Hero
    Evola
    Religion
    Traditionalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,081
    Given: 56,859

1 Not allowed!

Ketosis is the result of the breakdown of fat... which results with ketone bodies as a product.

You will see it after your body's glycogen stores have been depleted. Which is your body's stored carbohydrates in your muscles and liver.

The depletion of glycogen results in weight loss... a good portion of that being water.

You can end up with a "metally" taste in your mouth with ketosis. I have done it and honestly I felt like shit. Going on runs while on a ketogenic diet left me with no energy.

Ketogenic diets were for cutting down on the amount of seizures some patients struggled with. Current trendy ketogenic diets are for cutting out excess carbs by first starting out severely low and slowly adding in carb sources as you progress.

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,532
    Given: 11,712

2 Not allowed!

For active people, you usually have to increase your protein and carb intake to make up for burning all that energy.

I didn’t run into the same problem, as I’m not as active.

Keto was originally developed for seizure patients. For me, because of the steady decrease in chronic pain and glucose levels, I feel fine with continuing with keto.

I will definitely look into the macrobiotic diet and hydrotherapy for sure.

Last Online
    06-16-2021 @ 02:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    New-World White
    Ancestry
    Western Europe
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Basically Alpine
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism Meets Animal Liberation
    Religion
    Agnostic Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 95

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneeye View Post
    Oh, many still are. Just yesterday I had some lady at the grocery store warn me about getting high cholesterol when I grabbed a carton of five dozen eggs and told her it was mostly all for myself. Only fitness people keep up on modern nutrition.

Carbohydrates have been bad though. They're important to your diet, but fact is that unhealthy food is mostly carbs. All these pastas, breads, desserts and snacks...
    I just want people to acknowledge the massive difference between complex carbs and junk-food carbs. Still waiting on that, though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oneeye View Post
    Ketosis is the result of the breakdown of fat... which results with ketone bodies as a product.

You will see it after your body's glycogen stores have been depleted. Which is your body's stored carbohydrates in your muscles and liver.

The depletion of glycogen results in weight loss... a good portion of that being water.

You can end up with a "metally" taste in your mouth with ketosis. I have done it and honestly I felt like shit. Going on runs while on a ketogenic diet left me with no energy.

Ketogenic diets were for cutting down on the amount of seizures some patients struggled with. Current trendy ketogenic diets are for cutting out excess carbs by first starting out severely low and slowly adding in carb sources as you progress.
    If it's possible for keto to be followed as part of a safe and healthy lifestyle, then there are at least a few caveats to be aware of. Keto flu, electrolytes, stuff like that.

Disclaimer to all: Like almost all people who get into discussions such as these, I am no doctor or dietician. So when I say things like "keto and fasting are the same thing," do take it with salt. I could be wrong.
    Dominion: Full Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I would provide semen but I wouldnt bang her. Maybe I would if you really want it but I doubt someone really wants that. I know I wouldnt want that but I would accept semen.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,815
    Given: 7,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by metalAphrodite View Post
    Disagree with the sentiments on keto, mainly because I have directly felt the benefits of being on it. .

What say you, friendly nuna. I'm thinking about having fat pork belly for lunch ( I love it ) but I'm trying to watch my figure lately.

Eating fat is the only thing making you fat: study

https://nypost.com/2018/07/17/eating...you-fat-study/

Eating fatty foods is the only cause of weight gain, not carbs, according to a new study.

Despite confusing and conflicting information in the past, scientists have been able to prove those extra inches have nothing to do with carbs or protein.

In a huge experiment, mice were fed varying diets over three months – the equivalent of nine human years.

They only piled on the pounds during the course of the fatty diets.

This is because the fatty food stimulated the reward centers in their brains.

Scientists from the University of Aberdeen and the Chinese Academy of Sciences undertook the largest study of its kind.

Since food consists of fat, protein and carbs, it has proven difficult to pinpoint exactly what aspect of the typical diet leads to weight gain.

Part of the problem is that it is very difficult to do studies on humans where what they eat is controlled for long enough periods to work out what are the most important factors.

But studies on animals that are similar to us can help point in the right direction.

The study, published in Cell Metabolism includes 30 different diets that vary in their fat, carbohydrate (sugar) and protein contents.

Professor John Speakman, who led the study, said: “The result of this enormous study was unequivocal – the only thing that made the mice get fat was eating more fat in their diets.

“Carbohydrates including up to 30 percent of calories coming from sugar had no effect. Combining sugar with fat had no more impact than fat alone.”

He added: “There was no evidence that low protein, down to 5 percent, stimulated greater intake, suggesting there is no protein target.”

And he said mice were ideal test subjects as they are similar to humans in the physiology and metabolism.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,108
    Given: 11,124

0 Not allowed!

Everything in moderation, that's really all the advice you need for a good diet.

Banned
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    Across Northern Europe with a sprinkle of Med
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,434
    Given: 5,952

0 Not allowed!

I keep carbs on the low-end, but not Keto levels. I eat a fairly protein rich diet and take a men’s multi vitamin so jam packed with B vitamins, my pee is neon yellow-green (Just B Saturation. The excess is easily shed). I also take Psyllium husk once a day, 15G. If someone wants to ease into weight loss, that stuff alone (heck the fiber alone) will drop some weight. People overcomplicate this.

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 01:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Russia
    mtDNA
    U1a3
    Religion
    Ateist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

0 Not allowed!

Do not go from extreme to extreme. But, the culture of a healthy diet certainly should be with a modern person.

El_Abominacion

0 Not allowed!

There's always going to be some negligible thing people blame.

Everything in moderation imo, asides from trans fats/processed foods. Those, you can do just fine without.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information