Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are modern men the suffering sex?

Last Online
    06-11-2023 @ 11:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,762
    Given: 3,655

3 Not allowed!

Default Are modern men the suffering sex?

I feel for the straight white men who are being silenced by the mean girls of modern feminism

The Guardian has published a piece under the headline: 'I didn’t choose to be straight, white and male': are modern men the suffering sex?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...g-sex-feminism

The premise of the article is that men are feeling “silenced” by the spectre of gender equality.

Forget about the billions of women worldwide who are literally silenced by patriarchal oppression, poverty, racial inequality, and femicide. No, the silencing of men in the western world is now the social issue du jour. And we know this because they’re complaining and being interviewed about it.

Apparently, a “well-educated, professionally successful and mostly very progressive male” (you have to enjoy that qualifying “mostly”) sent Guardian journalist Rose Hackman a video of women beating up men, presumably to make the point that feminism is running rampant with its violence and its misandry and its general advocating of beating men to a pulp.

Forget the millions of women dying every week as a result of domestic violence, or how violence against women has been the norm in pretty much every culture in the entire world at some point. Forget that. Hey, look at this YouTube video!

According to this mostly progressive male, women are “having their cake and eating it too,” profiting from an unfair double standard and “getting away with stuff men never would”.

Like sexual assault? Like mass shootings? Like war crimes? Like terrorist attacks? Like human trafficking?

Forget the statistics which show how disproportionate the gender divide of these crimes is. Apparently, women are committing these atrocities just as much as men – but they’re getting away with it. Political correctness gone mad!

Apparently, the “increasingly equal society has made men the suffering sex”, and there’s no denying “the consistency, and therefore validity, of the feelings being [expressed].”

I had no idea that if a feeling is consistent, it must be valid. Thousands of racists rejoice – your feelings are now “valid”.

I have a bit of an issue with the microphone “being handed over” to men for their views on how women becoming seen as real and equal humans might be negatively affecting them.

But then again, men have rather successfully held the monopoly on public discourse since language was invented. Women have had a space on the podium for long enough – decades, in fact. That’s more than enough time. They should now hand the microphone back to men.

According to Michael Kimmel, executive director of the Centre for the Study of Men and Masculinities (imagine their mailing list), the world used to be “our locker room” where men could say what they wanted.

“Now a lot of guys have to watch what they say. That’s got to be hard.”

It is, Mr Kimmel! Wouldn’t it be excellent if we could all shout about our burning cystitis every time the bus goes over a bump? Wouldn’t you love to finally admit to your co-worker that their voice makes you want to stab yourself in the face? Watching what we say is so hard!

The Guardian article provides a selection of male voices to wax lyrical on how silenced they are: men chosen for “a lack of overt disrespect towards women” – that’s a category you don’t want to lose in.

Highlights include Tom, a butcher from Seattle, who howls: “We talk about accepting people – that someone didn’t choose to be trans, or gay…I didn’t choose to be straight, white and male.”

Because of course, you can equate the political struggles, emotional trauma, hate crimes, prejudice, under-representation, imprisonment and murders of the global gay or trans communities with the frustrations of a white male butcher.

So to all you over-privileged, economically advantaged and socially unpersecuted white cisgendered males out there, I say this: I’m sorry you’re suffering. I’m sorry you didn’t choose to be born who you are.

I didn’t choose to be born into a racially segregated patriarchy where menstruation and childbirth render me intolerant of your suffering, and where I’m statistically more likely to be raped, murdered or discriminated against than you.

But we all have our crosses to bear.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

14 Not allowed!

Everyone is suffering nowadays, with sex or without

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,928
    Given: 20,239

3 Not allowed!

Without taking sides with politically polarized notions (extreme right or left); its a matter of perspective and frame of mind. If one is going to perceive themselves as a victim; they are going to be a "victim." If one wants to persevere in life and be successful; they will be successful. What people don't realize is that we all suffer from some tragedy/suffering at some point in our lives; its inevitable. Nevertheless, one's individual experience has nothing to do with one's gender. Such narrow-minded, exaggerated focuses are simply a byproduct of our flawed society. Political extremism simply give people incentives to act on opportunistic pursuits to cash in off by misleading and brainwashing people to their own fragmented mindsets. Such as the mentally ill, reactionaries and overly-pampered individuals whose scope of reason is severely limited to their comfort zone that doesn't require any tremendous effort nor thought when it comes to politics.

