Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Does your religion/faith tell that people who have another religion go to hell?

♡✞♕✝♕✞♡
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    💕
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 844
    Given: 357

2 Not allowed!

If those who rejected Christ would be allowed a place in heaven, then his sacrifice for humanity would be rendered obsolete. It is the same logic as in the case of allowing those who never heard the gospel in heaven for this reason. Then all humanity had to do was to make sure nobody knew of Jesus, as this would be the easier way to gain salvation than investing in missionary work.

It doesn't work that way though. From the very beginning, Christians have invested in missionary work precisely because they understood the importance of God's word. The Bible called them to spread the gospel throughout the nations, and the Bible makes it clear that it is Jesus who is the key to salvation. Jesus Himself said that "no one comes to the Father but through Me". (John 14:6)

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Of course you will find all sorts of people, Christians and non-Christians alike, who will claim otherwise. About 2 years ago, the Vatican published a video of Pope Francis uniting the religions of the world. Pope Benedict XVI made a similar statement in a speech: "Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith." And of course it's tempting to tell people that their relatives are in heaven in order to slightly alleviate their suffering. However, all this does not change the truth. Only by accepting God's grace through the sacrifice of His only Son Jesus Christ can people be saved from their sins and rescued from an eternity apart from God. What those who say otherwise have done is to made up their own god and adjusted him to correspond to their own relaities, principles and beliefs.

As far as being a good person, one may very well be according to their own standards (or society's), and compared to other people they may well be a saint; however, the standard is God's law, not other people. And God's standards are of moral perfection, he sees sin as something very serious. Here is some food for thought:

The nicest guy you've ever met, the one who opens doors, helps old ladies cross the street, saves kittens and gives to the poor and yet he has still transgressed God's law, and many times. He is a sinner, like the rest of us, and like the rest of us, he will have to account for all his sins on judgment day. "For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:14)

Now of course God could forgive him, as God is merciful and loving, but He is also a fair and just God. A fair judge would not let someone who is guilty of a crime off the hook because they are generally a good person. Justice demands that one answers for their crimes, and God is a holy, righteous judge.

Early in the Old Testament, Christians sacrificed animals as an atonement for their sins (God introduced the idea of one innocent being shedding its blood in place of the sinner's early on with Adam and Eve, when he made them clothes out of animal skins). However, the practice of sacrificing lambs, goats and bulls for each person's sin was a temporary fix. The next year, another animal would have to be sacrificed for the same person. A more permanent solution was needed, as noted in Hebrews 10:4: "For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins." Hence a human life was needed to atone for another human's sins. However, since all humans are sinful, another sin-filled person dying for the rest of us wouldn't work. What was needed was a human without sin. This person was Jesus. His very name says Savior. Therefore, anyone who accepts the sacrifice of Jesus on their behalf is covered by his blood and saved. "Every one who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name" (Acts 10:43).

Jesus was God's answer to a sinful, imperfect humanity. He lived a perfect life, free from sin and sacrificed Himself so that we can have eternal life. So in the end, God found a way without lowering His standards of moral perfection so that we could justify ourselves with mediocre behaviour. Instead, He chose to meet the standard for us through Jesus. It is through His righteousness that we become worthy of heaven. One does not earn salvation, it is God's gift to everyone who will humble themselves and come to Jesus. His blood washes away our sins and we will be given a new life, with new desires. "...if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation" (2 Corinthians 5:17)

And this is also what makes Christianity different from other faiths. Other religions are based on man's efforts to reach God. They teach that man must do righteous deeds or perform religious service in order to become good enough for salvation. In order to be saved, one must pray a certain number of times, in a certain manner, wear a particular type of garment or visit a certain temple or shrine. Some require sacrifice and inflicting pain, self-flagellation to show devotion. Others require pilgrimage to certain religious sites, and so on. In other words, they are works religions. A spiritual scale hangs over the head of the individual, with all of the good deeds and bad deeds on each side. They never really know where the balance hangs, and if their good deeds are enough to counter their sins; they can only hope to collect as many of the former and as few of the latter as possible until their moment of death, when they will finally find out. Christianity, on the other hand, relies on the idea that God reached out to man to save him because man was helpless to save himself.

