Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naturalidade vs Ancestralidade?

El_Jibaro

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    He is a direct descendant must have much influence from Italians in the family. I know direct descendants here in the south of Brazil as Germans and Slavs they do not have the same behavior as I for example ...
    Oh, sorry for such a late reply. I didn't get a notification.

Hmm, well her grandparents all speak Venetian, and they cook the food, etc, but they are mostly just a regular Argentine family. Of course being of Italian descent in Buenos Aires is very common, so its not a big deal. Like, if you speak with her grandparents who arrived in Bs.As roughly around 1940-1960 they will tell you everybody was either Spanish or Italian there. I feel like Argentina is perhaps very different to Brazil in this regard. For example most of my friends in Argentina have Italian surnames but nobody talks about Italy, and I'm only talking about the fact my wife has Italian descent because I am on a European cultural community forum, otherwise she/we don't really care about it.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Jibaro View Post
    As roughly around 1940-1960 they will tell you everybody was either Spanish or Italian there. I feel like Argentina is perhaps very different to Brazil in this regard. For example most of my friends in Argentina have Italian surnames but nobody talks about Italy, and I'm only talking about the fact my wife has Italian descent because I am on a European cultural community forum, otherwise she/we don't really care about it.
    That's not what I meant, not is deny the country of birth in relation to the country of origin. It's a family upbringing that is inherited from your parents.
    Many Poles and Ukrainians in southern Brazil would barely be able to point out their countries of origin on a map, but they have a lot of influence from their ancestors.

The difference between southern Brazil and Argentina is that in Argentina they received many urban immigrants, in Brazil most of them were farmers...
    Last edited by luc2112; 07-26-2021 at 03:33 PM.

El_Jibaro

0 Not allowed!

That's not what I meant, not is deny the country of birth in relation to the country of origin. It's a family upbringing that is inherited from your parents.
    Many Poles and Ukrainians in southern Brazil would barely be able to point out their countries of origin on a map, but they have a lot of influence from their ancestors.

The difference between southern brazil and argentina is that in Argentina they received many urban immigrants in Brazil most of them were farmers...
    There is some influence, sure, like I mentioned with the language and food but at the same time they all just feel 100% Argentines. Even her four grandparents born in Veneto feel more Argentine than Italian at this point. I know in Brazil there are isolated communities of Veneziani and Lombardi, but in Argentina that would be really weird. I think it has to do with the amount of immigrants Argentina received in XX century. For example, in 1914 something like ~40% of the Argentine population was foreign born. If they had isolated themselves then half of the country would have lived isolated from the other half which is fucking stupid

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

I know in Brazil there are isolated communities of Veneziani and Lombardi, but in Argentina that would be really weird. I think it has to do with the amount of immigrants Argentina received in XX century. For example, in 1914 something like ~40% of the Argentine population was foreign born. If they had isolated themselves then half of the country would have lived isolated from the other half which is fucking stupid
    They are not isolated, but they founded cities in the interior of Brazil, in fact there was no other influence.
    In Argentina you will find something similar with the Germans who immigrated to be farmers in the country's interior.

Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Portuguese (North and Azores) Italian (Veneto) Native and SSA minor
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,745
    Given: 749

1 Not allowed!

There is some influence, sure, like I mentioned with the language and food but at the same time they all just feel 100% Argentines. Even her four grandparents born in Veneto feel more Argentine than Italian at this point. I know in Brazil there are isolated communities of Veneziani and Lombardi, but in Argentina that would be really weird. I think it has to do with the amount of immigrants Argentina received in XX century. For example, in 1914 something like ~40% of the Argentine population was foreign born. If they had isolated themselves then half of the country would have lived isolated from the other half which is fucking stupid

It's not exactly isolated, they became just farmers in the interior, so much so that my Italian great-grandfather married my great-grandmother who was a Brazilian of colonial origin from the interior of the state of São Paulo, even today if you go to cities in the interior of the state of São Paulo, you will see that out of every 10 farmers at least 5 are of Italian descent.

And Brazil and Argentina received practically the same number of European immigrants, but as Argentina has a smaller population and a smaller country, it seems that they received more.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,665
    Given: 5,623

1 Not allowed!

Creio que a partir da segunda geração de imigrantes a naturalidade assume preponderância. Os laços com a ancestralidade diluem-se com o tempo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

El_Jibaro

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    It's not exactly isolated, they became just farmers in the interior, so much so that my Italian great-grandfather married my great-grandmother who was a Brazilian of colonial origin from the interior of the state of São Paulo, even today if you go to cities in the interior of the state of São Paulo, you will see that out of every 10 farmers at least 5 are of Italian descent.

And Brazil and Argentina received practically the same number of European immigrants, but as Argentina has a smaller population and a smaller country, it seems that they received more.
    Oh, I didn't know . I'm not that knowledgeable about Brazilian history. I know way more about Argentina than any other country when it comes to South America.

El_Jibaro

0 Not allowed!

They are not isolated, but they founded cities in the interior of Brazil, in fact there was no other influence.
    In Argentina you will find something similar with the Germans who immigrated to be farmers in the country's interior.
    True, but Germans are also a huge minority in Argentina compared to Spanish and Italian descents.

I didn't know that about the interior cities in Brazil.
    Last edited by El_Jibaro; 07-26-2021 at 05:20 PM.

El_Jibaro

0 Not allowed!

True, but Germans are a huge minority in Argentina compared to Spanish and Italian descents.
    Also, many of them are not proper german descendants, but volgian-german descendants, they have a german basis genetically speaking, yes, but also they have some mix which makes them a little distinct...

Banned
    Last Online
    04-02-2023 @ 02:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pantanal Pathfinder
    Country
    North-Korea
    Politics
    Ethnonationalism and Eugenics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,358
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

Ancestralidade, com certeza.

Naturalidade diz absolutamente nada sobre alguém, me sinto muito mais familiarizado com um Basco ou Catalão do que com um brasileiro de ancestralidade eslava ou libanesa, por exemplo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information