American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    Pretty much that, but Americans should imo tone down whenever it comes to Marx, same with trotskism, most of trotskist parties leaders are in fact neo-trotskist in service of neo-liberalism and are members of secret societies, the irony is that Trotsky was the vigorously anti-freemasonry.
    If we want to debate politics, we should renew the political terms if we want to escape political correctness and not fall in the globalist new-left dialectic.
    If more people studied the history of these ideologies (and I include myself in that statement), the terminology would straighten itself out. I do try not to use "liberalism" in reference to leftism, though. Everybody here does, of course, so the habit dies hard.

And whether Marxism has evolved or not since Marx's lifetime, I disagree profoundly with the man from what I've read.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,029
    Given: 10,292

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    So you make an exception for people like you?
    No, I make a small exception for people with disabilities. That would include a very small segment of the population who cannot work full time. If we just did away with it, we'd have more homeless filth on the street and trash and litter. It actually keeps us from becoming a 3rd world country, with extremely rich and extremely poor and no middle class.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    No, I make a small exception for people with disabilities. That would include a very small segment of the population who cannot work full time. If we just did away with it, we'd have more homeless filth on the street and trash and litter. It actually keeps us from becoming a 3rd world country, with extremely rich and extremely poor and no middle class.
    Did you get the Supreme Court threads I sent you?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Did you get the Supreme Court threads I sent you?
    Yes Sir.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,156
    Given: 2,162

0 Not allowed!

I don't support gay "rights". I don't support a welfare state. It's okay to have a mild safety net for the disabled.
    This is partly what fits you...

Progressive conservatism incorporates progressive policies alongside conservative policies. It stresses the importance of a social safety net to deal with poverty, support of limited redistribution of wealth along with government regulation to regulate markets in the interests of both consumers and producers.[36] Progressive conservatism first arose as a distinct ideology in the United Kingdom under Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli's "One Nation" Toryism.[36][37]

There have been a variety of progressive conservative governments. In the United Kingdom, the Prime Ministers Disraeli, Stanley Baldwin, Neville Chamberlain, Winston Churchill and Harold Macmillan[38] are progressive conservatives.

In the United States, the administration of President William Howard Taft was a progressive conservative and he described himself as "a believer in progressive conservatism"[39] and President Dwight D. Eisenhower declared himself an advocate of "progressive conservatism".[40] In Germany, Chancellor Leo von Caprivi promoted a progressive conservative agenda called the "New Course".[41] In Canada, a variety of conservative governments have been progressive conservative, with Canada's major conservative movement being officially named the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada from 1942 to 2003.[42] In Canada, the Prime Ministers Arthur Meighen, R. B. Bennett, John Diefenbaker, Joe Clark, Brian Mulroney, and Kim Campbell led progressive conservative federal governments.[42]
    but also this...

Religious conservatism principally apply the teachings of particular religions to politics, sometimes by merely proclaiming the value of those teachings, at other times by having those teachings influence laws.[33]

In most democracies, political conservatism seeks to uphold traditional family structures and social values. Religious conservatives typically oppose abortion, homosexual behavior, drug use[34] and sexual activity outside of marriage. In some cases, conservative values are grounded in religious beliefs and some conservatives seek to increase the role of religion in public life.[35]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Progressive conservatism incorporates progressive policies alongside conservative policies. It stresses the importance of a social safety net to deal with poverty, support of limited redistribution of wealth along with government regulation to regulate markets in the interests of both consumers and producers.[36] Progressive conservatism first arose as a distinct ideology in the United Kingdom under Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli's "One Nation" Toryism.[36][37]

There have been a variety of progressive conservative governments. In the United Kingdom, the Prime Ministers Disraeli, Stanley Baldwin, Neville Chamberlain, Winston Churchill and Harold Macmillan[38] are progressive conservatives.

In the United States, the administration of President William Howard Taft was a progressive conservative and he described himself as "a believer in progressive conservatism"[39] and President Dwight D. Eisenhower declared himself an advocate of "progressive conservatism".[40] In Germany, Chancellor Leo von Caprivi promoted a progressive conservative agenda called the "New Course".[41] In Canada, a variety of conservative governments have been progressive conservative, with Canada's major conservative movement being officially named the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada from 1942 to 2003.[42] In Canada, the Prime Ministers Arthur Meighen, R. B. Bennett, John Diefenbaker, Joe Clark, Brian Mulroney, and Kim Campbell led progressive conservative federal governments.[42]

Thats sounds partly like you. Plus you have your religious Protestant Christian views.
    There's nothing really progressive about me. If anything, I am a paleo conservative with alt right tendencies.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Yes Sir.
    Please try them?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 1,377

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    If more people studied the history of these ideologies (and I include myself in that statement), the terminology would straighten itself out. I do try not to use "liberalism" in reference to leftism, though. Everybody here does, of course, so the habit dies hard.

And whether Marxism has evolved or not since Marx's lifetime, I disagree profoundly with the man from what I've read.
    Same, I fiercely oppose communism, but I can't neglect the importance of Marx work, his analyzing method is very useful, he is a Himalaya of political thinking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information