Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This Demon Summoning Cell Phone Can Access The Dead—Literally!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,943
    Given: 45,034

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It was not the denial of the supernatural that I was 'celebrating', for lack of a better term. It was more a testimonial to her overall objective outlook on many issues.
    But in this specific issue discussed, my point stands. I.e. regarding life after death. There's ample evidence for it, far more than there is for darwinian evolution, for example.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Don't worry, never attempted to practice what was in there. It was just for cultural purposes.
    "Cultural purposes" lol. There's a lot of Satanic occultism in Latin America, and it is a legacy of the Maya, Inca, etc spiritualities.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-30-2018 @ 05:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    R1a-M458 "West-Slavic" L1029+
    mtDNA
    N1b2 "Ashkenazi, Bedouin, Mazandaran"
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid spectrum + some CM and Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,170
    Given: 10,023

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    But in this specific issue discussed, my point stands. I.e. regarding life after death. There's ample evidence for it, far more than there is for darwinian evolution, for example.
    I understand. And I am not here to challenge you on that at all.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I'm actually surprised that you don't believe demons are real and exist. One day you will find out that they do, I can assure you of that.

And for a nurse to believe there is no afterlife... is also a bit surprising. I guess you haven't had much to go with wards where old people die often. Nurses that have, tell all sorts of things...
    For the past 15 years I work wards with the highest mortality rates because no-one else likes being involved in so much death. I don't have problems being involved in death on a daily basis, which I am. They call people like me the 'gatekeepers', because when it is time we throw open the gates to the "other side". Dying is a very active process but I won't go into it for fear of boring everyone because it's actually my favourite topic, and the topic of my thesis. I can ramble on about it forever.

I've never seen someone step out of their body, or go back into it for that matter. I haven't seen souls or unexplained lights appear. Unless there is a chance that I've never been privy to such a performance because I was too busy unlocking the gates to 'afterlife' to witness it. It is a frequent topic for discussion in the hospital and none of my colleagues have witnessed anything strange either.

You don't need to believe in an afterlife to work with death on a daily basis. My experience of death is that I view it as the culmination of life. It is fascinating to witness death, and the physical processes involved which taper off slowly, step but step, until the body finally dies. Once the body has died, my job is to inform the family, contact the doctor and get the funeral services in to collect the body. I've never seen anything peculiar happen. Maybe because I don't expect to see anything, and they keep the drama for those who do.

A critical thinker, like Mark says, does the following:

Critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and rationally about what to do or what to believe. It includes the ability to engage in reflective and independent thinking. Someone with critical thinking skills is able to do the following :

1. understand the logical connections between ideas
    2. identify, construct and evaluate arguments
    3. detect inconsistencies and common mistakes in reasoning
    4. solve problems systematically
    5. identify the relevance and importance of ideas
    6. reflect on the justification of one's own beliefs and values

Critical thinking is not a matter of accumulating information. A person with a good memory and who knows a lot of facts is not necessarily good at critical thinking. A critical thinker is able to deduce consequences from what he knows, and he knows how to make use of information to solve problems, and to seek relevant sources of information to inform himself.

Critical thinking should not be confused with being argumentative or being critical of other people. Although critical thinking skills can be used in exposing fallacies and bad reasoning, critical thinking can also play an important role in cooperative reasoning and constructive tasks. Critical thinking can help us acquire knowledge, improve our theories, and strengthen arguments. We can use critical thinking to enhance work processes and improve social institutions.

Some people believe that critical thinking hinders creativity because it requires following the rules of logic and rationality, but creativity might require breaking rules. This is a misconception. Critical thinking is quite compatible with thinking "out-of-the-box", challenging consensus and pursuing less popular approaches. If anything, critical thinking is an essential part of creativity because we need critical thinking to evaluate and improve our creative ideas.

I am trained in critical thinking. It's part of the process of being a researcher. I don't take things at face value. They need to be investigated, compared, quantified, scientifically proven. Critical thinking is important in the formulation of new ideas. I don't lap up any old ideas on the basis of "we've always done it this way so from now on we should do it that way too". I work with empirical evidence. I take a positivist approach to research to research:

Positivism also holds that society, like the physical world, operates according to general laws. Introspective and intuitive knowledge is rejected, as are metaphysics and theology because metaphysical and theological claims cannot be verified by sense experience. Although the positivist approach has been a recurrent theme in the history of western thought, the modern sense of the approach was formulated by the philosopher Auguste Comte in the early 19th century. Comte argued that, much as the physical world operates according to gravity and other absolute laws, so does society, and further developed positivism into a Religion of Humanity.

This is the stance which I take to all matters in life.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post

I've never seen someone step out of their body, or go back into it for that matter. I haven't seen souls or unexplained lights appear.
    But of course. That's because the spirit world is unseen to the physical eye.

When you die, your spirit separates from your body, and is eventually guided to its eternal destination -- which is either with Jesus, or in hell. That's because so many people with near-death experiences testify to the fact. And they usually get really frustrated when some people tell them it was just a realistic dream, or some bizarre function of brain chemicals. Because it's the truth. Aside from NDE's, many people have been shown visions of the afterlife by God. It is certainly what will happen to each and everyone of us when we die. There is no escape from that. This life you go through in the physical, is merely a phase... a preparatory phase that will separate the sheep from the goats, eventually. By default, everyone will go to hell. That is why Jesus came to save us from it. Those who accept Jesus as their saviour, will not go there, and be spared of the horrible torment that lies ahead for every human being who hasn't accepted him.

As for critical thinking, I think you're not fully understanding what it means. Because you're not making all the logical connections that are possible, but you limit yourself in certain cases due to a certain anti-God/anti-spiritual bias in this case. You basically argue that three dimensions that you can immediately perceive with your eyes is all there is. But it isn't. You do not take into account that we as humans cannot perceive certain things with our natural senses.

An example: if you explained electricity and electrical equipment to a tribal person a few hundred years ago, without showing it for him to actually see, he likely wouldn't believe you, and think you are just talking fantasy. And, in his mind, he would be a "critical thinker". And he would be right. In his limited reality. But there is a greater reality that he doesn't know about yet. The same with the spiritual... it's the same principle.
    Last edited by Loki; 11-06-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information