"We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags." (Isaiah 64:6)

Many people will tell you that all religions are the same, that it's all about believing in a god, morality and love, and when one says it like this it sounds all accepting and good, but in reality ecumenism is about division and undermining of the foundations of Christian doctrine. It tries to make one church, but yet it does not truly unite, as one cannot be of the same mind with those who teach principles that are contrary to the foundations of their faith. We can only worship our God, and not other gods. And in the end, opinions will be many, but a Christian only needs one reputable source for godly information regarding salvation, and that is the Bible, which is God's instruction manual for mankind.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

No. There are and were people who lived and died without even hearing about my religion. The notion God would punish them for that is a bit silly. Also I don't believe in hell anyhow so there's that, too.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

2 Not allowed!

It is love, not religious doctrines, that creates spiritual growth. Religions are cultural institutions but love is universal.

Christianity teaches that God is love.

Bible: "God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." (1 John 4:16)
    i.e Living in love for others IS EQUAL TO you living in God AND God is within you.

Bible: "Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:10)
    i.e Love IS EQUAL TO fulfilling the law of God AND God IS EQUAL TO love, THEREFORE, love is the law of God.

Bible: ”Jesus answered them, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) The way to eternal life is by loving others and God (Luke 10:25-28).

i.e Jesus IS EQUAL TO the way to eternal life AND the way to eternal life IS EQUAL TO loving others and God THEREFORE the way to eternal life is by loving others and God.

Jesus came to show the way to heaven and that way is God - the light that is love. Nobody can come to God except through the way shown by Jesus - a life lived in unconditional love for everyone. It is obvious that Jesus came as the light to show humans the way to eternal life. The way to eternal life is through loving others and God.

What is important is how we show our love for God by the way we treat each other. This is because when we pass to the spiritual realm we will all be met by him, which substantiates the passage, 'No one comes to the Father, but by me.' What is important is that we love God and each other, and that it isn't what a person says, but the love in their being that is examined in the afterlife.

People who truly practice the religion of love will find themselves in a universal sphere where everyone understands that true religion is to love others as ourselves.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,934
    Given: 2,967

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wvwvw View Post
    It is love, not religious doctrines, that creates spiritual growth. Religions are cultural institutions but love is universal.

Christianity teaches that God is love.

Bible: "God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." (1 John 4:16)
    i.e Living in love for others IS EQUAL TO you living in God AND God is within you.

Bible: "Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:10)
    i.e Love IS EQUAL TO fulfilling the law of God AND God IS EQUAL TO love, THEREFORE, love is the law of God.

Bible: ”Jesus answered them, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) The way to eternal life is by loving others and God (Luke 10:25-28).

i.e Jesus IS EQUAL TO the way to eternal life AND the way to eternal life IS EQUAL TO loving others and God THEREFORE the way to eternal life is by loving others and God.

Jesus came to show the way to heaven and that way is God - the light that is love. Nobody can come to God except through the way shown by Jesus - a life lived in unconditional love for everyone. It is obvious that Jesus came as the light to show humans the way to eternal life. The way to eternal life is through loving others and God.

What is important is how we show our love for God by the way we treat each other. This is because when we pass to the spiritual realm we will all be met by him, which substantiates the passage, 'No one comes to the Father, but by me.' What is important is that we love God and each other, and that it isn't what a person says, but the love in their being that is examined in the afterlife.

