Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,703
    Given: 16,822

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by StonyArabia View Post
    At times yes. I am Hanafi Sunni but mostly culturally. Most Bedouins don't follow these sub-sects or schools or even know about them, and hence often branded as heretics at times.
    What is your view on voilent jihad? I imagine it to maybe a powerful tool against imperialism in my non islamic view.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,833
    Given: 7,304

1 Not allowed!

I grew up with hanafi-sunni islam. I'm still muslim. I have gone mosques once a week. I went quran course for 2 years. When i was 11~13 yo. I didn't hear the term "jihad" until 17yo.

I don't support jihad in any way, culturally or through wars.

When we consider some other muslim people's views about jihad, there are huge differences.
    qpAdm: Bulgarian_1.DG= 77 - Kimak.SG= 23, p= 0.36, se= 0.31.
    Y: Q-L330 > Q-YP771 > Q-BZ180 > Q-F16045* (F15008*) --> Baikal N, Altai MLBA, Aldy-Bel, Pazyryk, Hun.
    MT: K1a --> Iron Gates, Starcevo, Bulgaria N, Bulgaria CA, Bulgaria BA.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,490
    Given: 13,031

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Heterosapiens View Post
    What is your view on voilent jihad? I imagine it to maybe a powerful tool against imperialism in my non islamic view.
    For aggression it's wrong, but for self-defense than it's justified. The Anglo-American Americans had very difficult time to subdue the Western regions of Iraq, because most of the tribesmen took that to heart, even when not religious, because it was to defend yourself. I believe in defending your land, honor and womenfolk form your enemies. These people were willing to get genocided, so they die in honor rather than be slaves. The same happened when the Portuguese tried to colonize the Arabian peninsula, it was very violent war, but Iberians will try to undermine this conflict but it had strong geopolitical importance and it also shows the first time that non-European power managed to crush a European one and the Arabs even sacked the African and Indian colonies of Portuguese as punishment, thus Saif Bin Sultan was nicknamed the Falcon of the Sea and even dubbed as the conqueror of the "Crusaders". This why colonization was very difficult in the Mideast and parts of North Africa, for example even elderly fought against the Italians in Libya, and the Italians gave the nickname to Omar Al-Mukhtar Lion of the Desert. You are respected if you fight, and you are disrespected if you don't fight and be a willing "slave". However Arabians were always very difficult to subdue both Romans and Persians had problems even before Islam. Islam just gave them an edge combined with the notion of honor and martyrdom.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Banned
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 1,377

1 Not allowed!

Forgot to write two little helpful things:

1- Most Sunni (in Arab world at least) are pro-jihad, Salafist movements from all theological schools preach it by means of: arms, politics, and demography.
    2- Shia suspended jihad application against non-muslims for about 1200 years by a subtle manner: waiting the Mahdi; by that clerics renounce on proselytism without the suspicion of idiot mass.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by StonyArabia View Post
    For aggression it's wrong, but for self-defense than it's justified. The Anglo-American Americans had very difficult time to subdue the Western regions of Iraq, because most of the tribesmen took that to heart, even when not religious, because it was to defend yourself. I believe in defending your land, honor and womenfolk form your enemies. These people were willing to get genocided, so they die in honor rather than be slaves. The same happened when the Portuguese tried to colonize the Arabian peninsula, it was very violent war, but Iberians will try to undermine this conflict but it had strong geopolitical importance and it also shows the first time that non-European power managed to crush a European one and the Arabs even sacked the African and Indian colonies of Portuguese as punishment, thus Saif Bin Sultan was nicknamed the Falcon of the Sea and even dubbed as the conqueror of the "Crusaders". This why colonization was very difficult in the Mideast and parts of North Africa, for example even elderly fought against the Italians in Libya, and the Italians gave the nickname to Omar Al-Mukhtar Lion of the Desert. You are respected if you fight, and you are disrespected if you don't fight and be a willing "slave". However Arabians were always very difficult to subdue both Romans and Persians had problems even before Islam. Islam just gave them an edge combined with the notion of honor and martyrdom.
    Its a honorable way of fighting but same time maybe preventing to move on forwards in the middle east.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    Forgot to write two little helpful things:

