Country
    Georgia
    Religion
    Paganism mixed with Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

But how I know all tribal unions were making raids and not such wars that states were making. Their purpose is to rob and not to occupy a territory. And for us it is unclear and disgraceful from the point of the feudal Christian state values where knights had to be sure that their enemies are ready for the battle.

Last Online
    10-25-2021 @ 02:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lazo-Kartvelic
    Ethnicity
    Meskhian
    Ancestry
    Samtskhe-Saatabago
    Country
    Georgia
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

18722669_988337991269519_9105900678399655936_n.jpg

Svan woman in national close
    Ps why I can not normally upload here a photo?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic Celtic Romance
    Ethnicity
    Central/Northwestern Euro
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,977
    Given: 447

1 Not allowed!

Can't classify because it takes Svan to know Svan, however I am familiar with the fairy tale of the ugly foundling Canuckling who grew up
    to be a graceful Svan.

Last Online
    01-02-2021 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Nakh
    Ethnicity
    Chechen
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by klarji View Post
    Frowning Man

Mmm... You are right
    Svans are much more "evil" and bloodthirsty then Georgians (Eastern Georgians)
    For example Eastern Georgian Mountaineers had not also state and lived in tribal unions like Upper Svans but they had much more deep and kind ethic system. Respectness to an enemy etc
    For example, Tushi Georgians did not respect Avars and respected much more Chechen-Ingushians.
    Because Avars were kidnapping children and women what was the worst thing in Georgian ethic values. But Chechen-Ingushians were kidnapping only sheep and goats, shortly food.
    My Khevsur teacher told me that Our Southern slopes are much more productive. While Mountain Chechnya is very unfertile and they had to steal to eat. Khevsur Georgians strict codes of dignity was forbidding such things and they were making also war campaign on neighbour mountain Chechen tribe unions only in answer.
    Tushis were much more softer then Khevsurs. Though they were very brave. They were professional traveller shepherds and liked more working and intellectualness.
    I think Svans would have been very bloodthirsty towards Chechens and Avars then Eastern Georgian mountain tribes were.
    For us it's less understanding that North Caucasians are proud of raids.
    Firstly raids are thought to be very dishonest. You attack an enemy when he does not expect you and only thing you do is to "fight" with peacefull population - kidnapping children and women while their fathers are at war with Persia or are not at home and have no weapon in his hand.

Chechen and Khevsur mountains have the same amount of fertility, Khevsurs raided Chechen villages just as much as Chechens raided theirs. There are countless of stories of Khevsur raids but imo the Khevsur-Chechen rivalry has been exaggerated a lot, and especially from the Georgian side, maybe because of the Pshavela books. Or i think that true enmity between them was caused because of the Imamate-Russian wars in the mid 1800s where Georgia as a whole became an enemy to Chechens. But other than that in old folktales Georgians and especially Khevsurs (Shedaloy) were seen as close allies against Kalmyks, Nogai, Gazikumukh's and others.

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kartvel (Georgian)
    Ethnicity
    Megrel
    Ancestry
    Megrelia(Colchis -Western Georgia)
    Country
    Georgia
    Region
    Georgia
    Taxonomy
    Neanderthal
    Religion
    Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 428
    Given: 163

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by klarji View Post
    Frowning Man

