Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,121
    Given: 11,131

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    Ok what point are you trying to make here? Sure Ashkenazi Jews have 42% Southern European DNA and thus they're pretty much half European, does that mean they're not Semitic? We cluster with the "Bottom Line" of the European cluster, with Scillians and Greek Islanders. This is because they are not purely European and neither are we, Ashkenazi still have large portions of the Ancient Semitic DNA, no matter if we typically just look Italian or Greek, many of us still look completely Levantine. What point are you trying to make here?
    Just pointing out the facts. Ashkenazi Jews are far from being pure Semites. They're closer to Sicilians/Greeks than Levantines. Yes, I realize those groups have Middle Eastern ancestry as well, but portraying Jews as genetic brothers to Palestinians or whatever is simply not accurate.

Senior Member Grand Admiral Thrawn's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-10-2021 @ 07:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic + Germanic + Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi, Anglo and Celtic
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Authoritarian Conservative
    Hero
    Anakin Skywalker, Daredevil and Batman
    Religion
    Agnotism
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 341
    Given: 1,207

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Ashkenazim also have significant German and French DNA. This is where they got light eyes and hair from. In New York 42% of Jews have light eyes which is higher than any South European group.
    Do you have a source for this? Because we don't have significant German or French DNA, we have minor Slavic and Germanic DNA that came in through some intermarriage, which is still minor at best.
    I can already send you a source that disproves that already. And let me remind you that minor intermarriage can alter certain aspects of Phenotype, the vast majority of Ashkenazi have darker features, regardless of many Ashkenazi having lighter features. Most Ashkenazi have "Jewish" features, such as Darker hair, sometimes curly, darker eyes, although sometimes hazel. Skin tones that can range from rather light to darker and semitic or west asian features such as Armenoid noses. This is why the Nazis were abled to create pseudo-science propaganda about all the Jews they captured or what a "Jew" looks like, because we look different from other Europeans. I'm only half Jew (ashkenazi) and I've been told I look straight out of the middle east.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnotism
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Just pointing out the facts. Ashkenazi Jews are far from being pure Semites. They're closer to Sicilians/Greeks than Levantines. Yes, I realize those groups have Middle Eastern ancestry as well, but portraying Jews as genetic brothers to Palestinians or whatever is simply not accurate.
    I never said we were pure Levantines, but we are at least Half or a Quarter and we still inherit the DNA.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is why the Nazis were abled to create pseudo-science propaganda about all the Jews they captured or what a "Jew" looks like
    Yeah, and they also needed them to wear yellow stars to identify themselves.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I never said we were pure Levantines, but we are at least Half or a Quarter and we still inherit the DNA.
    I wasn't saying otherwise. Jews are around half Levantine and half European give or take a little, but a lot of Jews like to portray themselves as pure ancient Hebrews which is just propaganda.

Last Online
    05-18-2021 @ 07:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Northern Euboea
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,448
    Given: 668

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Southern Europeans have more Neolithic ancestry than Northerners which has nothing to do with modern middle easterners. These things have been discussed numerous times here but you keep being ignorant like most Americans.
    https://i.imgur.com/kCivWcA.jpg

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

1 Not allowed!

Do you have a source for this? Because we don't have significant German or French DNA, we have minor Slavic and Germanic DNA that came in through some intermarriage, which is still minor at best.
    I can already send you a source that disproves that already. And let me remind you that minor intermarriage can alter certain aspects of Phenotype, the vast majority of Ashkenazi have darker features, regardless of many Ashkenazi having lighter features. Most Ashkenazi have "Jewish" features, such as Darker hair, sometimes curly, darker eyes, although sometimes hazel. Skin tones that can range from rather light to darker and semitic or west asian features such as Armenoid noses. This is why the Nazis were abled to create pseudo-science propaganda about all the Jews they captured or what a "Jew" looks like, because we look different from other Europeans. I'm only half Jew (ashkenazi) and I've been told I look straight out of the middle east.

The vast majority of Ashkenazim do not have dark features. Only slightly more than half do. 44% of American Jews have light eyes and 17% have light hair, which is MUCH more than South European countries like Greece

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnotism
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakis View Post
    Southern Europeans have more Neolithic ancestry than Northerners which has nothing to do with modern middle easterners. These things have been discussed numerous times here but you keep being ignorant like most Americans.
    I think you misunderstand me, Southern Europeans have more of the Ancient Neolithic Early European Farmer DNA which appeared like around 10,000 years ago. Those Ancient Early West Asian or Neolithic Farmers, actually looked pretty European and had very light skin. Afterall they brought the gene for light skin into Europe where as Western European Hunter Gatherers had Dark Brown or Black skin with Blue eyes and Yamnaya or Steppe people had Blonde hair, brown eyes and rather dark complexion. Europeans are an amalgamation of those peoples and all have the shared DNA, this is why all Europeans have a similar appearance or you can usually identify when someone is European regardless of hair colour, eye colour and what not.

Where is the West Asian DNA that we have is more recent and West Asians do not resemble Southern Europeans at all, due to them having completely different genetic components to Europeans. And Scillians have more "recent" non-euro admixture which has nothing to do with the Neolithic Farmers. That's what I'm saying.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnotism
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    The vast majority of Ashkenazim do not have dark features. Only slightly more than half do. 44% of American Jews have light eyes and 17% have light hair, which is MUCH more than South European countries like Greece

Do you do Maths? 44% is not the majority, 44% is a lot yes but it's not the majority. So no Ashkenazi mostly have darker features lmfao

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakis View Post
    Southern Europeans clearly have post-Neolithic Middle Eastern ancestry and in the case of Iberians and Sicilians, some North African ancestry too. You're the ignorant one since you apparently didn't read the 2019 Roman study explaining all of this.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information