Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,755

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    We don't know for their descendants because they migrated to Hungary and some of them later to Russia. When Ottomans took part of Hungary 1526 and Banat 1552 some Serbian noble families migrated together with Hungarians in northern and western Hungary and later assimilated in Hungarian nation. Some of them migrated to Russia and assimilated there. Some which stayed under the Ottoman rule became peasant and in time lost conscience of noble origin.

This guy claim that he is descendant of Serbian noble family Crnojević https://www.kurir.rs/vesti/drustvo/1...anko-crnojevic from branch which converted to Islam. He conveted to Orthodxy and took name Stanko Crnojević, same name as his ancestor which converted to Islam +500 years ago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skenderbeg_Crnojević

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crnojević_noble_family
    зна ли се хаплогрупа црнојевића ... они су исто И2 вјероватно. Иначе та породица има интересантну причу и једна ми је од дражих породица.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-07-2024 @ 07:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,635
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Musa Kesedžija View Post
    зна ли се хаплогрупа црнојевића ... они су исто И2 вјероватно. Иначе та породица има интересантну причу и једна ми је од дражих породица.
    Не знам, али могуће је да су I2a. Мени нешто вуче на то.
    Могао би да се тестира овај Махмуд Бушатлија, односно Станко Црнојевић.

Патријарх Арсеније Чарнојевић је био од Црнојевића https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arseni...63;#Early_life

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,724
    Given: 43,633

0 Not allowed!

We don't know for their descendants because they migrated to Hungary and some of them later to Russia. When Ottomans took part of Hungary 1526 and Banat 1552 some Serbian noble families migrated together with Hungarians in northern and western Hungary and later assimilated in Hungarian nation. Some of them migrated to Russia and assimilated there. Some which stayed under the Ottoman rule became peasant and in time lost conscience of noble origin.

This guy claim that he is descendant of Serbian noble family Crnojević https://www.kurir.rs/vesti/drustvo/1...anko-crnojevic from branch which converted to Islam. He conveted to Orthodxy and took name Stanko Crnojević, same name as his ancestor which converted to Islam +500 years ago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skenderbeg_Crnojević

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crnojević_noble_family
    Do you have any muslim relatives (for example trough Ydna ) ? Or Catholics, for that matter ?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    Do you have any muslim relatives (for example trough Ydna ) ? Or Catholics, for that matter ?
    I don't know for now, but I bealive that I have.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,119
    Given: 10,159

1 Not allowed!

Isn't what the OP is saying basic history and not controversial. "Bosniak" used to be a national denominator used irregardless of religion, most Catholics described themselves at Bosniak prior to the 19th century. I wouldn't go as far as to say there's no Croats, but a lot of these peoples ancestors did probably describe themselves as Catholic Bosniaks and probably had little to do with Croatia.

There's a strong theory that many Catholics in western Herzegovina are descendants of gheg Albanians from Shkodër, this would certainly explain their darker features and aggresive mentality.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Musa Kesedžija View Post
    Bosniak politician Nedžad Branković is descendant of Serbian medieval noble family and dynasty Branković.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedžad_Branković

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branković_dynasty

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ayetooey View Post
    There's a strong theory that many Catholics in western Herzegovina are descendants of gheg Albanians from Shkodër, this would certainly explain their darker features and aggresive mentality.
    I know for theory that part of western Herzegovinian Catholics (Croatians) originated from Shkodër in northern Albania.

Nickname for western Herzegovinian Croatians is Škutori, and Škutori according to this theory derivated from Shkodër.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ayetooey View Post
    Isn't what the OP is saying basic history and not controversial. "Bosniak" used to be a national denominator used irregardless of religion, most Catholics described themselves at Bosniak prior to the 19th century. I wouldn't go as far as to say there's no Croats, but a lot of these peoples ancestors did probably describe themselves as Catholic Bosniaks and probably had little to do with Croatia.

No, Bosniak national idenitifcation never existed until Austro-Hungarian authorities intoroduced it in 19th century, before that people identified with their religion and there was no national consciousness just like in rest of Europe.

Western Herzegovina Croats have absolutely nothing to do with Albania, as they are overwhelmingly Slavic by paternal line (more than Bosniaks and Serbs), rather worry about swarthy and agressive Serbs in eastern Herzegovina, or even better, those in Montenegro, who are actually admixed with Gheg Albanians, idiot.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    No, Bosniak national idenitifcation never existed until Austro-Hungarian authorities intoroduced it in 19th century, before that people identified with their religion and there was no national consciousness just like in rest of Europe.

Western Herzegovina Croats have absolutely nothing to do with Albania, as they are overwhelmingly Slavic by paternal line (more than Bosniaks and Serbs), rather worry about swarthy and agressive Serbs in eastern Herzegovina, or even better, those in Montenegro, who are actually admixed with Gheg Albanians, idiot.
    Western Herzegovinian Croatian have 71% I2a on the sample of only 86, which was taken from 3-4 places.
    In know for sample of 86 from forum.hr.
    Number of tested Serbs from Herzegovina is +600.

Western Herzegovinan Croatians are often swarthy such as Milan Bandić, Zdravko Mamić and Zlatko Dalić.

I heard many times from Croatians from Croatia that they talking very negative things about Škutori.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Western Herzegovinian Croatian have 71% I2a on the sample of only 86, which was taken from 3-4 places.
    In know for sample of 86 from forum.hr.
    Number of tested Serbs from Herzegovina is +600.

Western Herzegovinan Croatians are often swarthy such as Milan Bandić, Zdravko Mamić and Zlatko Dalić.

I heard many times from Croatians from Croatia that they talking very negative things about Škutori.
    Swartiness of Herzegovians is vastly exeggerated on these boards:

I would say coastal Dalmatians are bit darker, for example.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information