Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we link phenotypes to hablogroups?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,219

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Do you think you look like you Great-great-great-great-great-great-great--great-great-great-great-great-great--great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandad?
    Sorry i didn't explained it very well, so i will try to reformulate my question, can diferent hablogroups share the same phenotypes without mixing?

Inactive akhi.. أقول وداعا لإخواني الآن. Mr. Anybody's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-28-2018 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Syrian
    Country
    Syria
    Hero
    Shaykh Abdul Qadir Geylani, Nizam-ul-Mulk
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,373
    Given: 910

1 Not allowed!

still? Governments should make official statements about links between haplogroups and genotypes. no links bro,nothing.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 10:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Alemannic, Gallic
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 21

3 Not allowed!

Maciamo Hay who established Eupedia linked r1b to rufosity.

To my knowledge this correlation was never made before Maciamo Hay's article.

https://www.eupedia.com/genetics/ori...red_hair.shtml

There used to be a large accumulation of comments debating his conclusions, but he deleted them all about 1 year ago.

After he did that I posted that Samaritans who have no trace of r1b at this point, have a quite high frequency of MC1R mutation R151C.

He asked for the source I used for Samaritan r1b, but I forgot to check back and posted the source very late.
    he has not got back to me since.

Maciamo claimed that 13% is the average frequency for r1b in the Levant, which is reasonable.
    However, he also claimed that all levantine population have r1b at some frequency which is false as the Samaritans have none.

Nothing anyone says will change what maciamo has conceived about r1b and red hair is true.

If you read that article you will find so many claims that have little support, and he provides no sources at all.

Many people take his articles as actual scientific when his background is in the humanities and much of his conclusions lack proper rigor.

Many people blindly quote his article without question.

Loki for all his supposed flaws is without a doubt a superior administrator to Maciamo Hay of Eupedia and Racial Reality of Anthroscape.

At least Loki does not delete reasonable content just because it is against his viewpoint.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,219

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rieder View Post

There used to be a large accumulation of comments debating his conclusions, but he deleted them all about 1 year ago.

After he did that I posted that Samaritans who have no trace of r1b at this point, have a quite high frequency of MC1R mutation R151C.

He asked for the source I used for Samaritan r1b, but I forgot to check back and posted the source very late.

Maciamo claimed that 13% is the average frequency for r1b in the Levant, which is reasonable.
    However, he also claimed that all levantine population have r1b at some frequency which is false as the Samaritans have none.

Nothing anyone says will change what maciamo has conceived about r1b and red hair is true.

If you read that article you will find so many claims that have little support, and he provides no sources at all.

Many people take his articles as actual scientific when his background is in the humanities and much of his conclusions lack proper rigor.

Loki for all his supposed flaws is without a doubt a superior administrator to Maciamo Hay of Eupedia and Racial Reality of Anthroscape.

At least Loki does not delete reasonable content just because it is against his viewpoint.
    If R1b is linked to rufosity then is R1b also linked to cro-magnons or/and neanderthal( red hair is believed to came from cro-magnons or neanderthals)?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Alemannic, Gallic
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    If R1b is linked to rufosity then is R1b also linked to cro-magnons or/and neanderthal( red hair is believed to came from cro-magnons or neanderthals)?
    Many people disagree with him. He is a poor source imao.

Humans and Neanderthals do not share any of the MC1R mutations associated with rufoisty in humans.

Many red-haired or red-fured mammals are pigmented the way they are because of MC1R mutations, but those mutations vary widely between the species of Mammal.

We have no rigorous evidence that the Neanderthals had a rufous element, but it is possible.

Regarding Cro-magnons, although modern Cro-Magnon types are associated with rufosity (Bruenn more red/red-brown and Faelid more Red-blond) There is no evidence that red hair originated specifically among the Cro-magnons.

The two most common MC1R mutations (R151C and R160W) are thought to have originated in Western Asia while D2948 is thought to have European origins and developed 30,000 years ago.

It is possible that the rarer D2948 could be associated with Cro-Magnons and especially Irish Bruenns.

Given that the Cro-magnon population was relatively small compared to Neolithic and Steppe people, it makes sense that the Cro-Magnon MC1R mutation would be less frequent.

D2948 appears to be much more restricted to the British Isles than other halpogroups.

On ALFRED Database the frequency in Ireland was 4.8% with only a few other groups having any at much lower frequencies.

So to answer you question, the different MC1R mutations may have had multiple origins with one possibly being Cro-Magnon associated.

But it would be inaccurate in any case to say that MC1R mutations are solely Cro-Magnon in origin.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,004
    Given: 28,364

1 Not allowed!

If yes, which would be the R1b phenotypes? Maybe gracile-med, atlanto-med, halstatt nordid, alpine and borreby?
    Ydna is a tiny portion of your dna. It can be used to trace one direct line but most of your ancestry will be missed out. Even looking at R1b it is quite widespread and different subclades are common in different areas i.e. R1b-DF27 Iberian Peninsula, R1b-U152 more common around the Swiss/Northern Italy area, U106 is more common in Netherlands, parts of Germany etc and L21 is more common in British Isles and Northern France. R1b was found in the Yamnaya so it has quite a wide range and spread out during the Bronze Age.

This is a map of U152.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,004
    Given: 28,364

1 Not allowed!

Only R1b-L21 but that's because it is most common in Britain and Ireland where rufosity reaches a peak. Red hair in modern populations is not the same gene as in Neanderthals.

http://theconversation.com/neanderth...we-sleep-85173

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Central European
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,879
    Given: 7,415

1 Not allowed!

You should have also told him that Udmurts have the highest frequency of red hair in the world but they barely have 2% R1b.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Alemannic, Gallic
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    You should have also told him that Udmurts have the highest frequency of red hair in the world but they barely have 2% R1b.
    I would of, but he already mentioned the Udmurts in his article and I don’t want him to just repeat what he claimed in the article.

His points out that among Finno-Ugric minorites in Russia r1b is more frequent than among Ethnic Russians.
    Also, Udmurts have the most r1b of all the Finno-ugric minorites in Russia.

He attributes the Udmurts‘ rufosity to migrations Of r1b-carrying Indo-Europeanss through the Volga-Ural region.

He correlates the relative freqency of r1b among Udmurts to the elevation of rufosity among Udmurts.

Even though Western Europeans have much more r1b and most are less rufous than the Udmurts.

I choose Samaritans because I wanted to see what his explanation would be for rufosity among a population without any r1b at this time.

That would get him to question his claims.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Central European
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,879
    Given: 7,415

2 Not allowed!

I would of, but he already mentioned the Udmurts in his article and I don’t want him to just repeat what he claimed in the article.

His points out that among Finno-Ugric minorites in Russia r1b is more frequent than among Ethnic Russians.
    Also, Udmurts have the most r1b of all the Finno-ugric minorites in Russia.

He attributes the Udmurts‘ rufosity to migrations Of r1b-carrying Indo-Europeanss through the Volga-Ural region.

He correlates the relative freqency of r1b among Udmurts to the elevation of rufosity among Udmurts.

Even though Western Europeans have much more r1b and most are less rufous than the Udmurts.

I choose Samaritans because I wanted to see what his explanation would be for rufosity among a population without any r1b at this time.

That would get him to question his claims.
    What idiotic logic. Reminds me of the people that claim I2 causes people to be taller. Has he spoken or written an article on that?

Did you say he deleted your posts that were challenging his?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information