will continue to pitch to a batter, until the 3rd out is recorded. Baseball is a good sport.
    It is almost impossible to make it to the Major League if you start playing the sport later like 16 or older. Probably every major league player started playing very young, like 5-9 years old. I have seen plenty of American Football and Basketball professional players that started playing their sport later like 16-17-18 etc.
    True, when I was a kid we really only played little league in the spring, now they play in year-round leagues. They get way more training than we did. It actually ends up costing a lot of money now with all the fees, equipment, and travel.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I think what you are asking is that do the same players play defense and offense, that answer is yes. In the American League there is
    on exception. They have a designated batter rule. This player does not play defense and he usually hits or bats in place of the Pitcher.
    Baseball is also a sport where the defense control the ball, not the offense. Very unusual.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question but I think if you watch enough baseball all this stuff will make sense. I'm old school and like to listen to baseball broadcasts on the radio while I'm doing other stuff. They are more descriptive on the radio so that might be a good way for you to learn. Would you need it in French language?

True, when I was a kid we really only played little league in the spring, now they play in year-round leagues. They get way more training than we did. It actually ends up costing a lot of money now with all the fees, equipment, and travel.
    Even up North I think there is Fall Baseball now.

Thread Information