Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan559 View Post
    You dont know history of that region (Debarca). There was never serbian schools and serbian cetniks in that region. Also full region was under bulgarian church and schools, also full region was part of VMRO.
    That name say nothing about identity of people.
    Also a lot of people in Debarca and Macedonia with names like Grkina, Makedonka, Ruse, German.
    Really!?
    Why some Mecedonians would be give name to their children which is related with Serbian ethnonym if they were unrelated with Serbs?? For the joke?

Last Online
    08-14-2021 @ 09:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

In the past people from Serbia come to Macedonia, and mixed with local macedonians. That is how we have that name.

Also people from Greece migrated in Macedonia, and we have woman name like Grkina.

That is from my opinion for the names.

If i believe what you say, serbs have a lot of non serbian origin, a big number of serbs have surnames like Arnautovic, Grkovic, Vlahovic, Bugarcic/Bugarski, Bosnjak, Horvat.

Why people in Debarca never went and built serbian churches and schools in 19 and 20 century if they are serbs only because of the name Srbin?

Also why there was never serbian cetnici and cheti in that region? but they was part of bigest enemies of serbian cetniks, VMRO.

As I said in Debarca, in the past we have a lot people with name Srbin and Grkina.

This name in the past have only macedonians from western and south macedonia. But no in the north part of country (skopska crna gora, kumanovsko, small part of Tetovo region), where we have a people who have serbs identity. And also this name don't have serbs from Serbia, Crna Gora, Bosna, Kosovo.

That is reason why i say, name don't say anything about identity of people. If we have one ancestor from Serbia or Greece, that don't say that we are serbs or greeks.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

In the past people from Serbia come to Macedonia, and mixed with local macedonians. That is how we have that name.

Also people from Greece migrated in Macedonia, and we have woman name like Grkina.

That is from my opinion for the names.

If i believe what you say, serbs have a lot of non serbian origin, a big number of serbs have surnames like Arnautovic, Grkovic, Vlahovic, Bugarcic/Bugarski, Bosnjak, Horvat.

Why people in Debarca never went and built serbian churches and schools in 19 and 20 century if they are serbs only because of the name Srbin?

Also why there was never serbian cetnici and cheti in that region? but they was part of bigest enemies of serbian cetniks, VMRO.

As I said in Debarca, in the past we have a lot people with name Srbin and Grkina.

This name in the past have only macedonians from western and south macedonia. But no in the north part of country (skopska crna gora, kumanovsko, small part of Tetovo region), where we have a people who have serbs identity. And also this name don't have serbs from Serbia, Crna Gora, Bosna, Kosovo.

That is reason why i say, name don't say anything about identity of people. If we have one ancestor from Serbia or Greece, that don't say that we are serbs or greeks.
    Ethnic related Serbian surnames:
    - Rusić (from Rus - Russian)
    - Ugrinić, Ugrinović, Ugričić (from Ugrin - Hungarian)
    - Horvat (old name for Croatian)
    - Madžarević (from Madžar - Hungarian)
    - Vlahović (from Vlah/Vlach)
    - Grkinić, Grčić, Grković (from Grk - Greek)
    - Švabić (from Švabo/Švaba - Swabian)
    - Bugarski, Bugarin, Bugarčić (from Bugarin/Bulgarian)
    - Arnaut, Arnautović (Arnaut is Albanian)
    - Talijan (means Italian)
    - Bošnjak, Bošnjaković, Bosančić, Bosnić (from inhabitants of Bosnia, not Bosniaks as ethnos that was created in 1993)
    - Španović (Španac is Spaniard in Serbian, but also can be from mediaval Španje tribe in Montenegro)
    - Poljak (Poljak is Pole in Serbian, but surname came from same word for field keeper)
    - Tatarov, Tatarović (from Tatar)
    - Obrić (Obri is second name for Avars)
    - Kranjac (Carniolian)

Surnames were created on various ways, most of Serbs with these surnames are unrelated with ethnicities on which they refer.

Horvat is from geographical origin, by ancestors who lived in central Croatia.
    Arnaut is character feature. Serbs from Dalmatia with surname Arnaut are R1a-M458>L1029 and Serbs from Livno (SW Bosnia) with that surname are N-P189.2, both are unrelated with Albanians.
    Vlahović Serbs from Montenegro carry Slavic y dna I2a.
    Some Grkovići Serbs are I2-PH908, Slavic haplo.
    Last edited by Pribislav; 04-04-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

According to dna results, we Macedonians are not related with Serbs from Dalmatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Vojvodina. But we are close with Serbs from Kosovo and South Serbia (from Nis to Vranje).

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité
    Last Online
    08-24-2021 @ 02:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 36

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Hahahaa, name Srbin in Macedonia probably fell from the sky.

