I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanas Django View Post
    Historical sources are banned in 3rd world Muslim shitholes like Bosnia.
    Poor Bosnia... they are not free...

Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 11:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Northeastern Bulgarian, Southeastern Thracian Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    European, Mediteranean
    Politics
    Democratic, Proeuropean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 300

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    The simple fact that I had to study Roman law and Latin language in School means that's how we are educated to live and progress, also our country judges by the principles of Roman law not Sharia law.
    What is that strange obsession of Bosnians with the antiquity? Is it because you know deep down that Islam has separated you from the other Europeans (unnaturally) and you want us all to return to Roman times where Christian/Muslim division was non existent? Because I ve been to Bosnia and it felt so unnatural to see those beautiful people in veils, with mosques...

Latin language in Gymnasium and High School is mandatory here.
    That by itself makes us part of Roman world.
    Bosnia and Bosnians (or Serbs, Croats, Bulgarians) were not even formed as nations and didn't exist in the Roman times. Yes there were Illyrians (in your case) and Thracians (in mine), but they were yet to be Slavicized. There is no Roman world at present. Roman empire included the Middle East and Northern Africa, nowadays those places share almost zero with Europe. At present you have the idea of Europe and you either are part of it or not (though there are borderline cases).

We were converted to Christianity by force, we had other religions before Christianity, later we converted to Islam for various reasons that doesn't make me (Fake) cause
    we are still the same people we were in Christianity, I haven't received horns or tails for that matter. I've never spoke any other language than I do today (which is my language) we
    probably used Latin in Dalmatia before Slavic dominance. So in no way Bosnian or any other Balkan muslims are fake... cause you could designate Christians to be fake then (for converting to Christianity).
    There are no records on forceful Christianization in Europe (apart from 15th century Spain when Muslims and Jews were christened, but it was recorded as "voluntary" and in the end they were thrown out of Spain). There were killings against heretics and between different types of Christians (Huguenots - Catholics/ protestants - Catholics). But that's about it. Muslim faith has been recorded as forcefully imposed on many cases in the Ottoman empire (including in Bulgaria). Conversion was "proposed" even to Christians on the highest possible position in the empire. For example there have been extensive records on cases where the sultan was not happy with a Constantinople patriarch and the patriarch was given the following option: get executed or convert to Islam. None of the patriarchs accepted to convert. But it goes to show how this religion was force-fed on the Christian population (even on the top ranks).
    I condemn everyone who leaves his country to live somewhere cause that's basically capitulation. Even if EU has enslaved
    Serbia, Bosnia, etc... made us slaves, we will never surrender our identity to them, which is why we will never join EU cause
    we have our own identity completely opposite to many EU beliefs, as one German said in Spiegel newspapers: "If we let
    Serbs join EU, we will talk entire day about things of the distant past and we will waste time on nonsense". Well we disagree
    it's nonsense, we consider them liars and thiefs.
    At this point I don't think EU would accept Serbia or Bosnia in the near future so you precious hold on to "your identity" would not be threaten. And what is that identity really? Backwardness? Not much to be proud of if you ask me.

Well Imagine if we never converted to Islam it would be the same. For example: If I was an Orthodox Christian I would be asking for institution of Roman Orthodox laws, prosecution
    of LGBT people, clothing law according to Justinian Edicts, etc... they would proclaim me madman in EU where Syrian Christians for example would cheer me as a great person.
    No, because Christianity separates between civil and spiritual worlds (Give Caesar his, and God his) while the idea in Quran is that it regulates spiritual AND civil life. Thus the idea (mainstream) in Islam is that the civil law (Sharia law) is divine and thus unchangeable (I hope that's not the case in Bosnia). As a result: the civil society CAN NOT progress, because it has to be stuck in 7th century. that's why you see the majority of muslims hold on to a law from the early Middle Ages, something no Christian could comprehend. And no Christian on the Balkans ask for Roman Orthodox laws (most want modern law), prosecution of LGBT people (not supported too, maybe only by repressed gays), clothing law (whaaat?????? that's so Unchristian!!!!).

