Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,946
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Dude, Jesus basically saying 'fuck off' after giving someone a taste of heaven and sending them to hell is like one of three templates of these stories. When it comes to the details they're always very different from each other. It indicates they've personalized their own take of the story line whether they're aware of it or not.

For example, if I was to die and see Jesus it probably be like Jesus approaching me from a light and saying, 'Sup, bro? You are ready for some illin' and chillin' for being a total bro? And if he was to reject me it be like, 'Sorry, dude. Heaven is for total bros only. So like fuck off or whatever.'
    But don't you see, that the exact reason these people were sent back is to be a witness to the rest of us. And there are plenty of people who have repented and become followers of Jesus after hearing one of these testimonies, and being touched in the heart by it. The Holy Spirit would use these testimonies to speak to people's hearts... so if you feel him tugging at your heart, do not reject his voice or harden your heart... it is God speaking to you. And an opportunity for you to get right with God. Contrary to what you might have thought, God isn't going to appeal to your intellect as much as speaking to your heart.

God blessed me with a bullshit detector. I look into people's tales like a detective rather than someone looking to believe. For example, I like Jesse Ventura and don't like how his name was dragged through the mud by a lie (the Chris Kyle bullshit). However, even though I like the man he has thrown around some bullshit also. He implied heavily that he saw combat during the Vietnam War in a behind the scenes interview while filming the movie Predator. He never saw combat.

I look into shit. It's what I do. I'm my mother's child. She taught me to be wary of everyone's song and dance.
    I can only conclude that your bullshit detector is in need of an upgrade or service.
    Last edited by Loki; 11-05-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It is relevant to the discussion. I notice two types of Christians: those who are afraid of hell and that's why they're Christians and those who like the over all message of Christianity. You're constantly talking about hell. Whether your obsession with hell is to motivate people to accept Jesus as their Lord & Savior is actually irrelevant. It indicates your supposed love of Jesus is fear based. All these videos you have been posting about people supposedly going to heaven and hell is to use the fear of death to manipulate people. It's easier to scare people into believing something then to show the good that comes from believing in something.
    No, I amend my messages to adapt to the type of community I am in. For example, if it was a community of many Christians, I wouldn't have talked about hell much. But I think it is very relevant to this community, for the reason that people generally don't believe in an afterlife here heaven or hell. So I feel the need to inform them.. it really is important. Did you know that Jesus talked more about hell than he did about heaven? If Jesus talked about hell a lot, I reckon it's pretty important. He wanted to warn people not to go there, because he had compassion on the people. For the same reason, I am motivated to talk about hell. Of what benefit would it be to you, if I talked about a whole lot of other stuff, and you didn't know about hell, and ended up there? Wouldn't I have failed then to warn you about it? I feel it is my duty, and I really do care... it is not for myself that I am doing this.

I can talk about more pleasant things. But would that be truthful to reality? Isn't this an extremely important topic? You know... the vast majority of people are going to hell. And I bet most of them would be resentful when that happens, and they would ask "why didn't anyone tell me about this??? why???". In that moment they will not be thinking about theological dogma, or whether the pope should wear white or red.

I don't want to scare you. I want to warn you. But fact of the matter is, it IS scary to think of it... I honestly can't imagine how it would be to be in hell.. and know that it is forever. It is almost too frightening to comprehend.

You certainly don't live in peace. You always come across on this forum as strung out. I'd say your turn towards Christianity (in the weird way) has much to do with some personal turmoil you've struggled over and Christianity (in the weird way) is a new road you've taken to deal with it.

I'm in awe of life, too. It's beautiful. Sometimes I walk through a wooded area or look out into the ocean and feel the building up of joy inside me like a volcano about to burst and I'm overwhelmed with happiness. I assume at that point I look like a psychopath with a big grin on my face to other people.
    Hmm.. no, I'm afraid you read me wrong. I really am at peace. And I haven't been as much at peace for over 10 years... the peace and joy are on the inside. And I have hope for the future. It makes a huge difference to life... you can ask Thordis, she is my witness that I'm telling the truth.
    Last edited by Loki; 11-05-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Nvm

Banned
    Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 04:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,038