Srbin means Serb on Serbian language. If name Srbin in Macedonia was not related with Serbian ethnonym, I would like to know what is origin of that name?
    By the same token the Serbs are not Serbs since nobody is called Srbin.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

According to dna results, we Macedonians are not related with Serbs from Dalmatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Vojvodina. But we are close with Serbs from Kosovo and South Serbia (from Nis to Vranje).
    That could be the case for the majority of Macedonians.
    In my case one branch (accordant tho the DNA results of Acestry) comes from Northern Italy trough Croatia and Bosnia (I was told that one of my ancestors moved from Slovenia in Macedonia but I don't know when) and the other from South Greece up to Debrca but not further to the North. I belie the first one is responsible for my Slavic and the second one for my Balkan %.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaArgus1 View Post
    That could be the case for the majority of Macedonians.
    In my case one branch (accordant tho the DNA results of Acestry) comes from Northern Italy trough Croatia and Bosnia (I was told that one of my ancestors moved from Slovenia in Macedonia but I don't know when) and the other from South Greece up to Debrca but not further to the North. I belie the first one is responsible for my Slavic and the second one for my Balkan %.
    Можно е тоа што викаш. Али многу, многу малку Македонци имаат поврзаност со тоа население.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Можно е тоа што викаш. Али многу, многу малку Македонци имаат поврзаност со тоа население.
    Most likely so. To say more about me. Asking parents and relatives I wanted to relate the DNA results with what I was told. One part of the extensive family came form Orashac a village in Kumanovo region. I fact those from Orashac came from Debar at one stage in history which before that settled form Greece. Another one Jorganovci who were the first family in Laktinje moved from some part of Larisa. Another one from Slovenia I don't know when but one of his descendants named Pavel was killed (actually his head was cut off) by some militants because he was providing food for the comity. I assume that could be some rival pro Serbian or pro Bulgarian militants.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaArgus1 View Post
    Most likely so. To say more about me. Asking parents and relatives I wanted to relate the DNA results with what I was told. One part of the extensive family came form Orashac a village in Kumanovo region. I fact those from Orashac came from Debar at one stage in history which before that settled form Greece. Another one Jorganovci who were the first family in Laktinje moved from some part of Larisa. Another one from Slovenia I don't know when but one of his descendants named Pavel was killed (actually his head was cut off) by some militants because he was providing food for the comity. I assume that could be some rival pro Serbian or pro Bulgarian militants.
    All our ancestors came from difference place's. In Mramorec families come from Greece (that told me my grandfather) man and woman settled in the dolno maalo. I don't know when, Albania (Podgradec region), Serbia (Paracin region), Kicevo region (villages Tuin and Brzdani), Demir Hisar region (village Zeleznec), Zakamen (big city in the past, in Struga region), from village Trojani near Ohrid (doesnt exist from 19 century) and village Belce (between Slivovo and Mramorec, doesn't exist from 18 century).

In Vrbjani first families come from some places near Kukus (Kilkis) in Aegean Macedonia. very possible is that families Muratovci (ancestor with name Murat) and Kemalovci (ancestor with name Kemal) have muslim ancestor's. Family Vretovci settled from village Velgosti near Ohrid in 18 century. Patnikovci came from north part of country, some village near Tetovo. And in Tetovo region settled from village Zlesti in Debarca after Karpos rebellion. familiy Lokovci settled from village Lokov in Struga Malesia.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

All our ancestors came from difference place's. In Mramorec families come from Greece (that told me my grandfather) man and woman settled in the dolno maalo. I don't know when, Albania (Podgradec region), Serbia (Paracin region), Kicevo region (villages Tuin and Brzdani), Demir Hisar region (village Zeleznec), Zakamen (big city in the past, in Struga region), from village Trojani near Ohrid (doesnt exist from 19 century) and village Belce (between Slivovo and Mramorec, doesn't exist from 18 century).

In Vrbjani first families come from some places near Kukus (Kilkis) in Aegean Macedonia. very possible is that families Muratovci (ancestor with name Murat) and Kemalovci (ancestor with name Kemal) have muslim ancestor's. Family Vretovci settled from village Velgosti near Ohrid in 18 century. Patnikovci came from north part of country, some village near Tetovo. And in Tetovo region settled from village Zlesti in Debarca after Karpos rebellion. familiy Lokovci settled from village Lokov in Struga Malesia.
    Not to be expected but as per the facts appears that we are more related with Greeks than Serbs and particularly not with Bulgarians. I know that some people from Debrca moved to Bulgaria for work or security because of the Albanian and Turkish terror but I never heard that somebody from Bulgaria moved to Debrca or to entire Macedonia.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information