The way to attain eternal life and salvation according to the theology of within the different denominations. Clarify any mistakes as I would like to know how different major denominations see the concepts of salvation and eternal life:

> Lutheran = Faith alone

> Roman Catholic = Following God's church on earth (Papacy), absolution from sins, receiving of Eucharist

> Anglican/Episcopal/CofE = Faith alone (hard work and good deeds are also rewarded)

> Calvinist = Predestination, deterministic, no free will in this matter.

> Presbyterian (Modern Reformed Calvinist theology): Modern Presbyterians also understand Predestination as being 'chosen for faith' and not everyone is called upon for this purpose.

> Methodist = Faith, emphasis on free will, good moral character, good deeds, hard work

> Quaker = Just be a good person

> Pentecostal = Be born again and evangelical about your faith

> Anabaptist/Mennonite/Amish = faith, repentance and hard work gradually earns salvation

> Orthodox = May be offered as a gift from God, and either accepted (by synergeia = working with God) or rejected

> Baptists = Faith alone again (as Lutherans).

> Mormon/LDS = Be baptised into the church, follow the church, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost through the laying on of hands by a person with priesthood authority, pass the tests in front of you and repent for the sins (quite similar to Catholics in terms of the church following)

Does this seem about right as I expect some of you are representatives of many of these different denominations? I am sorry if I have missed your denomination (please add).