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't want to scare you. I want to warn you. But fact of the matter is, it IS scary to think of it... I honestly can't imagine how it would be to be in hell.. and know that it is forever. It is almost too frightening to comprehend.
    What denomination are you? In Orthodoxy, it is almost impossible to get to heaven. To get to heaven, pray forever and confess regularly.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vjatych View Post
    What denomination are you? In Orthodoxy, it is almost impossible to get to heaven. To get to heaven, pray forever and confess regularly.
    That's some heretical point of view. We're saved by Christ only, for a person himself it's impossible (just with good deeds etc). Confession is just one of Sacraments, the other one is Eucharist, the true Blood and the Flesh of Christ.

Eucharist is communion of the soul to the higher nature and in it to eternal life. Reducing this greatest mystery to the realm of the everyday image, we can compare Communion with the "nourishment" of the soul, which it should receive after its "birth" in the Sacrament of Baptism. And just as a person is born into the world once in the flesh, and then eats until the end of life, so Baptism is a one-time event, and we should resort to Communion regularly, preferably at least once a month, perhaps more often. A "hungry" regime can put the soul on the brink of survival.

There is everything in Orthodox Church for salvation provided directly by Christ. Everything else is a choice of a person, does he want to be saved or not.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 04:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,038

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    That's some heretical point of view.
    No. The main thing in Orthodoxy is to belong to the church. Good deeds - do not count. The main thing is confession and communion. If you are very sinful, you can only be cleansed by confession in the church before the priests. If you don't do evil to people, you will still be sinful. Because, perhaps, you envied someone or committed mental adultery with an attractive woman passing by. All this is a sin with which you will never get to heaven. We need a mandatory confession and communion. If you die without confessing, you will go to hell.

In Orthodoxy, there is also no purgatory - a temporary hell where you atone for minor sins. We go straight to hell.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

0 Not allowed!

No. The main thing in Orthodoxy is to belong to the church. Good deeds, deeds do not count. The main thing is confession and communion. If you are very sinful, you can only be cleansed by confession in the church before the priests. If you don't do evil to people, you will still be sinful. Because, perhaps, you envied someone or committed mental adultery with an attractive woman passing by. All this is a sin with which you will never get to heaven. We need a mandatory confession and communion. If you die without confessing, you will go to hell.
    There's nothing automatic in Orthodoxy, confessing shows your readiness with a priest as witness, at front of God to give up sins. Then goes a repentance, which often considering doing opposite things to the sinful past. Good deeds do not save themselves. The Holy Fathers teach that salvation consists in the return of communion with God, and that all good deeds performed according to the Gospel are means of combating passions, purifying and changing the soul in God, acquiring God's grace, the Holy Spirit, becoming like God, which is the salvation of man. A person can, with the help of God, leave mortal sins and never repeat them again, but any person sins to death, in a small way, and awareness of his sinfulness is necessary, as is grinding, burning with fire in the sacraments. Those who consider themselves sinless, will fall in sins worse than they had before it.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

Cherry picking from Victor’s posts:

“communion of the soul to the higher nature”
    “purifying the soul in God”
    “salvation provided directly by Christ”. (Awakening to ‘Christ Consciousness’, hence the on-the-spot repentance …)
    “Changing the soul in God” in order to acquire/receive God's Grace, the Holy Spirit.

That pretty much, I trust - is the “born again” (not in conceptual belief only but) real experience …

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

From the net at a glance:

“According to Bishop Michael Pfeifer of the Catholic Diocese of San Angelo, Texas, bells were meant to symbolize God's voice calling the people to prayer, to church services and to Christ.”

Bells call us to Christ …. not to the buildings here on earth. Christ will provide an eternal structure for us in heaven”.

Then Christ came ringing the bells of Heaven saying, Come unto me ….

(Is there such a verse?)

At times I collect images of paintings and here is an old one I have carried with me a long time called “Klokkerne” (The Bells) by a Danish painter Johannes Weise:

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If you really get to know Jesus, praying and confession would be an absolute joy to you, not a burden

I'm not Orthodox, but I believe in the same main Christian doctrine. You don't have to be Orthodox to go to heaven, but you do need to know Jesus and follow him.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information