1- Most Sunni (in Arab world at least) are pro-jihad, Salafist movements from all theological schools preach it by means of: arms, politics, and demography.
    2- Shia suspended jihad application against non-muslims for about 1200 years by a subtle manner: waiting the Mahdi; by that clerics renounce on proselytism without the suspicion of idiot mass.
    My islam knowledge is limited for you as arabs but quite good for a kuffar but isnt the mahdi leading the jihad with isa against the dajaal? Or is the mahdi arrival leading to something else?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 1,377

1 Not allowed!

My islam knowledge is limited for you as arabs but quite good for a kuffar but isnt the mahdi leading the jihad with isa against the dajaal? Or is the mahdi arrival leading to something else?
    You have a respectable islamic library in your head, and yes the Mehdi is a key figure in Shia/uncertain personage in Sunni, in both cases he is expected by muzz to precede the arrival of Jesus and guide the Umma towards a brightful essor and fight the antichrist in a pre-apocalyptic mission, the myth also says that Jesus will pray behind this dude.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    You have a respectable islamic library in your head, and yes the Mehdi is a key figure in Shia/uncertain personage in Sunni, in both cases he is expected by muzz to precede the arrival of Jesus and guide the Umma towards a brightful essor and fight the antichrist in a pre-apocalyptic mission, the myth also says that Jesus will pray behind this dude.
    Islamic apocalypse is quite epic!

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,490
    Given: 13,031

1 Not allowed!

Its a honorable way of fighting but same time maybe preventing to move on forwards in the middle east.
    It's part of it, yes but the backwardness in the Middle East has a lot of different reasons. The first is that the Ottoman empire was stagnant and often was only a military power, it was different from the Ummyad, Abbassaid or even the Fatamid empires before it. They also not only warred with Europe but with Persia. After it's dismantlement, the French and British agreed to divide the Mideast between them and to put in puppet rulers. These puppet rulers often had to strain the intellectual classes and keep the majority in the dark, in order to prolong their reign and that of their descendants. Any Arab leader with nationalist aspiration is demonized and killed, in brutal manner, first was king Fisal who actually defied the U.S, Britain, and Israel or what happened in Iraq in 2003. Then a brain drain happened, and also many scientists, doctors, engineers ect were killed as part of the de-baathification, which was nothing more than to keep the nation intellectually backwards. These people often find themselves helping their host nations, well their own native nations suffer in the process, this why migration actually hurts both sides. Also there is some of the tribal/clannish mentality that has expressed itself is quite a brutal manner in both Iraq and Syria, but combined with religious fanaticism sadly. The dependence on oil was a major problem also.

Not one factor. I do believe with the right nationalist movement and the return of the educated elite the Mideast would progress back. Iraq before the wars was the most developed, advanced nation and was making in roads to industrialization, and had a powerful military. However the wars and the sanctions weakened and it regressed and people turned into tribalism and sectarianism. Iraq even had the best women rights in the region. Male and female scientists were brutally killed, which lead to a disaster. The educated elite left for Western Europe mostly Britain, U.S and Canada, with some going to the Gulf nations particularly Bahrain where they were given citizenship especially if they were Sunni Arabs, Oman after a long stay can receive it, and the UAE which it has imported educated and poor Sunni Bedouins from Iraq and also given them citizenship. Thus these people help their hosts and not their nation. It's pretty sad predicament. Baghdad was often nicknamed Tokyo of the East, before things went downhill. Despite this there is very little crime in Baghdad. You can be out at night and no one will harass or mug you, and people often help each other out, in that culture, and at times rarely expect to be rewarded.

Like I say I would rather die an honorable death, than be a slave with luxury.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information