Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Is high vaulted and high skulled the same thing?

  1. #11
    Veteran Member The Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Germanic/Scythian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Faelid/Corded
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Posts
    10,768
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6,535/70
    Given: 5,392/128

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    High-vaulted and high-skulled are the same thing.
    And hypsicranic means high-skulled (the height being equal to 75 or higher percent of the length).
    Hypsicranic =/= brachycephalic.
    Alpinids are brachycephalic and low-skulled to medium-skulled (because of less flat occiput and small head height).
    Corded Nordids are often lowly hypsicranic because of impressive head height despite having prominent occiput.
    Being dumb is only painful for others because you don't know you are.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member Jolsonaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    Not sure
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Rio Grande do Sul
    Taxonomy
    Don't know
    Hero
    GreentheViper
    Religion
    Berkan
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Posts
    7,780
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,334/142
    Given: 21,393/239

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    If you believe the 23andme who says we originated millions of years ago in Africa? Which is a complete lie. The Haplogroups are probably bunk too. We all come from Noah's 3 sons.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Veslan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Location
    Poland
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Central Polish
    Ancestry
    Corded-Beaker mix.
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Masovia
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    U4
    Taxonomy
    Noric
    Politics
    Communists, Germans and Jews have no place behind the eastern bank of Łaba river
    Gender
    Posts
    1,710
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 764/60
    Given: 347/155

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Yes

  4. #14
    Veteran Member Jolsonaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    Not sure
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Rio Grande do Sul
    Taxonomy
    Don't know
    Hero
    GreentheViper
    Religion
    Berkan
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Posts
    7,780
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,334/142
    Given: 21,393/239

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veslan View Post
    Yes
    Thanks. Can you explain what is high vaulted? And what is hipsycrany?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    If you believe the 23andme who says we originated millions of years ago in Africa? Which is a complete lie. The Haplogroups are probably bunk too. We all come from Noah's 3 sons.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 01:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pontic Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Gender
    Posts
    5,443
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,253/186
    Given: 2,420/118

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    Thanks. Can you explain what is high vaulted? And what is hipsycrany?
    Its the same thing pretty much!

    Pontids, atlantomeds, Corded,saharid, iranid are High vaulted.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member Jolsonaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    Not sure
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Rio Grande do Sul
    Taxonomy
    Don't know
    Hero
    GreentheViper
    Religion
    Berkan
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Posts
    7,780
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,334/142
    Given: 21,393/239

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Livin View Post
    Its the same thing pretty much!

    Pontids, atlantomeds, Corded,saharid, iranid are High vaulted.
    Ok but what is hipsycrany?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    If you believe the 23andme who says we originated millions of years ago in Africa? Which is a complete lie. The Haplogroups are probably bunk too. We all come from Noah's 3 sons.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 11:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Alemannic, Gallic
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Posts
    124
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 52/0
    Given: 21/0

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    Ok but what is hipsycrany?
    Hypsicrany refers to a high height-length index of the skull.

    Height-length index is based on the preposition of skull height to skull length.

    According to humanphenotypes a skull where height is at least 75% of length (thus at least a height length index of 75) is hypsicranic.

    The actual vault of your skull is an absolute measurement, while the height length index is a proportion.

    So there is defiantly a strong correlation between being high-vaulted and being hypsicranic, but it is in theory possible to be high-vaulted without being hypsicranic.

    When a type is high-vaulted it means high compared to other types, not compared to skull length.
    If a type is hypsicranic the ratio of height to length is higher than other types.

    If someone were to have a relatively high but a much longer skull, that person would be high-vaulted but not hypsicranic.

    High-vaulted and high skulked are equivalent terms out of themselves, but difference comes when you consider height in an absolute sense or as relative to length.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 01:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pontic Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Gender
    Posts
    5,443
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,253/186
    Given: 2,420/118

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rieder View Post
    Hypsicrany refers to a high height-length index of the skull.

    Height-length index is based on the preposition of skull height to skull length.

    According to humanphenotypes a skull where height is at least 75% of length (thus at least a height length index of 75) is hypsicranic.

    The actual vault of your skull is an absolute measurement, while the height length index is a proportion.

    So there is defiantly a strong correlation between being high-vaulted and being hypsicranic, but it is in theory possible to be high-vaulted without being hypsicranic.

    When a type is high-vaulted it means high compared to other types, not compared to skull length.
    If a type is hypsicranic the ratio of height to length is higher than other types.

    If someone were to have a relatively high but a much longer skull, that person would be high-vaulted but not hypsicranic.

    High-vaulted and high skulked are equivalent terms out of themselves, but difference comes when you consider height in an absolute sense or as relative to length.
    This.

  9. #19
    Veteran Member Jolsonaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    Not sure
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Rio Grande do Sul
    Taxonomy
    Don't know
    Hero
    GreentheViper
    Religion
    Berkan
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Posts
    7,780
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,334/142
    Given: 21,393/239

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    If you believe the 23andme who says we originated millions of years ago in Africa? Which is a complete lie. The Haplogroups are probably bunk too. We all come from Noah's 3 sons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What do high-vaulted and low-vaulted mean?
    By bullseye in forum Taxonomy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2018, 11:31 PM
  2. low-vaulted vs high-vaulted?
    By markboli in forum Taxonomy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2018, 12:25 PM
  3. What is the proper name of high skulled Gracile Med?
    By bullseye in forum Anthropology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2018, 08:58 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2017, 01:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •