Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Macedonia will hold a census in 2020, but without questions about ethnicity or religion

Banned
    Last Online
    12-02-2018 @ 04:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    Montenegro
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ayetooey View Post
    According to Pew Macedonia will be an Islamic majority nation by 2050.

http://www.globalreligiousfutures.or...ions_year=2050
    Which is best if Macedonia either joins or holds closer ties with Albania. Albania has shows that it can fully nullify the Islamic element among Albanians. As the Islamic element in Albanians in Macedonia is a placeholder for Albanian nationalism. When the need for this placeholder ceases, as would be the case with closer ties to Albania, then the Islamic element among the Albanians in Macedonia decreases. Just like it has in Kosov after independence. It is currently hard to distinguish Kosovars and Albanians on religious grounds, even though 20 years ago you would not be faulted to call Kosovars as more religious than Albanians from Albania proper. Today, this is much less apparent.

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

0 Not allowed!

Lol @ Albanians being under 20% but being consistently around 1/3 of all births despite large emigration. Fertile motherfuckers.

I must have some slavo-greek pussy blood in my family because I don't have a single kid yet.

Also, good that emigrants aren't counted. They'll never return for anything other than holidays.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    Montenegro
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    I am counted in Australia as an Australian of Macedonian ancestry. I am not counted in Macedonia because I don't live there. If you want to be counted in a Macedonian census then you should live there. Census results are used for government planning of services, projects etc., not to mention the private sector. It would be ridiculous to count people who do not reside there. For example, if a town in western Macedonia counts 1,000 people who don't live there, but live in Switzerland, then they will provide for schools, services etc. for people who don't live there and therefore waste money for nothing. Macedonia is a poor country and doesn't have money to waste. Think beyond your narrow-minded quest to inflate Albanian numbers.
    I don't think anyone is asking the Macedonian government to count all the deported Albanian in Turkey. If they pay taxes, hold a Macedonian passport, and have a residence in Macedonia, then I find it ridiculous to not count them. Just because you are fully entrenched in Australian society and do not care to reside in Macedonia does not mean that is the case for everyone. However, this does answer a heated question among this debate. Slavic-Macedonians are largely in Australia and cannot reasonably visit Macedonia because of distance, while Albanian-Macedonians are largely in European countries that can easily visit Macedonia. This is the reason for this problem. This is also the reason why the Macedonian state wants to abolish international practices of censuses. Switzerland, Engliand, Greece, Italy, and America counts all their citizen regardless of where they reside.

We must agree that this was not the reason for stopping the census. As Gruevski would have broken the constitution if it showed that Albanians were under 20%.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,157
    Given: 6,705

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksons View Post
    I don't think anyone is asking the Macedonian government to count all the deported Albanian in Turkey. If they pay taxes, hold a Macedonian passport, and have a residence in Macedonia, then I find it ridiculous to not count them. Just because you are fully entrenched in Australian society and do not care to reside in Macedonia does not mean that is the case for everyone. However, this does answer a heated question among this debate. Slavic-Macedonians are largely in Australia and cannot reasonably visit Macedonia because of distance, while Albanian-Macedonians are largely in European countries that can easily visit Macedonia. This is the reason for this problem. This is also the reason why the Macedonian state wants to abolish international practices of censuses. Switzerland, Engliand, Greece, Italy, and America counts all their citizen regardless of where they reside.

We must agree that this was not the reason for stopping the census. As Gruevski would have broken the constitution if it showed that Albanians were under 20%.
    There are many Macedonians in Germany, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Italy....we are not mostly in Australia but all over the place. There are however much more Macedonians in Australia then there are Albanians. You are small in number here.

My parents have Macedonian passports and own property in Macedonia, but have not resided there for almost 50 years. Should they be counted in the census?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    Montenegro
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There are many Macedonians in Germany, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Italy....we are not mostly in Australia but all over the place. There are however much more Macedonians in Australia then there are Albanians. You are small in number here.

My parents have Macedonian passports and own property in Macedonia, but have not resided there for 40+ years. Should they be counted in the census?
    Would an Australian citizen under the same circumstances?

These are fringe situations and the majority of people affected do not fall along these fringe lines. It would depend on the specific laws governing these fringe situations.

They would at the least be considered expats and have a right to vote.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Would an Australian citizen under the same circumstances?

These are fringe situations and the majority of people affected do not fall along these fringe lines. It would depend on the specific laws governing these fringe situations.

They would at the least be considered expats and have a right to vote.
    No.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    Montenegro
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No.
    Should a Macedonian citizen whom works in Greece during the summer months?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Should a Macedonian citizen whom works in Greece during the summer months?
    Only if their permanent residence is Macedonia and they live there for most of the year. Only then should they be counted and their ethnicity and religion should be excluded.
    This will relax ethnic tensions in the country. Well, at least that is the theory of those Euro-Atlantic diplomats advising Zaev.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

1 Not allowed!

Boring and worthless without a ethnicity and religious count.

Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 105

1 Not allowed!

I fear we are not more than 20% anymore , so many people i personally know have left to go and work in Germany and Europe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information