Quote Originally Posted by Nato View Post
You're very typical Croat probably because you have blood from Croatian historical core, you guys are probably purest Croats overall togheder with Central-North Dalmatia.
What has caught my attention is the big number of Licani that I'm connecting with through 23andMe (and elsewhere) and naturally they're all Bunjevci in origin. My mother's family's original surname is found among the Bunjevci in Backa around Subotica (although it was changed when her branch arrived in Livno). It might be sample bias, but after Splitska-Dalmatinska Zupanija, I get more connections from Lika than either Sibenska-Kninska or Zadarska (or even Dubrovacka).

Even the Serbs I connect with are mainly from Lika rather than from my immediate neighbourhood. No one from Glamoc, nor Sipovo, nor Grahovo, and only one guy from Drvar.

Got a question about this 10,000 Dalmatians thing. Never knew it existed lol, but it's awesome it does.

Why the hell are they keeping it secret, I can't understand that ?
It's a combination of protecting proprietary information and legality in that when the project was submitted for proposal results were promised to be kept secret to protect participants and for them to sign on.