PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Which countries are most liked and disliked in your own country, by an average everyday citizen? - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Which countries are most liked and disliked in your own country, by an average everyday citizen?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh/Berber
    Ancestry
    Algeria
    Country
    Switzerland
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,943
    Given: 4,116

3 Not allowed!

I can't think of any population/countries more appreciated than average by French the "arrogant stereotype" might me true then... we have funny jokes/stereotypes about some of our neighbours due to past history... Francophone Belgians & Swiss are our "cousins" (but we have funny jokes about them too, this is how we show our love to them ). Mmm... maybe some Scandinavian countries are admired for their policies/lifestyle ? It's mostly about politics though. Outside Europe, Canadians, especially Quebécois are well appreciated & maybe Japanese.
    The most dislike, probably immigrants/descendants of immigrants from Muslim countries, especially North Africa followed very close by Black Africans. Roma people are in the list too.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    England is probably the most liked. One thing i've also noticed is that Americans in generals have a pretty positive view of France but I don't think they like us much.
    Yup French have an unpleasant image about Americans, they are associated with lots of bad stereotypes/cliches! but France is not the only one, many countries "dislike" the US, especially because of the international policy of the country, nonetheless, most of them are hypocrits because they are the first ones to be influenced by the American culture, trying to imitate them! the American dream defnitely still exists for many secretly

Last Online
    04-04-2024 @ 10:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,696
    Given: 3,673

1 Not allowed!

Most liked country in Greece is probably our little sister Cyprus,other counties that are popular ,Serbia(our ally in the Balkan Wars),Russia for people who like to talk about “Orthodox Brotherhoods”,Italy(because of their culture and the similar Mediterranean lifestyle),other than these countries, it depends on the individual and his/her personal experiences,preferences,tastes etc

Most hated counties are Turkey due to tensions in the Aegean Sea and Cyprus,and Fyrom because of the Macedonia name dispute.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,121
    Given: 11,131

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nittionia View Post
    Lol the France thing is true! I feel like they fake dislike us, but deep down they like us. Are you from the south? Because up where I live in NY people don't particularly like England. I feel like that'd be more of a southern affinity.

Where I live Italy is the most liked.
    Yes, I'm from Virginia.

Last Online
    04-04-2024 @ 10:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,696
    Given: 3,673

1 Not allowed!

An interesting case in Greece is Albania,the homeland of 700.000 economic immigrants who came after the collapse of communism in Albania in the 90s.

The polls show that the public opinion is divided on Albanians,with half of Greeks blaming them for the rise in crime after their arrival and ingratitude(there have been incidents with Albanians burning the Greek flag etc)and with the rest praising them for their hard work,smooth integration,population growth etc
    Last edited by Georgia; 10-07-2018 at 02:39 PM.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

4 Not allowed!

Why does average citizen opinion interest you ? They are sheeps, easily manipulated and idiots. And I know what they prefer, but that is laughable to us, Croatian nationalists.
    If you want to know what we prefer, I can tell you it is very different that what average person likes.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-24-2023 @ 12:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Home Counties of England, Northern Iberia, Southern Brazil
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,398
    Given: 1,472

5 Not allowed!

Brits generally like France, we like to crack jokes about them but that's because we feel a friendly rivalry with them, the more we like a country, the more we mercilessly mock them. Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the USA are obviously regarded as brother nations, with the latter being the more "exotic" one.

The Dutch and Scandinavians are almost universally liked, there's a natural scepticism towards the Germans due to their position in the EU, but they're liked and highly respected, more respected than any other country for that matter.

There frankly isn't a nation that we collectively hate, but we may have grievances towards their representative disaporas in our country, so Pakistan(is) are not very popular here, Bulgarians, Albanians, Romanians et al. are not held in high regard either, note: not the countries or the entiriety of their populace, just their immigrants.

Russia is not seen very positively because of our cancerous media, but people are becoming aware that whilst they're not saints, they're not evil boogeymen either.

Within the British Isles, everybody hates England, including England itself.
    Last edited by Marinus; 10-07-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

3 Not allowed!

For the USA it would be UK, Canada, Germany, France, Japan would be in the upper favorability rankings probably.
    Israel, Brazil, India, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Philippines, Switzerland, Hong Kong, S. Korea all favorable. Americans
    would surely love Kiwis and Aussies we just don't go there a lot so far away. A country like Mexico is mixed in that we
    have a lot of good Mexicans here but a major rift with illegal immigration, violent drug cartels. Americans would like a lot of
    the former USSR countries, but interaction and tourism historically low because of the cold war, but I would predict an uptick
    in tourism for Americans to countries like Poland.

Americans overwhelmingly like to visit, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Tier 1, Caribbean Dominican Rep, Jamaica for the beaches.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MsSPF View Post
    I can't think of any population/countries more appreciated than average by French the "arrogant stereotype" might me true then... we have funny jokes/stereotypes about some of our neighbours due to past history... Francophone Belgians & Swiss are our "cousins" (but we have funny jokes about them too, this is how we show our love to them ). Mmm... maybe some Scandinavian countries are admired for their policies/lifestyle ? It's mostly about politics though. Outside Europe, Canadians, especially Quebécois are well appreciated & maybe Japanese.
    The most dislike, probably immigrants/descendants of immigrants from Muslim countries, especially North Africa followed very close by Black Africans. Roma people are in the list too.

Yup French have an unpleasant image about Americans, they are associated with lots of bad stereotypes/cliches! but France is not the only one, many countries "dislike" the US, especially because of the international policy of the country, nonetheless, most of them are hypocrits because they are the first ones to be influenced by the American culture, trying to imitate them! the American dream defnitely still exists for many secretly

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MsSPF View Post

Belgians being stereotyped as 'slow'.

Last Online
    10-25-2021 @ 02:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lazo-Kartvelic
    Ethnicity
    Meskhian
    Ancestry
    Samtskhe-Saatabago
    Country
    Georgia
    Religion
    Paganism mixed with Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

I think majority of Christian countries.
    Especially of Europe.
    Ukraine in the first place.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information