Bulgarian with a whiff of Greek
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,414
    Given: 571

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    ^ Do you think the people mentioned by Novi Pazar are of Serb descent or Macedonians that named their children like that?
    They are Macedonians who are victims of the Serbian idea.

I don't know from which period these statistics are, but since the end of the 19th century Serbia gives loads of money to spread its propaganda in Macedonia. Their main target was Northern and Western Macedonia because it was closer and easier for them. Why there aren't any Srbin or Srbinovo or whatsoever in Eagean Macedonia for example?

Staro Nagorichane was described as 100% Bulgarian village by many foreign travellers. One of the emperors of the Bulgarian empire is even buried in the so-called Serbian church.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke View Post
    They are Macedonians who are victims of the Serbian idea.

I don't know from which period these statistics are, but since the end of the 19th century Serbia gives loads of money to spread its propaganda in Macedonia. Their main target was Northern and Western Macedonia because it was closer and easier for them. Why there aren't any Srbin or Srbinovo or whatsoever in Eagean Macedonia for example?

Staro Nagorichane was described as 100% Bulgarian village by many foreign travellers. One of the emperors of the Bulgarian empire is even buried in the so-called Serbian church.
    Hahaaaa, keep dreaming boy.
    Name Srbin and village Srbinovo are older than 19th century.
    Serbian cultural and historical heritage is richer in Macedonia than Bulgarian one.
    Curch of Saint Nicetas was founded by Serbian king Milutin in early 14th century https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church...cetas,_Banjane
    Church og Saint George was founded by Serbian king Milutin in early 14th century https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church...agoričane
    Monastery Lesnovo was founded by Serbian nobleman Jovan Oliver in 1341 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesnovo_monastery
    Markov Manastir founded by Serbian king Vukašin in 1346 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marko%27s_Monastery

Some other Serbian churches and monasteries in Macedonia:
    - Churches of St. Bogorodicva Trojeručica, St. Georgije, St. Konstantin and St. Jovan Preteča in Skopje founded by Serbian king Milutin
    - Church of St. Spas in Skopje founded by Serbian tsar Dušan
    - Monastery of St. Arhanglel in Prilep founded by Serbian king Vukašin
    - Monastery Pirog near Zletovo and monastery St. Joakim Osogovski founded by Serbian nobleman Konstantin Dragaš in the second half of 14th century
    - Monastery St. Arhangel near Štip founded by Serbian nobleman Hrelja in 14th century

And many others....

Most of Orthodox heritage in Macedonia is Byzantine and Serbian.

Btw I have a blood of Serbian noble family Dejanović-Dragaš which ruled in Macedonia and weastern Bulgaria in the time of tsar Dušan and later https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejanović_noble_family
    Last edited by Pribislav; 09-29-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,604

1 Not allowed!

I've already explained you about your question in another thread but as you are an annoying troll, you keep repeating as a parrot.
    That surname "Srbinovski", is a very rare surname and in the particular region where I come from is non existent.
    That surname only exist in some northern parts of Macedonia.
    The very existent of that surname should tell you that has nothing to do with Macedonians and is existing in the first place to denote people with foreign ancestry, in this case Serbian one, but in many cases also denotes "Srbomani", people who don't have Serbian ancestry but their ancestors were pro-Serbian.
    When it comes to particular surnames denoting nationhood than surnames like "Arnaudov" or "Vlahov" are far more familiar in Macedonia than "Srbinovski".
    Our famous folk singer Goce Arnaudov, is one example.
    The leftist VMRO member Dimitar Vlahov is another example.
    I even have cousins bearing the surname "Arnaudov" which surname probably originates from ancestor who migrated from Albania and not necessarily denotes Albanian ancestry.
    Bulgarian writer D. Yavorov had written a book about these migrants from Albania who were mostly Macedonians and Bulgarians and who had established many villages in both Macedonia and Bulgaria.
    We even have surnames like Grcev or Grcevski, the Macedonian architect Miroslav Grcev for example.
    You see how easily this fart of logical thinking of yours was debunked?
    Constantly repeating the same lie over and over again, won't become a truth as not all people are intellectually deficient as you.
    But let's remind ourselves of Dobrica Cosic, the Serbian writer who was brave enough to write about one particularly skillful trait of the Serbian people:

That being said, I feel no need to waste my time on you and fuel your logical fallacy ops farting even more.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Australia
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterrean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 846

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke View Post
    SOutheastern Slavs just dont have the tradition to have names the same as their ethnicity. Actually I dont know any other nation in the world that does that except Southwestern Slavs. Which is absolutely dumb tradition in my opinion.

