Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    First of all, in this study of 2015, there is no mentioning where from they got the samples for the Macedonians and how many samples did they get!

Second, in the study, there is no mentioning what cluster does Macedonians form and with who, all it says is this:
    Well, I am not sure I understand the reason for your objection since the study you posted corresponds to the study I posted (see bracket A). Some Macedonian Slavs cluster close to Northern Greeks and Kosovars (Gheghs), while many Macedonian Slavs (as well as Romanians and Bulgarians) also overlap with Serbs and Montenegrins. However, no Greek or Ghegh population overlaps with Serbs and Montenegrins (Northern Greeks included). Hence I would not put Northern Greeks in the same cluster as Romanians, Bulgarians or Macedonian Slavs. Rather, if one insists, I would argue that some Macedonian Slavs fall into a seperate cluster with Macedonian Greeks and Thracian Greeks, which as a whole is intermediate between the South Slavic and Greek cluster.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,604

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    Well, I am not sure I understand the reason for your objection since the study you posted corresponds to the study I posted (see bracket A). Some Macedonian Slavs cluster close to Northern Greeks and Kosovars (Gheghs), while many Macedonian Slavs (as well as Romanians and Bulgarians) also overlap with Serbs and Montenegrins. However, no Greek or Ghegh population overlaps with Serbs and Montenegrins (Northern Greeks included). Hence I would not put Northern Greeks in the same cluster as Romanians, Bulgarians or Macedonian Slavs. Rather, if one insists, I would argue that some Macedonian Slavs fall into a seperate cluster with Macedonian Greeks and Thracian Greeks, which as a whole is intermediate between the South Slavic and Greek cluster.
    Well in that case we can not speak of one cluster when clustering the ethnic Macedonians as some are close to some Northern Greeks as you've said, others are in a same cluster with Bulgarians or Southern Romanians.
    There are some who even end up in a cluster with Montenegrins or Southern Serbs.
    So yeah, there is variation as everywhere...
    But most importantly, there is an incline from south to north rather than a genetic barrier between the Greek speaking populations and the Slavic speaking populations of Macedonia as it was confirmed in Bosh's study of 2005 and that the Aromanians of Albania and Macedonia, the Albanians, the ethnic Macedonians and the Greeks from Thrace are all closely connected and share similar ancestry!

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Ancestry
    Castilla la Vieja
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    nationalism
    Religion
    España
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,980
    Given: 1,061

0 Not allowed!

DO you have the K15 average of all these kits ?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,604

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibericus View Post
    DO you have the K15 average of all these kits ?
    No, I haven't done an average.
    The kits are still available so you have free hands to do whatever you wish.

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    Well in that case we can not speak of one cluster when clustering the ethnic Macedonians as some are close to some Northern Greeks as you've said, others are in a same cluster with Bulgarians or Southern Romanians.
    There are some who even end up in a cluster with Montenegrins or Southern Serbs.
    So yeah, there is variation as everywhere...
    But Romanians and Bulgarians overall do overlap with Macedonian Slavs. In the sense that they do have more or less the same genetic variety (although Macedonian Slavs are the only ones which partly overlap with a Greek and/or Ghegh population. So if these Macedonian Slavic outliers are all from a certain region (i.e. Vitola, or Greek Macedonia), I would make a case to cluster the people from those regions seperately with Northern Greeks. But if it's just arbitrary, then I would still argue that Macedonian Slavs form a cluster with Bulgarians and Romanians. And I would put Northern Greeks betweem them and other Greeks.

From personal experience I have visited Skopje right after having visited Thessaloniki for several days and I clearly noticed a difference in the overall physical appearance of the people. But I have seen Macedonian Slavs who would fit well in Greece. Anywhere in Greece.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,157
    Given: 6,705

0 Not allowed!

But Romanians and Bulgarians overall do overlap with Macedonian Slavs. In the sense that they do have more or less the same genetic variety (although Macedonian Slavs are the only ones which partly overlap with a Greek and/or Ghegh population. So if these Macedonian Slavic outliers are all from a certain region (i.e. Vitola, or Greek Macedonia), I would make a case to cluster the people from those regions seperately with Northern Greeks. But if it's just arbitrary, then I would still argue that Macedonian Slavs form a cluster with Bulgarians and Romanians. And I would put Northern Greeks betweem them and other Greeks.

From personal experience I have visited Skopje right after having visited Thessaloniki for several days and I clearly noticed a difference in the overall physical appearance of the people. But I have seen Macedonian Slavs who would fit well in Greece. Anywhere in Greece.
    Well of course there’s a difference. Any ideas on the number of 1920s refugees who settled in Salonica?

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    Well of course there’s a difference. Any ideas on the number of 1920s refugees who settled in Salonica?
    A lot of them. But the point still remains that no Greek Macedonian clusters with Serbs or Montenegrins. Besides, the refugees would typically cluster with islanders. Native people from Greek Macedonian villages resemble Thessalians. Although, I am not sure about the border area's.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,157
    Given: 6,705

0 Not allowed!

A lot of them. But the point still remains that no Greek Macedonian clusters with Serbs or Montenegrins. Besides, the refugees would typically cluster with islanders. Native people from Greek Macedonian villages resemble Thessalians. Although, I am not sure about the border area's.
    Yeah it’s the border areas we refer to ie the Slavophone regions.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

0 Not allowed!

Edit

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,925
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    350.000 from Thrace mostly from Adrianople, Phillipoplis, Burgas and Varna
    300,000 from Anatolia (Constantinople and Smyrna make most of the numbers)
    260,000 from Pontus
    50,000 from Caucasus mostly Armenians and Georgians
    15,000 from Ukraine (Greek families that volunteered to come to Greece)
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information