Mmm... You are right
    Svans are much more "evil" and bloodthirsty then Georgians (Eastern Georgians)
    For example Eastern Georgian Mountaineers had not also state and lived in tribal unions like Upper Svans but they had much more deep and kind ethic system. Respectness to an enemy etc
    For example, Tushi Georgians did not respect Avars and respected much more Chechen-Ingushians.
    Because Avars were kidnapping children and women what was the worst thing in Georgian ethic values. But Chechen-Ingushians were kidnapping only sheep and goats, shortly food.
    My Khevsur teacher told me that Our Southern slopes are much more productive. While Mountain Chechnya is very unfertile and they had to steal to eat. Khevsur Georgians strict codes of dignity was forbidding such things and they were making also war campaign on neighbour mountain Chechen tribe unions only in answer.
    Tushis were much more softer then Khevsurs. Though they were very brave. They were professional traveller shepherds and liked more working and intellectualness.
    I think Svans would have been very bloodthirsty towards Chechens and Avars then Eastern Georgian mountain tribes were.
    For us it's less understanding that North Caucasians are proud of raids.
    Firstly raids are thought to be very dishonest. You attack an enemy when he does not expect you and only thing you do is to "fight" with peacefull population - kidnapping children and women while their fathers are at war with Persia or are not at home and have no weapon in his hand.
    Maybe yes. We Svans are much more aggressive and bloodthirsty than other Georgians. But more traditional, and I think we have preserved the real Georgian traditions, mythology best of all, and I think that we have the most real Georgian character. It's a pity other Georgians are different now. The Svans had the most cruel blood feud in the Caucasus. During the blood feud, the Svans massacred all the men in the family. So more than three hundred genera died out. I have noticed western Georgians are more violent. For example Mingrelians are not inferior in cruelty to the Svans. Or, for example, the Gurians are also cruel. If the Svans lived in the place of the Khevsurs or Tushins, then the Svans would be much more cruel to the Vainakhs and Dagestanis. Probably the Svans would take revenge on them for any insignificant offense, cutting out entire villages and all the people nearby. Of all Georgians, I am impressed by the Svans and Khevsurs. Especially the Svans. The Svan character is a real Georgian character. And the Svans are very different from other Caucasians. With their dances, rituals, mythology and character.

This is how Georgians and their other neighbors represent the Svans.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kartvel (Georgian)
    Ethnicity
    Megrel
    Ancestry
    Country
    Georgia
    Region
    Georgia
    Taxonomy
    Neanderthal
    Religion
    Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Svans

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anatolian Farmer, Caucasian Hunter Gatherer
    Ethnicity
    Mix of several ethnicities from West Asia and Balkans
    Ancestry
    80% West Asia 20%Balkans
    Country
    Hong-Kong
    Politics
    Against linguistic nationalism, support genetic nationalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 630
    Given: 458

0 Not allowed!

Sorry to interrupt of the original topic but i’m very curious as a half Circassian(Kabardin) Is it still unknown who the original habitants of north, south, west and west caucasia?Any conclusion?Some say, except Georgians and Armenians, the rest of the other caucasians were originally Alanic and Turkic.Is it true or just a trash?
    Target: PP
    Distance: 13.9037% / 0.13903704 | ADC: 0.25x RC
    85.2 Armenian_dynasty
    10.6 Minoan_short_med_Eastern_Crete
    4.2 Phoenician_settler

Distance to: PP
    0.13943834 Armenian_dynasty
    0.14268276 Persian_incursions
    0.15227399 Thracian_settler
    0.15294616 Mycenaean_warrior
    0.15440099 Adriatic_illyrian_coast
    0.15476057 Illyrian_settler
    0.15593106 Minoan_short_med_Eastern_Crete
    0.15607298 Phoenician_settler
    0.15677407 Minoan_short_med_Southern_Crete

