Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I know, but uh, as a Baptist I accept all forms of Christianity as long as they continue to convey the message of Our Lord. God Bless you, and God Bless Jesus.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-07-2011 @ 06:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Ireland, England
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Efim45 View Post
    Ok, I don't want to argue about which Church is right or what God really wants us to do, as long as we all accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.
    We all? Why would you speak of us as a collective unit if you truly believe that Catholics worship statues etc? There really is no 'we all.' One either accepts the Church, or doesn't. You for example reject infant baptism, priestly confession, and the authority of the Pope. You also presumably believe in the Sola Fide and Sola Scriptura heresies.

So let's not speak as if the Catholic Church and the Southern Baptist Convention are somehow part of the same team.

For me personally, I don't like Catholicism
    Which is to be expected. The truth doesn't try to make friends.

"when you live your life for Jesus there is no reason to be sad", is my motto. So let's just stop the fighting that's been going on for hundreds of years and keep spreading the Gospel.
    I welcome you reconciling yourself to the Church (as all should).

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 06:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southwestern
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Portugal
    Country
    Portugal
    Taxonomy
    Portuguese
    Politics
    Portuguese
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

Well, maybe I do have a biased view, but I believe that everything in the bible is right. I don't believe in baptising children, they don't have a choice. There is no such thing as purgatory. Listening to every word an old German guy somewhere in Italy says is absurd.
    Agreed.

There is no such thing as a mortal sin, you can always be healed by the hand of God.
    Agreed.

We don't take crosses and kiss them and pray to them. We have a direct connection to God, not through some priest. We can confess our sins directly to God, not to some priest in a wooden box. Church doesn't have to be fancy, God hears all who call His name.

I agree too. So, the only religious difference between you and me is that you believe in the bible and I don't!

Last Online
    09-25-2023 @ 06:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Agreed.

Agreed.

I agree too. So, the only religious difference between you and me is that you believe in the bible and I don't!

Last Online
    05-15-2014 @ 10:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavo-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Anglo-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Michigan
    Politics
    Imperialismo Pagano
    Religion
    Hyperborea or Oblivion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Default An Aside

The assertion that

There is no such thing as a mortal sin, you can always be healed by the hand of God.
    cannot be true if

everything in the bible is right.
    given that

For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:4-6:6
    QED
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split."

-Robert E. Howard

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

I know Hindu funeral pyres are banned in Britain so I suppose Viking send-offs in burning ships would be out of the question.
    There needs to be more aggressive lobbying on this issue. It has already been proven that a goat corpse can be immolated and contained in the Hindu manner. A human corpse, with taking the proper precautions, can be contained as well.

Hindu and Muslim weddings (and so I assume 'heathen' weddings as well) are not considered valid in the UK until they are signed by a justice of the peace, whereas Anglicans and other Christians don't need to do this. I think it strange, since the government claims they are tolerant. Sounds like selective tolerance.

I wonder if in traditional private schools Hindus are forced to go to chapel?

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Last Online
    06-26-2022 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by celtabria View Post
    Just two questions. I thought about this the other day at a funeral where I was obliged to pay lip service to "god".

1. How do Germanic or any other Heathens get married? In a church paying lip service to Christianity, a civil ceremony or are there Heathen weddings?
    2. What about death? I know Hindu funeral pyres are banned in Britain so I suppose Viking send-offs in burning ships would be out of the question. So as heathens what are your beliefs on this? Would you get cremated or a burial and what where would you have burried or scattered (if cremated) your remains?

One thing that bothers me about Christianity though is the constant idolizing of "god" and how cringe-inducingly arse-licking the prayers are towards "god". If we were created by "god" then he must really have a ego problem.
    Also seeing the paintings on the wall of people dressed as Arabs and Muslims dress today was also not making me feel any more positive about Christianity either, it appears very Semitic to me and that is its origins.

So as you may be able to tell I'm interested in Germanic Heathenism but don't know where to start, I want to get back to a European religion.
    Pagan weddings are usually called handfastings. I've been to quite a few, and even conducted one myself, and all were completely different. About the only common factor was that the couple had their hands tied together and weren't allowed to untie them till they'd had a shag.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfhere View Post
    Pagan weddings are usually called handfastings. I've been to quite a few, and even conducted one myself, and all were completely different. About the only common factor was that the couple had their hands tied together and weren't allowed to untie them till they'd had a shag.
    Interesting.

Last Online
    07-18-2017 @ 02:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Nordid
    Politics
    Eurocentrism, Human rights, Anti-Putinism
    Hero
    The Mother Goddess
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 1,158

0 Not allowed!

In Bulgaria we have a very old pagan tradition called "ръковръзване" оr handfasting in english. The ceremonies were done mostly under the crown of some big and old tree, mostly oaks, cause they are sacred for us. The pre-christian funerals here were burning the body surrounded mostly with one bush called "чемшир" and "здравец" and flowers, we also had many funeral songs, the more "new" way was used mostly for the rich or noble peoples, their bodies were buried in tombs or "могили" together with their wives and horses.
    До твоя олтар утъпкана пътека води...

Let virtue distinguish the brave

Last Online
    05-07-2011 @ 06:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Irish/German
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

There were many ways of death for the Norse. Some of the ones that i know of are: being burnt(cremated) with anything you need to travel into the next afterlife including sacrifices such as animals and even sometimes humans and then being dumped into the sea or buried into the Earth. Another way is to be buried under ground with all of your stuff that you would need (sometimes including ships)...I think that facing east means rebirth..Not sure what other directions are, but that's a worldwide tradition.

Sorry, i forgot about funerals...try using Google.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information