R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,583
    Given: 8,906

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    There are some people that have been here for generations and are not even really sure of where their family originally came from just some vague notions of "England and I think we have some Irish etc" so they are Australian IMO. I've been here for most of my life but I never say "I'm Australian" even though there are people here a lot less years than myself but consider themselves just Australian. Some people come as adults and consider themselves "Australian". It is just an individual thing. I have my own identity and don't really care what other people label me. Some people insist I'm Australian because I've been here most of my life and when in Ireland some consider me Irish and some don't. I don't have any identity issues myself. In Australia they are very inclusive and if you went to school here and came out as a kid like I did they consider you an Aussie. Some famous Australians like Olivia Newton-John, Mel Gibson and ACDC were not born here but are considered Australian. I personally think if you were born overseas you have to consider that country as part of your identity as well but people have different opinions. I like Australia and think it is a great country and most of my experiences are here but I still identify as Irish and know the history, culture, genetics etc. Sometimes I think the diaspora of an ethnicity can feel more attached than people that have always lived in their country of origin.

Luckily I don't have any conflicts though because Australian and Irish culture has a lot of similarities and they are both western countries so there is no clash of civilisations or identity issues going on. Australians don't have any issues with Irish either so you don't have any problems integrating and your children definitely won't.
    Well, that's what happens in all "post-national" states where all races and cultures are welcome. Basically everyone can be X which means no one is X because being X just doesn't mean a thing. A nation is people, culture, history, etc., not a piece of paper IMO.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    South Slavic?

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,849
    Given: 6,536

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    I'm sorry, sir, I didn't mean to be smug. I understand what you mean, however I think that would better apply to the US, 'cause the US has an older white population going back to the 13 colonies (the 17th century), while in Australia the oldest families have been there for 200 years at best, since it was discovered only in the late 18th century.
    No probs. I'm also skeptical of considering White Australians or Americans as legitimate ethnicities unto themselves, but try telling them they are something else. They are in a difficult halfway house of identity. And American euromutts, forget about it.
    Spoiler!

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Ketch View Post
    No probs. I'm also skeptical of considering White Australians or Americans as legitimate ethnicities unto themselves, but try telling them they are something else. They are in a difficult halfway house of identity. And American euromutts, forget about it.
    What about the Abos? I read most of them are mixed as hell, like 70+% are intermarried. Why such a crazy rate of intermarriage? I mean maybe white genetics would make them more appealing but their looks are not appealing to any other group of people at all.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,849
    Given: 6,536

2 Not allowed!

What about the Abos? I read most of them are mixed as hell, like 70+% are intermarried. Why such a crazy rate of intermarriage? I mean maybe white genetics would make them more appealing but their looks are not appealing to any other group of people at all.
    A large imbalance in the white male to female ratio in the early days of settlement and remote parts of Australia, and a hell of a lot of grog. So many were killed off by disease just like the Amerindians, the ones with European blood likely had a natural advantage surviving. I suppose there was also an insane idea to try to assimilate them into the white population in the mid 20th century, which brought a lot of them into urban white areas, and those mixed urban Abos have more access to welfare, lower mortality, and breed like rabbits. For whatever reason Aboriginal physical traits disappear a lot faster than African ones when mixing with Europeans, so there are many with significant Abo admixture that you would hardly notice unless you looked closer.

Last edited by Creoda; 11-11-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    Spoiler!

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Ketch View Post
    A large imbalance in the white male to female ratio in the early days of settlement and remote parts of Australia, and a hell of a lot of grog. So many were killed off by disease just like the Amerindians, the ones with European blood likely had a natural advantage surviving. I suppose there was also an insane idea to try to assimilate them into the white population in the mid 20th century, which brought a lot of them into urban white areas, and those mixed urban Abos have more access to welfare, lower mortality, and breed like rabbits. For whatever reason Aboriginal physical traits disappear a lot faster than African ones when mixing with Europeans, so there are many with significant Abo admixture that you would hardly notice unless you looked closer.

Yeah, I've seen that picture before. Impressive, I'm fascinated by genetic dilution in general. I mean when you see kids with blonde hair, blue eyes and all and know they are, say, 1/4 African, South Indian or Filipino.
    Why is that idea insane? There will be no more of those exemplary ugly archaic Abos, and the fake Abos will basically be 'Aboriginal' in name only (like the Cherokee in America, whiter than most mestizos). In a couple of generations they will probably be diluted completely, aside from a small minority that lives in remote areas.

Last Online
    04-06-2019 @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish
    Country
    England
    Region
    Yorkshire
    Y-DNA
    Rb1-M529
    mtDNA
    R0
    Politics
    Anti-Left & Anti-Globalism
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Ethnicity Estimate
    Updates
    Ireland and Scotland
    69%
    Munster, Ireland
    Southern Ireland
    England, Wales & Northwestern Europe
    27%
    Sweden
    4%

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Yeah, I've seen that picture before. Impressive, I'm fascinated by genetic dilution in general. I mean when you see kids with blonde hair, blue eyes and all and know they are, say, 1/4 African, South Indian or Filipino.
    Why is that idea insane? There will be no more of those exemplary ugly archaic Abos,
    I heard whites are extremely ugly to their eyes too, like they are to us

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    I heard whites are extremely ugly to their eyes too, like they are to us
    I doubt it. White genetics and light skin in general are very much desirable among blacks, East and South Asians for example. Asian women massively fall for white men, black men love white women, Bollywood actors are much more light skinned than the average Indian.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

I doubt it. White genetics and light skin in general are very much desirable among blacks, East and South Asians for example. Asian women massively fall for white men, black men love white women, Bollywood actors are much more light skinned than the average Indian.
    That is because white dominated World nothing else and in India because of Aryan invasion and domination. But for Abos this meant nothing and Whites Were extremely foreign and ugly to them. I read it in one study about their history.

Btw in old China before white colonisation extreme mongoloid look (small eyes flat face and pale) was beauty ideal. They preferred Tungid/North Sinid look over south sinids with large round eyes for example that look more alike to Whites apart from their darker skin.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information