Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which is better to be taken along with an antidepresant for relieving depression: Xanax or Klonopin?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-03-2023 @ 02:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Med + Taurid (The Blade , Cybernautic , Eggyolk, Pribislav ,Commonsense,Kimbo)
    Politics
    ***! SALUTE TO THE WEST ASIAN RACE ! ***
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,515
    Given: 15,680

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I've taken citalopram (cipramil) on and off over the years but I stopped taking it in February this year after taking it consistently for several years after leaving hospital.

However, I restarted the pills a few days ago and since then I can't eat much. My appetite has completely gone. I do so much walking - but yet I can only eat a small sandwich a day with vitamin pills.

I feel confused if the lack of appetite is due to clinical depression or due to the medication?

I definitely find that sleeping pills and prescription painkillers eases anxiety attacks.

I think citalopram is better than most other SSRI's I've tried in the past, such as prozac.

But works for me may not work for someone else.
    hmm it is a good question if it is the citalopram taking away your appetite . it is possible . but if you are depressed these days it could also be the depression . just look how it goes ...also tell your doc about it

I took prozac and it was somehow good but I also felt weird . I stopped taking it one year ago and the months after were the worst months in my whole life . I fell into psychosis even and now I am taking antipsychotics at night (which I will probably quit taking after this month)

I will never take prozac again . but I would take citalopram again

I am doing pretty good with effexor though

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadouken View Post
    hmm it is a good question if it is the citalopram taking away your appetite . it is possible . but if you are depressed these days it could also be the depression . just look how it goes ...also tell your doc about it

I took prozac and it was somehow good but I also felt weird . I stopped taking it one year ago and the months after were the worst months in my whole life . I fell into psychosis even and now I am taking antipsychotics at night (which I will probably quit taking after this month)

I will never take prozac again . but I would take citalopram again

I am doing pretty good with effexor though
    I'm due to attend a meeting with several doctors next week regarding a relapse in clinical depression after coping fine all through the spring and summer this year without medications. I don't know if it's due to the change of weather (S.A.D./Winter Blues) that's caused a relapse of symptoms. I just know it's important to see doctors as soon as the warning signs emerge before letting things get so bad to the point of being hospitalised again.

I bought a meal the other day in a cafe as I was feeling weak, paid Ł15 for it... and just picked at it and struggled to eat much. I only managed to eat 1/4 of the meal. What a waste of money. Can't eat breakfast at the moment, can't eat dinner, can only eat a light lunch.

I feel a bit dazed and confused and shaky... yet kind of doped too. Disinterested in things around me that I used to enjoy, unresponsiveness at times, reluctance to talk to people much, etc. I still enjoy vaping though and I still like walking a lot and being around animals each day.

I had a severe anxiety attack one morning last week and couldn't stop worrying and panicking about every little thing. It was a horrible experience and I knew it was time to restart medication, plus I was feeling extremely depressed and very irritable with things around me over the previous weeks... especially Islamisation in my country which was making me feel suicidal and wanting to move away. (I still think I want to move away but the medication is helping me to cope at the moment.)

I took a prescription painkiller and felt very chilled and calm again afterwards. I need antidepressants to cope with the situation in my country to not let the news and Islamisation make me feel depressed. Things in life don't bother me much when I'm medicated.

People can tell me there's a problem or something has happened, such as 'a fire happened at this house yesterday'... and I'll just quietly and casually say 'yeah' ... and then have to force myself to make the effort to speak and say 'that's bad'... as my concentration isn't as sharp at the moment and I'm experiencing apathy again and not really feeling much, (apathetic.)

I wish you well. (I've never had psychosis but I'd imagine that's difficult.)
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-06-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 07:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Constantinople and Thessaloniki
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    J2
    Taxonomy
    DinaroMed
    Politics
    Monarchy
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,720
    Given: 1,142

0 Not allowed!

Just advise your doctor.

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm due to attend a meeting with several doctors next week regarding a relapse in clinical depression after coping fine all through the spring and summer this year without medications. I don't know if it's due to the change of weather (S.A.D./Winter Blues) that's caused a relapse of symptoms. I just know it's important to see doctors as soon as the warning signs emerge before letting things get so bad to the point of being hospitalised again.

I bought a meal the other day in a cafe as I was feeling weak, paid Ł15 for it... and just picked at it and struggled to eat much. I only managed to eat 1/4 of the meal. What a waste of money. Can't eat breakfast at the moment, can't eat dinner, can only eat a light lunch.

I feel a bit dazed and confused and shaky... yet kind of doped too. Disinterested in things around me that I used to enjoy, unresponsiveness at times, reluctance to talk to people much, etc. I still enjoy vaping though and I still like walking a lot and being around animals each day.

I had a severe anxiety attack one morning last week and couldn't stop worrying and panicking about every little thing. It was a horrible experience and I knew it was time to restart medication, plus I was feeling extremely depressed and very irritable with things around me over the previous weeks... especially Islamisation in my country which was making me feel suicidal and wanting to move away. (I still think I want to move away but the medication is helping me to cope at the moment.)

I took a prescription painkiller and felt very chilled and calm again afterwards. I need antidepressants to cope with the situation in my country to not let the news and Islamisation make me feel depressed. Things in life don't bother me much when I'm medicated.