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kartvel (Georgian)
    Ethnicity
    Megrel
    Ancestry
    Country
    Georgia
    Region
    Georgia
    Taxonomy
    Neanderthal
    Religion
    Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pater Patota View Post
    Sorry to interrupt of the original topic but i’m very curious as a half Circassian(Kabardin) Is it still unknown who the original habitants of north, south, west and west caucasia?Any conclusion?Some say, except Georgians and Armenians, the rest of the other caucasians were originally Alanic and Turkic.Is it true or just a trash?
    No one knows. Any Caucasian people say that they were the first to come to the Caucasus. But this is nonsense. This is not yet known. The North Caucasians were not originally Alans or Turks. The North Caucasians came under the strong influence of the Scythians, Sarmatian, Alanian tribes a long time ago. And I think they have adopted a lot in culture, traditions and clothing. The Alans controlled the North Caucasus for a long time and dominated the North Caucasus. After their disappearance, the Circassian tribes dominated. I'm talking about the North Caucasus. You can only talk about the ancient states that were in the Caucasus. The oldest Caucasian state is considered to be Colchis and Diaoh. They are mentioned somewhere in the 13th century BC. These are the western Georgian states of Megrelov, Laz and Svans. Then the states of Iberia (a kingdom in eastern Georgia) appeared, it was founded by the eastern Georgian tribes. Another old state in the Caucasus is Caucasian Albania. This is the state of the Dagestan tribes.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lazo-Kartvelic
    Ethnicity
    Meskhian
    Ancestry
    Samtskhe-Saatabago
    Country
    Georgia
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frowning Man View Post
    Maybe yes. We Svans are much more aggressive and bloodthirsty than other Georgians. But more traditional, and I think we have preserved the real Georgian traditions, mythology best of all, and I think that we have the most real Georgian character. It's a pity other Georgians are different now. The Svans had the most cruel blood feud in the Caucasus. During the blood feud, the Svans massacred all the men in the family. So more than three hundred genera died out. I have noticed western Georgians are more violent. For example Mingrelians are not inferior in cruelty to the Svans. Or, for example, the Gurians are also cruel. If the Svans lived in the place of the Khevsurs or Tushins, then the Svans would be much more cruel to the Vainakhs and Dagestanis. Probably the Svans would take revenge on them for any insignificant offense, cutting out entire villages and all the people nearby. Of all Georgians, I am impressed by the Svans and Khevsurs. Especially the Svans. The Svan character is a real Georgian character. And the Svans are very different from other Caucasians. With their dances, rituals, mythology and character.

Svans are Svans. They lived in very high mountains and their mountains very higher then mountains of other Caucasians, as well as mountains of Khevsureti.Svans are the only professionally Alpinist people in the Caucasus.
    Because of it their character is very fierce. And Georgians who lives in the soft climate near the Black Sea and Georgian who has been living in Svaneti for millennium would be different anyway. The climate made such different.
    About Westerners s you are right. They are much more nacionalistics and don't like settlers in their land. While in the East there are a lot of regions what are colonized by Ossetians Armenians etc
    Easterners are also philosophers. They have very deep poetry and song text. While Svans are more life full. Their philosophy "kill the enemy and end up". While Tushi will make the whole philosophy about respectness to others, "we are human being"

What's about true Georgians

Khevsurs and Svans were traditional societies..They did not have a state..and of course traditional society without government official church are much more traditional ) that people of the state
    In that state agriculture society is more traditional then industrial society etc

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lazo-Kartvelic
    Ethnicity
    Meskhian
    Ancestry
    Samtskhe-Saatabago
    Country
    Georgia
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frowning Man View Post

Svans are Svans. They lived in very high mountains and their mountains very higher then mountains of other Caucasians, as well as mountains of Khevsureti.Svans are the only professionally Alpinist people in the Caucasus.
    Because of it their character is very fierce. And Georgians who lives in the soft climate near the Black Sea and Georgian who has been living in Svaneti for millennium would be different anyway. The climate made such different.
    About Westerners s you are right. They are much more nacionalistics and don't like settlers in their land. While in the East there are a lot of regions what are colonized by Ossetians Armenians etc
    Easterners are also philosophers. They have very deep poetry and song text. While Svans are more life full. Their philosophy "kill the enemy and end up". While Tushi will make the whole philosophy about respectness to others, "we are human being"

What's about true Georgians

Khevsurs and Svans were traditional societies..They did not have a state..and of course traditional society without government official church are much more traditional ) that people of the state
    In that state agriculture society is more traditional then industrial society etc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information