Thread: If you rented a house/flat internationally what was your exp. & where were your best flatmates from?

Caveat Emptor

0 Not allowed!

Default If you rented a house/flat internationally what was your exp. & where were your best flatmates from?

Or some other types of accommodation (i.e. fraternity or international halls in college? camping? holidays?). Maybe you rent out one of your rooms to people from different countries?

What were your experiences? Where were your best (and worst) flatmates and/or roommates from? I've counted like 20 nationalities that I've lived with at some point either at college or traveling.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-24-2023 @ 12:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Home Counties of England, Northern Iberia, Southern Brazil
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,398
    Given: 1,472

0 Not allowed!

When I first moved out of my parents house I rented a large house and sublet the rooms, I stayed in the largest room, then 2 English guys, 1 Australian girl and 2 Brazilians, a girl and a guy.

It was very strange in the first few weeks, as I was used to living in a large house surrounded by lots of green and no neighbours to annoy me, but I got used to it.

The English guys liked to drink a lot, and whilst they never bothered anyone, I had to pick one up every once in a while and put him in his room, we eventually became good friends and would spend some time together on the rugby field.

The Aussie had a boyfriend somewhere else and left to see him every weekend, we didn't see much of one another but got along marvellously when we did see each other.

The Brazilian guy wanted to shag his female compatriot but she didn't like him, so eventually that became a problem that I had to deal with, so I made him leave after his deposit was up. My GF, who lived somewhere else started to get jealous of the Brazilian girl, but this ceased happening once the girl found a new boyfriend and left.

A gay English guy and his gay Brazilian friend now occupied the vacancies left by the 2 previous people, one on each room. It was all fine and dandy in the begining, but eventually the Brazilian guy kept bringing in his fuckbois over to get down to bidness, as long as it was done in their rooms it was ok, but there were times where 4-5 dudes were in there at once mercilessly sausage fighting and makinga a ruckus in the process. I had enough one day and told the renter that we weren't comfortable with him having gay orgies in the same house and told him to leave, he made a fuss about it and mentioned something about puritanism but all I remember was grabbing him by the hoodie he was wearing and slapping him, he shut up real quick, stayed for 2 days until he could get somewhere to go and I returned his remaining deposit. He thought about calling the fuzz but those 2 other Anglo bros I mentioned earlier said they would fuck him up if he did, so that was that.

The other gay guy also left, he was quiet though but whatever.

I didn't pay any rent as I had all the rooms rented out for students, I even made a profit, the house was also in a great neighbourhood, but this kind of living arrangement wasn't for me.

Also worth noting is that my parents own literally 100s of houses but I was too stubborn to live in anything they owned, just so could say hurr, hey guise, look I'm independent, I eventually moved in to my own flat with my GF, she was hungarian. We eventually broke up becuase I wanted to join the military, whilst she didn't want me to, but Britannia comes first.

As it turned out I did not actually join the military, so no cool dorm room stories from me.
    Last edited by Marinus; 10-09-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Caveat Emptor

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Marinus View Post
    When I first moved out of my parents house I rented a large house and sublet the rooms, I stayed in the largest room, then 2 English guys, 1 Australian girl and 2 Brazilians, a girl and a guy.

It was very strange in the first few weeks, as I was used to living in a large house surrounded by lots of green and no neighbours to annoy me, but I got used to it.

The English guys liked to drink a lot, and whilst they never bothered anyone, I had to pick one up every once in a while and put him in his room, we eventually became good friends and would spend some time together on the rugby field.

The Aussie had a boyfriend somewhere else and left to see him every weekend, we didn't see much of each other and got along marvellously. The Brazilian guy wanted to shag his female compatriot but she didn't like him, so eventually that became a problem that I had to deal with, so I made him leave after his deposit was up. My GF, who lived somewhere else started to get jealous of the Brazilian girl, but this ceased happening when the girl found a new boyfriend and left.

A gay English guy and his gay Brazilian friend now occupied the vacancies left by the 2 previous people, one on each room. It was all fine and dandy in the begining, but eventually the Brazilian guy kept bringing in his fuckbois over to get down to bidness, as long as it was done in their rooms it was ok, but there were times where 4-5 dudes were in there at once sausage fighting and amking a ruckus. I had enough one day and told the renter that we weren't comfortable with him having gay orgies in the same house and told him to leave, he made a fuss about mentioned something about puritanism but all I remember was grabbing him by the hoodie he was wearing and slapping him, he shut up real quick, stayed for 2 days until he could get somewhere to go and I returned his remaining deposit. He thought about calling the fuzz but those to other bros I mentioned earlier said they would fuck him up if he did, so that was that.

The other gay guy also left, he was quiet though so whatever.

I didn't pay any rent as I had all the rooms rented out for students, I even made a profit, the house was also in a great neighbourhood, but this kind of living arrangement wasn't for me.

Also worth noting is that my parents own literally 100s of houses but I was too stubborn to live in anything they owned, just so could say hurr, hey guise, I'm independent, I eventually moved in to my own flat with my GF, she was hungarian. We eventually broke up becuase I wanted to join the military, she didn't want me to, but Britannia comes first.

As it turned out I did not actually join the military, so no cool dorm room stories from me.
    Nice, and you are set for life lol congrats on being a lucky son of a b. I've lived with some Brazilians as well - in general I had a positive experience.

For me the best individuals turned out to be from Spain, Germany (especially females), Poland, Australia, South Africa (mainly Boers). You would be surprised to hear but I didn't have a very good experience with fellow Anglo Britons (counter-intuitively). They were either more withdrawn/reserved than others and one British guy actually ate my food on regular basis and outright denied it (not joking).

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-24-2023 @ 12:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Home Counties of England, Northern Iberia, Southern Brazil
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,398
    Given: 1,472

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emptor View Post
    Nice, and you are set for life lol congrats on being a lucky son of a b.
    Cheers mate, I have indeed been blessed in that regard and I'm thankful for it everyday.

For me the best individuals turned out to be from Spain, Germany (especially females), Poland, Australia, South Africa (mainly Boers). You would be surprised to hear but I didn't have a very good experience with fellow Anglo Britons (counter-intuitively). They were either more withdrawn/reserved than others and one British guy actually ate my food on regular basis and outright denied it (not joking).
    I totally get you, when it comes to British flat mates it's like nature is trying desperately to counter-balance the cold, distant person who barely acknowledges your existence with an army of complete nutters.

There's a "Little America" in my borough in London, and I gotta say you're some of the best people I've ever met! The Aussies are also a great bunch.

I've lived with some Brazilians as well - in general I had a positive experience.
    I'm a third Brazilian and lived in Brazil for a while, and while large swathes of Brazilians are amongst the warmest, kindest, most helpful souls you'll ever meet, the other half are complete degenarates lol

Thread Information