These people are just uneducated villagers who fell under Serbian propaganda. They named their children Srbin in order to emphasize their foreign affiliation.
    Ah no Archduke, in all Serbian regions this was a natural phenomenon. There was nil Serbian propaganda here, Ottomans did note it from top to bottom throughout Macedonia during their 'rule'. Wasn't Macedonians murdered for even having a Slava during the Bulgarian Exarchos?

Please don't be sloppy when using the term propaganda.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Australia
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterrean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 846

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    I've already explained you about your question in another thread but as you are an annoying troll, you keep repeating as a parrot.
    That surname "Srbinovski", is a very rare surname and in the particular region where I come from is non existent.
    That surname only exist in some northern parts of Macedonia.
    The very existent of that surname should tell you that has nothing to do with Macedonians and is existing in the first place to denote people with foreign ancestry, in this case Serbian one, but in many cases also denotes "Srbomani", people who don't have Serbian ancestry but their ancestors were pro-Serbian.
    When it comes to particular surnames denoting nationhood than surnames like "Arnaudov" or "Vlahov" are far more familiar in Macedonia than "Srbinovski".
    Our famous folk singer Goce Arnaudov, is one example.
    The leftist VMRO member Dimitar Vlahov is another example.
    I even have cousins bearing the surname "Arnaudov" which surname probably originates from ancestor who migrated from Albania and not necessarily denotes Albanian ancestry.
    Bulgarian writer D. Yavorov had written a book about these migrants from Albania who were mostly Macedonians and Bulgarians and who had established many villages in both Macedonia and Bulgaria.
    We even have surnames like Grcev or Grcevski, the Macedonian architect Miroslav Grcev for example.
    You see how easily this fart of logical thinking of yours was debunked?
    Constantly repeating the same lie over and over again, won't become a truth as not all people are intellectually deficient as you.
    But let's remind ourselves of Dobrica Cosic, the Serbian writer who was brave enough to write about one particularly skillful trait of the Serbian people:

That being said, I feel no need to waste my time on you and fuel your logical fallacy ops farting even more.
    First names Aspar, we are NOT talking about second names! Can you read? I guess you cannot, don't blame you for getting an education at the Arnaut Dinner Table Academy! This phenomenon, noted by the Ottomans was seen throughout entire Macedonia, not North, as some like simpletons here (Aspar) will propagate!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MiloshN View Post

I was in Ohrid (Beautiful place) a couple of years ago, only worries that I have heard Albanian more often than Macedonian ...
    Don't forget Ohrid is a Tourist town yeah? And it's close to Albania. Ohrid is 80% Macedonian populated.

When i was in Ohrid last i heard a mix of languages. All obviously tourists.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MiloshN View Post
    Logic. Now the Macedonians will give children names "Greek"
    The name Srbin is no big deal. I asked my Grandparents and they had a guy in their village named Srbin. But he Was Macedonian. There are surnames like Srbinov and Srbinovski. But also names like Grchev (??Greek??), Vlahov (??Vlach??) and Arnaudov (??Albanian??).

I've also heard of a name Dojchinov (????GERMAN????)

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,604

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vojnik View Post
    The name Srbin is no big deal. I asked my Grandparents and they had a guy in their village named Srbin. But he Was Macedonian. There are surnames like Srbinov and Srbinovski. But also names like Grchev (??Greek??), Vlahov (??Vlach??) and Arnaudov (??Albanian??).

I've also heard of a name Dojchinov (????GERMAN????)
    Of course, have you heard about Bolen Dojchin(Sick Dojchin), the folk hero who was sang in many songs in our folk?

The surname Dojchinov is also present in the region where I come from and I know a guy with that surname from my home town.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

edit

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    Of course, have you heard about Bolen Dojchin(Sick Dojchin), the folk hero who was sang in many songs in our folk?

The surname Dojchinov is also present in the region where I come from and I know a guy with that surname from my home town.
    Macedonians are now German bro. Cheers! Nazdravje! Prost!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information