United States
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    I am curious about the status of the Albanian tribe or region of Reçi of Malësia e Madhe in the Shkodër area. Some sources seem to say that Reçi is a tribe of polyphyletic origin while another source says that Reçi is not truly a tribe and is more of a region. Robert Elsie in his book entitled ''The Tribes of Albania'' describes Reçi as a tribe but notes that they seem to be of polyphyletic origin ans thus not a ''fis'' in the sense of a tribe claiming ancestor from a common male line ancestor. He does however describe Reçi as a tribal region and mentions that they belong to a bajrak that also includes the Lohja tribe. Franz Baron Nopcsa mentions that the Reçi are a small tribe of polyphyletic origin as well yet a commentator on his work a researcher named Ndoc Kamsi says that Reçi is not actually a tribe but describes Reçi as a ''mountain'' or region. I will link some sources about this topic below. I can't read or speak Albanian so I am using Google Translate for the Nopcsa article so maybe something gets lost in the translation. I am not sure. So is Reçi a true tribe or more so of a region of Malësia e Madhe?

https://books.google.ca/books?id=i2I...20Reci&f=false

https://gazetamapo.al/topografia-dhe...-e-veriut-iii/
    Not to take away from your question, but do you and or anyone else know why the Albanians that fled to Italy and Sicily are in areas named "Greci"? Piana dei Greci, (now called Piana degli Albanesi) (sicily) and Greci. Campania. Apparently it means "greek" in Italian.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,815
    Given: 7,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DukaGenius View Post
    Not to take away from your question, but do you and or anyone else know why the Albanians that fled to Italy and Sicily are in areas named "Greci"? Piana dei Greci, (now called Piana degli Albanesi) (sicily) and Greci. Campania. Apparently it means "greek" in Italian.
    The greek orthodox religion they practiced. Italians associated their religion type with ethnicity until it was clear they were Albanians. Thanks to Mussolini who was an ethno-nationalist and changed the name eventually.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,058
    Given: 5,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ownstyler View Post
    They were supposedly four brothers, all brothers to each-other. As I mentioned, this has not been DNA-confirmed yet.

Krasniqi is J2b-L283>PH1751, a paleo-Balkan, non-Serbian clade if there ever was one. The Hercegovina tradition has found no DNA support until now.
    Interesting thank you. If anyone can ever find anymore men from Reçi to test I can fund a few tests for them. I am also interested in funding another test for another Boci man from Fani in Mirdite or a brotherhood related to Boci. I am interested in finding more J2a among the Albanian tribes.

Last Online
    11-22-2020 @ 01:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 2

1 Not allowed!

lol. Will do. Is that a holy grail of some sort? Why is it so difficult to come by?
    It is the latest register with names that I know of. The founders of several North Albanian clans might be mentioned there. I have tried to find it for a very long time, with no luck. But there are several authors who have cited it.

Interesting thank you. If anyone can ever find anymore men from Reçi to test I can fund a few tests for them. I am also interested in funding another test for another Boci man from Fani in Mirdite or a brotherhood related to Boci. I am interested in finding more J2a among the Albanian tribes.
    Yes, I think it will be possible. I would recommend that you test the untested brotherhoods of these clans though. If different branches have the same result, then it is possible the whole clan does.

Last Online
    09-07-2021 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Ownstyler;6184028]It is the latest register with names that I know of. The founders of several North Albanian clans might be mentioned there. I have tried to find it for a very long time, with no luck. But there are several authors who have cited it.

Wow, now you've piqued my interest. Which author's cited it? How is it we have 1485 and not that? Is there anything in between that you know of? It might even help my research better.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Wow, now you've piqued my interest. Which author's cited it? How is it we have 1485 and not that? Is there anything in between that you know of? It might even help my research better.
    Pulaha cited it in the 1485 one, 1st page, and in some articles in Studime Historike. Then some Serbian authors cited it too and even made a study of the names in it, without mentioning them, as they usually do. There is also the Sandzak of Dukagjin of 1571 which Pulaha has already published.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

It is the latest register with names that I know of. The founders of several North Albanian clans might be mentioned there. I have tried to find it for a very long time, with no luck. But there are several authors who have cited it.

Yes, I think it will be possible. I would recommend that you test the untested brotherhoods of these clans though. If different branches have the same result, then it is possible the whole clan does.
    If you ever find any more men from the Reçi tribe of Malesia or any men from the Boci family from Fan in Mirdite or brotherhoods that are supposed to be related to the Boci family please let me know. You can PM me as well.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

You can PM me as well.
    There are 4-5 brotherhoods that are supposed to be related to Boci as well. I can't send messages here yet, but send me an email, I enabled them until my messages are up.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

There are 4-5 brotherhoods that are supposed to be related to Boci as well. I can't send messages here yet, but send me an email, I enabled them until my messages are up.
    Email sent.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

It is interesting to see two Reçi J2a-M67 results in the Albanian DNA Project now. More need to be tested to truly confirm this of course but this lends some support to Reçi being a ''Fis'' I think.

Reci Reci Qafë Gradë, Shkoder, Shqiperi J2a-M410>M67>?

Hekaj Reci Rec, Shkoder, Shqiperi J2a-M410>M67>?

http://www.gjenetika.com/rezultatet/

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information