People who truly practice the religion of love will find themselves in a universal sphere where everyone understands that true religion is to love others as ourselves.
    You are a truly loving person wvwvw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Dark skin is sign of evilness, every dark skinned country is agressive, full with criminality, violented peoples, most crimes were committed by dark skinned peoples. Many of them are follower of Islam (death cult) to spread the voice of Satan who tainted them that's why their skin is dark as their souls. We whites are descedants of angels (thats why our skin is light), we created the human rights, we ended slavery, we created the modern medical science to save lifes etc etc. Thats why the dark skinned peoples are so jealous for us and they want to destroy everything what the angles created.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Jesus Christ came to the planet to be a way-shower for all people and all religions. He lived his life with great passion and dedication to this word LOVE, so that each of us might have a role model to compare ourselves to. This is why he said, "I AM the way, I AM the truth, and I AM the life. No man can come to God but through me. If you replace I AM and ME with

LOVE IS ... you get ...
    LOVE is the WAY
    LOVE is the TRUTH
    LOVE is the LIFE.
    No one comes unto GOD
    unless they know how to LOVE

Christ had become LOVE WALKING AND TALKING ON THE PLANET. One cannot understand God until one understands and WALKS AND TALKS in the ways of LOVE. If you walk in Love, you will always understand God.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmara View Post
    You are a truly loving person wvwvw.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,948
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    No. There are and were people who lived and died without even hearing about my religion. The notion God would punish them for that is a bit silly. Also I don't believe in hell anyhow so there's that, too.
    So basically, your understanding of God boils down to what you find "silly", and not. Interesting. Like a create-your-own-god?
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Jesus Christ came to the planet to be a way-shower for all people and all religions. He lived his life with great passion and dedication to this word LOVE, so that each of us might have a role model to compare ourselves to. This is why he said, "I AM the way, I AM the truth, and I AM the life. No man can come to God but through me. If you replace I AM and ME with

LOVE IS ... you get ...
    LOVE is the WAY
    LOVE is the TRUTH
    LOVE is the LIFE.
    No one comes unto GOD
    unless they know how to LOVE

Christ had become LOVE WALKING AND TALKING ON THE PLANET. One cannot understand God until one understands and WALKS AND TALKS in the ways of LOVE. If you walk in Love, you will always understand God.
    No, sorry, this is a lie. Whilst Jesus is full of love, you cannot replace "Jesus" with "love" in this context, and claim Jesus said the only way to come to God is through love. This is not true, it's heresy. NOTHING and NO-ONE can replace the role of Jesus as mediator between God and man. Not even "love". Typical New Age thinking and false teaching... that will lead many people to hell, because they don't believe they have to have Jesus anymore.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Nobody can come to God except through the way shown by Jesus - a life lived in unconditional love for everyone. It is obvious that Jesus came as the light to show humans the way to eternal life. The way to eternal life is through loving others and God.
    No! This is a distortion, and a half-truth. JESUS is the only way to God... not "the way shown by Jesus", or "love"... be careful!!

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    So basically, your understanding of God boils down to what you find "silly", and not. Interesting. Like a create-your-own-god?
    Silly is a byword for 'illogical.'

1) In Judaism, God is omniscient. This means he knows everything
    2) In Judaism, God is omnipotent. This means he can do anything, and everything.
    3) In Judaism, God is all-merciful. He can forgive anything.
    4) There are and were many hundreds of millions of people who, through absolutely no fault of their own, have/were never even made aware of Christianity, Jesus, Judaism, the Bible, the TaNaKH or the Pentateuch
    5) I do not believe an all-knowing God who is aware of the reason for their ignorance would punish them for something that isn't their fault
    6) I do not believe an all-powerful God who could have sent missionaries or Jesus himself to these people would punish them for the failings of others, or the failings of none
    7) I do not believe an all-merciful God could not forgive, if there were something to forgive, the 'transgression' of not having been introduced to a concept. God's mercy is limitless. You cannot believe in an omnipotent God that cannot forgive x or y.

Ergo God does not condemn the nonbelievers automatically.

Separately, Hell is not a Jewish concept, so, clearly, no one can go there, believers or not.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information