Politics today concerning the importance of gender identity and gender equality today has regressed into an abominable aberration that defies logical thought in every aspect. The political crusades today in our generation today is simply a conceited aberration when the first and second-wave political groups achieved their aim back to during the early to late 20th century beginning with the Fire of 1911. Today's generation is simply a byproduct of PC culture, materialism and a tremendous dose of self conceit that distorts the significance of political problems in first world countries that are greatly exaggerated. The biggest threat nowadays is domestic terrorism, self destructive political leaders/elites, mentally illness and unregulated immigration.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-08-2022 @ 12:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Apache Helicopter
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    G1
    mtDNA
    K1a3a
    Politics
    MAGA
    Hero
    Nacho Libre
    Religion
    Caffeine and Hate.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,442
    Given: 3,202

10 Not allowed!

COOL STORY MAKE SAMMICH NAO, THX.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jingorex View Post

very tasteful

Last Online
    06-11-2023 @ 11:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,762
    Given: 3,655

7 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jingorex View Post

Would you like a beer with that?

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

1 Not allowed!

Women online tend to be nasty and prone to unnecessary belligerence. Recently, I asked a woman out to brunch and she told me that I was going to have to put in more effort than that if I wanted to go to brunch with her. She told me how she had gone out for coffee with low-quality men. None of those men had anything to do with ME, and I don't like feeling like I'm in some sort of knock-down, drag-out, bloody competition for women, so I decided it wasn't worth it. This is typical of women nowadays who treat men like shit because they happened to have been born with the wrong genitalia.

I mentioned to this one girl that as a woman she most likely has access to a larger social network (this is due to biology where women had to have a large social circle, so that offspring would survive) and to infinitely more sex partners should she so desire it. I told her she wasn't oppressed, that being able to hang out on a beach and slurp mimosas with her girlfriends while bitching and joking about how supposedly evil and bad men are actually sounds like a nice life. I quite frankly don't see what is stopping any woman nowadays from becoming a successful doctor, lawyer, businesswoman, or professor that isn't stopping anyone else ($$$, health, etc.) She replied to me that there's more to life than sex, but what she doesn't realize is, take away her privileged access to male attention, affection, and bodies and see how quickly her quality of life would go straight down the toilet. She couldn't handle it. Loneliness is something I have dealt with for years and have to deal with every day.

She ignored me and didn't address any of my points; as if I'm just supposed to accept the "fact" that modern women in the developed world are victims prima facie.

There is a lot of man-hating in our popular culture nowadays and I would argue that gender-relations have hit an all-time low.

In the developed world, women are the prize and it's men who have to compete and fight each other vigorously for mates. In the developing world it is the opposite. Women learn domestic skills like cooking, cleaning, and grooming and keep themselves in good shape to attract and impress men. Men are respected because their unique burdens and social responsibilities are acknowledged and appreciated. Western women have no such incentive to improve themselves because there is a surplus of thirsty, lonely, and desperate men.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 05:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, and Romance
    Ethnicity
    Slavic, Germanic, Finnish, and Italian
    Ancestry
    Poland, Finnish, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Germany, Italy, and U.K.
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-FTA11171
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Yeshua Ha Mashiach
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,139
    Given: 2,861

3 Not allowed!

I'm glad I am not a young man these days. Young American women are a mess and many are on drugs. For you quality women you need reminded you have a window. This feminist movement is just going to lead many of you down a lonely path. One leading to you being a lonely old woman. The fact is once you break 30 the chances of you finding a quality man is very low.

Last Online
    12-31-2023 @ 11:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavomongol
    Ethnicity
    fugly
    Country
    Pakistan
    Y-DNA
    A1DS
    mtDNA
    H1N1
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Mongoloid
    Hero
    Black O'Banana
    Religion
    Pantardism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,818
    Given: 3,519

2 Not allowed!

Everyone wants to be a victim these days. Being a victim is the new fashion. Can't be just be women.

I wonder if her parents feel proud their child.
    - Mongol Pride Worldwide -
    - Uzbek Pride Worldwide -
    -------------------------------------

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,962
    Given: 10,185

4 Not allowed!

A left wing publication. Not worth reading.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information