Both Muslims and Christians on Balkans are Reactionary people (well significant portion still with influence) and we do not want to change, and EUROPE HATE US cause they want
    to make GAYS out of us, they want us to promote all possible wickedness and we are still fighting that unlike EU nations.
    I think you are underestimating the Balkans. Greece is modern, European nation, pretty much European in all. So are the Romanians (and the anylgbt referendum proves this). Bulgaria hopefully would be Europeanized too. And no one could make gay of you UNLESS you are repressed gay already . I don't think this backwardness should be a cause for pride.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ioan assen View Post
    What is that strange obsession of Bosnians with the antiquity? Is it because you know deep down that Islam has separated you from the other Europeans (unnaturally) and you want us all to return to Roman times where Christian/Muslim division was non existent? Because I ve been to Bosnia and it felt so unnatural to see those beautiful people in veils, with mosques...

Bosnia and Bosnians (or Serbs, Croats, Bulgarians) were not even formed as nations and didn't exist in the Roman times. Yes there were Illyrians (in your case) and Thracians (in mine), but they were yet to be Slavicized. There is no Roman world at present. Roman empire included the Middle East and Northern Africa, nowadays those places share almost zero with Europe. At present you have the idea of Europe and you either are part of it or not (though there are borderline cases).

There are no records on forceful Christianization in Europe (apart from 15th century Spain when Muslims and Jews were christened, but it was recorded as "voluntary" and in the end they were thrown out of Spain). There were killings against heretics and between different types of Christians (Huguenots - Catholics/ protestants - Catholics). But that's about it. Muslim faith has been recorded as forcefully imposed on many cases in the Ottoman empire (including in Bulgaria). Conversion was "proposed" even to Christians on the highest possible position in the empire. For example there have been extensive records on cases where the sultan was not happy with a Constantinople patriarch and the patriarch was given the following option: get executed or convert to Islam. None of the patriarchs accepted to convert. But it goes to show how this religion was force-fed on the Christian population (even on the top ranks).

At this point I don't think EU would accept Serbia or Bosnia in the near future so you precious hold on to "your identity" would not be threaten. And what is that identity really? Backwardness? Not much to be proud of if you ask me.

No, because Christianity separates between civil and spiritual worlds (Give Caesar his, and God his) while the idea in Quran is that it regulates spiritual AND civil life. Thus the idea (mainstream) in Islam is that the civil law (Sharia law) is divine and thus unchangeable (I hope that's not the case in Bosnia). As a result: the civil society CAN NOT progress, because it has to be stuck in 7th century. that's why you see the majority of muslims hold on to a law from the early Middle Ages, something no Christian could comprehend. And no Christian on the Balkans ask for Roman Orthodox laws (most want modern law), prosecution of LGBT people (not supported too, maybe only by repressed gays), clothing law (whaaat?????? that's so Unchristian!!!!).

I think you are underestimating the Balkans. Greece is modern, European nation, pretty much European in all. So are the Romanians (and the anylgbt referendum proves this). Bulgaria hopefully would be Europeanized too. And no one could make gay of you UNLESS you are repressed gay already . I don't think this backwardness should be a cause for pride.

Good post... you know history and Christian religion better than average people..( i m little bit above average people in any scale )
    Also germanic barbarians were not forced to convert to Christianity... Christianity was widespread outside roman empire border ( in North-east europe ) long before Constantine Emperor.. It was Dangerous to be Christian under the romans not in a Germanic Tribe-village..
    Moreover.. germanic paganism was little bit "stupid" because only the brave warriors could hope for an after life.. women, ancient people, childs after Death simple vanishing.. No need to explain that it was "easy" to convert germanic women and old people to Jesus and his universal love and hope..

PS.. Norse sagas from Iceland and scandinavia.. are not historical sources.... but only fantasy tales..

Sagas are stories, somewhat like historical fiction. Saga Writers( or Irish Christian monks ) took poetic license in describing them. The events themselves took place a few hundred years before, which is why they should be considered fiction, not fact. Sagas are prose, occasionally with poetic stanzas in the text. The subjects are tales of men’s deeds, battles, journeys, feuds and fights. The subjects could be Christian or pagan, realistic or fantastic, tales of giants or saints or heroes or even regular people.

THE ONLY RELIABLE SOURCES OF NORDIC RELIGION ARE TACITUS AND JULIUS CAESAR..

Today the sources of Nordic religion are MARVEL COMICS..
    Last edited by renaissance12; 10-19-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information