Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Serbian epic poetry and gusle an instrument that accompanies epic poetry

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

1 Not allowed!

People should understand logic, if something is bring by Ottomans, that would not be accepted by Orthodox Serbs, especially not in first times of Ottomans rule. Example is Sevdalinka songs, today mostly sung by Bosniaks. I think I read somewhere for sargije instrument, it wasn't accepted by Serbs in Bosnia until last 100 years, someone could confirm this?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    People should understand logic, if something is bring by Ottomans, that would not be accepted by Orthodox Serbs, especially not in first times of Ottomans rule. Example is Sevdalinka songs, today mostly sung by Bosniaks. I think I read somewhere for sargije instrument, it wasn't accepted by Serbs in Bosnia until last 100 years, someone could confirm this?
    I only managed to find a Croatian source, but I assume it was similar for Serbs.
    Ušao je u tradiciju Bosne kao turski instrument koji su vjerojatno svirali bosanski janjičari. Tek koncem 19. stoljeća, propašću osmanske vlasti, šargiju počinju svirati i katolici, većinom na selima. Fra Grga Martić svjedoči da kršćani, u njegovo doba, šargiju nisu htjeli ni uzimati u ruke. Neposredno prije II. svjetskog rata počinje se uz šargiju koristiti i violina kao glazbena podloga uz pjevanje i igranje kola. U pojedinim mjestima, uz šargiju i violinu, često su glazbalo i dvojnice koje su svirali pastiri čuvajući blago.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,422
    Given: 1,638

0 Not allowed!

Ottomans bring in Herzegovina instrument on what later is based tamburica. Christian Bunjevci accept it well and spread this instrument on Pannonian regions.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vožd View Post
    Ottomans bring in Herzegovina instrument on what later is based tamburica. Christian Bunjevci accept it well and spread this instrument on Pannonian regions.
    Germans created accordion, very popular instrument today in Serbian music, so what? Origin of some instrument doesn't mean much. I'm writing here mainly about Serbian epic poetry and gusle is instrument in Serbian tradition that goes together with that.

See origin of stringed instruments, including violin, it is Central Asian so I believe gusle, as string instrument, are of the same origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violin

quote:

"The earliest stringed instruments were mostly plucked (for example, the Greek lyre). Two-stringed, bowed instruments, played upright and strung and bowed with horsehair, may have originated in the nomadic equestrian cultures of Central Asia, in forms closely resembling the modern-day Mongolian Morin huur and the Kazakh Kobyz. Similar and variant types were probably disseminated along East-West trading routes from Asia into the Middle East,[9][10] and the Byzantine Empire.[11][12]

The first makers of violins probably borrowed from various developments of the Byzantine lyra. These included the rebec,[13] the Arabic rebab (ربابة), the vielle (also known as the fidel or viuola) and the lira da braccio.[11][14] The violin in its present form emerged in early 16th-century northern Italy. The earliest pictures of violins, albeit with three strings, are seen in northern Italy around 1530, at around the same time as the words "violino" and "vyollon" are seen in Italian and French documents. One of the earliest explicit descriptions of the instrument, including its tuning, is from the Epitome musical by Jambe de Fer, published in Lyon in 1556.[15] By this time, the violin had already begun to spread throughout Europe. "

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

1 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,422
    Given: 1,638

1 Not allowed!

Germans created accordion, very popular instrument today in Serbian music, so what? Origin of some instrument doesn't mean much. I'm writing here mainly about Serbian epic poetry and gusle is instrument in Serbian tradition that goes together with that.

See origin of stringed instruments, including violin, it is Central Asian so I believe gusle, as string instrument, are of the same origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violin

quote:

"The earliest stringed instruments were mostly plucked (for example, the Greek lyre). Two-stringed, bowed instruments, played upright and strung and bowed with horsehair, may have originated in the nomadic equestrian cultures of Central Asia, in forms closely resembling the modern-day Mongolian Morin huur and the Kazakh Kobyz. Similar and variant types were probably disseminated along East-West trading routes from Asia into the Middle East,[9][10] and the Byzantine Empire.[11][12]

The first makers of violins probably borrowed from various developments of the Byzantine lyra. These included the rebec,[13] the Arabic rebab (ربابة), the vielle (also known as the fidel or viuola) and the lira da braccio.[11][14] The violin in its present form emerged in early 16th-century northern Italy. The earliest pictures of violins, albeit with three strings, are seen in northern Italy around 1530, at around the same time as the words "violino" and "vyollon" are seen in Italian and French documents. One of the earliest explicit descriptions of the instrument, including its tuning, is from the Epitome musical by Jambe de Fer, published in Lyon in 1556.[15] By this time, the violin had already begun to spread throughout Europe. "
    Agreed its not matter, just answering.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246