People can tell me there's a problem or something has happened, such as 'a fire happened at this house yesterday'... and I'll just quietly and casually say 'yeah' ... and then have to force myself to make the effort to speak and say 'that's bad'... as my concentration isn't as sharp at the moment and I'm experiencing apathy again and not really feeling much, (apathetic.)

I wish you well. (I've never had psychosis but I'd imagine that's difficult.)
    well my case is the opposite . I love to eat and can eat a lot . and medication usually makes me fat . I gained 20kg or so on seroquel .....and have only lost some of it

I also had panic attacks they are extremely hard . but nothing tops psychosis ....that shit is crazy . I am a lot less psychotic now . I think my psychosis came mostly because I quit prozac too quickly but maybe there was another reason dunno

how does islamization of your country make you so depressed ? do people bother you in your daily life ? man I hate those "muslims" who make islam look bad ....fucking imbeciles ....real islam itself is so different than what many of those motherfuckers preach

btw. I would like to quit medication for good but I am scared to become psychotic again or get panic attacks again . but when I take meds I dont look as good as I would without them which depresses me . what shall I do ? for real ....I will see my doc on 19. this month and I will tell him I feel like a fat fuck and my sex drive is also a bit lowered etc. it just sucks

with meds it doesnt work but without them it doesnt work either . may god help us

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

well my case is the opposite . I love to eat and can eat a lot . and medication usually makes me fat . I gained 20kg or so on seroquel .....and have only lost some of it

I also had panic attacks they are extremely hard . but nothing tops psychosis ....that shit is crazy . I am a lot less psychotic now . I think my psychosis came mostly because I quit prozac too quickly but maybe there was another reason dunno

how does islamization of your country make you so depressed ? do people bother you in your daily life ? man I hate those "muslims" who make islam look bad ....fucking imbeciles ....real islam itself is so different than what many of those motherfuckers preach

btw. I would like to quit medication for good but I am scared to become psychotic again or get panic attacks again . but when I take meds I dont look as good as I would without them which depresses me . what shall I do ? for real ....I will see my doc on 19. this month and I will tell him I feel like a fat fuck and my sex drive is also a bit lowered etc. it just sucks

with meds it doesnt work but without them it doesnt work either . may god help us
    It's interesting. I've seen some people who are very overweight due to their medications and other people who are underweight due to medications. I guess it depends on the medication and the way each different person responds to the effects.

As for Islamisation... it gets me feeling down as we've been taken over by them. I find it draining and mentally exhausting to explain it all and it's very depressing even thinking about it. We're being heavily colonised. (People try to retort that the British were colonists - but we're actually the ones who stayed at home on our own island... and my ancestors didn't leave this land to take over anyone elses culture and land.)

I feel like a foreigner and an alien in my own country (most of the people I encounter each day are foreign and most people here are speaking in foreign languages, the food in the shops here is mostly foreign, most of the females I walk past are wearing burkas and hijabs - and they look at females who don't wear head coverings in a bad way and make me feel uncomfortable in my own country,) and I feel culturally lost and isolated from my own culture as there's not many English people left here.

I don't mind a few foreign people being here;- but we're being taken over so much and I feel like a minority. It makes me feel very distressed and agitated, and I'm not overreacting nor being hysterical... you should see for yourself what it's like here in Central London.

I also feel oppressed and that also makes me feel depressed - as I can't tell doctors what is bothering and upsetting me so much as it's not politically-correct. Looking at the news makes me feel very agitated and depressed too.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-07-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

It's interesting. I've seen some people who are very overweight due to their medications and other people who are underweight due to medications. I guess it depends on the medication and the way each different person responds to the effects.

As for Islamisation... it gets me feeling down when I walk outside and we've been taken over by them. I feel exhausted to explain it all, but it's very depressing even thinking about it. I feel like a foreigner in my own country and lost.
    well I can understand you of course ....when you have so many foreigners in your country

--

what medication have you lost weight ? I somehow have the feeling that all of them make fat . at least for me that is the case and I hate it

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

well I can understand you of course ....when you have so many foreigners in your country

--

what medication have you lost weight ? I somehow have the feeling that all of them make fat . at least for me that is the case and I hate it
    Citalopram. I was 8 stone and 4 pounds before medication (my weight has often been the same (8.4 stone) and stable for many years) and now I've fallen to 7st 6lbs. (I'm from the U.K. and I've no idea what weight means in kilos as we still use the imperial system for weight... but on a conversion calculator 7.6 stone = 48.26 kilos.) The lowest it's fallen though was just below 6 stone, so I feel fine at the moment.

Mind you, I've always had a very strict diet, (I'm a fussy eater and very disciplined and strong-minded against weight gain,) and also I do a lot of walking each day too. So long as you eat less calories than what you burn off each day (and also carefully watch the fats, dairy products, sugars, salts, etc... make the diet mostly veg, a small amount of fish, and some grains/rice,) and drink plenty of water and vitamin supplements... and you won't gain weight.

But I'm not intentionally avoiding breakfast and dinner at the moment (I used to live on one meal a day for over a year and felt fine when I had no appetite)... it's just that my appetite has genuinely diminished.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-07-2018 at 12:45 AM.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up