View Poll Results: When you think of Philippines do you think of Picture A or Picture B?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

11 84.62%
  • B

2 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you think of Philippines do you first think of Picture A or Picture B?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

0 Not allowed!

Default When you think of Philippines do you first think of Picture A or Picture B?

A:

B:

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

B. A is certainly still around (and a lot of it too !) but A, as the Philippines is growing rapidly. There is not a year that goes by without new buildings in Manila or without a new stretch of motorway being opened.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Just a few projects from the top of my head: NAIA Expressway, Skyway, the new terminal at NAIA and this gigantic project in the area around MoA. And that's just a couple: this is the like the speed that we would have had during the 1960s. Never mind this crazy idea to move the airport across the Bay into the direction of Ledesma or Danilo Atienza that I remember reading about (to be connected to Manila by a set of tunnels). Or the so-called Metro Manila Dream Plan.

NAIA Expwy:

Skyway:

Redevelopment plans (currently ongoing):

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    B. A is certainly still around (and a lot of it too !) but A, as the Philippines is growing rapidly. There is not a year that goes by without new buildings in Manila or without a new stretch of motorway being opened.
    Yea it's such a striking contrast between the upscale areas vs the slummy areas.

If you visit one of the provinces such as Ilocos there are like zero slums there and it's ultra clean, even though the infrastructure is not really as technologically advanced as what's found in the urban areas of P.I.

Most of the Manila slum dwellers came from the provinces anyway, boredom is actually one of the major reasons. In the provinces there's not really a whole lot to do, whereas in Manila it's more exciting with many more entertainment options. So the corrupt politicians allow them to 'squat' in Manila if they vow to vote for them in the next election. It's f-ed up to be honest.. That's how my dad explained this situation to me. Tbh it's such a deterrent for the many touristers to see this side of Manila.. The upscale regions of Makati and Bonifacio Global City are quite nice though. And I've never been to Palawan but I heard it's beautiful, like El Nido for example, though most people tell me that Boracay is the better beach cos of it's many nightlife choices and clean white sand. I went to Boracay earlier this year and I liked it, don't really know if it's nicer than a beach of the likes of Cancun though, but I enjoyed my time there.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-22-2023 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,772
    Given: 726

1 Not allowed!

Isn't your fiancee from there? What part?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Iloko View Post
    Yea it's such a striking contrast between the upscale areas vs the slummy areas.

If you visit one of the provinces such as Ilocos there are like zero slums there and it's ultra clean, even though the infrastructure is not really as technologically advanced as what's found in the urban areas of P.I.

Most of the Manila slum dwellers came from the provinces anyway, boredom is actually one of the major reasons. In the provinces there's not really a whole lot to do, whereas in Manila it's more exciting with many more entertainment options. So the corrupt politicians allow them to 'squat' in Manila if they vow to vote for them in the next election. It's f-ed up to be honest.. That's how my dad explained this situation to me. Tbh it's such a deterrent for the many touristers to see this side of Manila.. The upscale regions of Makati and Bonifacio Global City are quite nice though. And I've never been to Palawan but I heard it's beautiful, like El Nido for example, though most people tell me that Boracay is the better beach cos of it's many nightlife choices and clean white sand. I went to Boracay earlier this year and I liked it, don't really know if it's nicer than a beach of the likes of Cancun though, but I enjoyed my time there.
    Boracay was a mess when I went there: dirty and overcrowded and more Chinese than in Beijing. (and you know how they behave). No, Boracay, is not what you want to see (they actually had to close it down in order to rehab it). El Nido is going the same way at the moment so the problem with the Philippines is that you have an increasingly more difficult time to find quiet, more unspoiled places. As for Manila: I love the buzz of it, the energy, but Pasay, Makati and BGC exhaust you after a couple of days and then you tend to move on.

But I like the provinces a lot better. Siargao is one my favourites.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,930
    Given: 7,453

1 Not allowed!

A. Though obviously I don't think 100% of the country looks like A.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Boracay was a mess when I went there: dirty and overcrowded and more Chinese than in Beijing. (and you know how they behave). No, Boracay, is not what you want to see (they actually had to close it down in order to rehab it). El Nido is going the same way at the moment so the problem with the Philippines is that you have an increasingly more difficult time to find quiet, more unspoiled places. As for Manila: I love the buzz of it, the energy, but Pasay, Makati and BGC exhaust you after a couple of days and then you tend to move on.

But I like the provinces a lot better. Siargao is one my favourites.
    Siargao? Interesting, I've never really heard of it tbh but it sounds nice. The Google reviews for it account for nearly 5/5 stars! Thanks for the recommendation.

And yea I did see on the news about the closing down of Boracay beach. Even my aunt said Cancun was a much better beach than Boracay. She was like: "What kind of beach has stray dogs and cats on its island?" lol she said that Cancun was waaay better.

Have you been to Subic? The layout and overall zoning of the area is a lot like the US and the place is a lot quieter and secluded than urban Manila. But eh the beaches were just 'ok' there. I imagine a few places around California to have a similar feel to some degree.

But tbh I'm much more of an indoor modern urban dweller lol which is why I tend to prefer Makati. It also depends on what your personal preference is.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Just a few projects from the top of my head: NAIA Expressway, Skyway, the new terminal at NAIA and this gigantic project in the area around MoA. And that's just a couple: this is the like the speed that we would have had during the 1960s. Never mind this crazy idea to move the airport across the Bay into the direction of Ledesma or Danilo Atienza that I remember reading about (to be connected to Manila by a set of tunnels). Or the so-called Metro Manila Dream Plan.

NAIA Expwy:

Skyway:

Redevelopment plans (currently ongoing):

Yea so many interesting infrastructure projects happenin!

I'm also looking forward to this one:

Btw many of these slum dwellers work in the construction line of Manila's workforce, I bet many of them will be building these infrastructures!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Iloko View Post
    Yea so many interesting infrastructure projects happenin!

I'm also looking forward to this one:

Btw many of these slum dwellers work in the construction line of Manila's workforce, I bet many of them will be building these infrastructures!
    It would be a blessing for my fiancee, that's for sure ! Because now she is stuck in some damned van and in the MRT as she commutes from Trece to Quezon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information