Left-wing
    Religion
    Atheist/philosophical Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,239
    Given: 10,259

1 Not allowed!

Default Some answers about Christianity

I think Jesus was probably divine, but it doesn't mean he is the only divine being. He was probably a Vishnu incarnation for the Semitic peoples. His message seemed to be good, although the Bible seems to contradict itself a lot - I like the image of him as peaceful guy, that said to turn the other cheek and was against use of force. That sounds like a divine message to me, peace love and understanding. So, I'm very appreciative of Jesus. I think he was divine, but idk if that makes me a Christian, since I'm not particular about it. I do not think he is the only divine being, or incarnation of it.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,894
    Given: 44,971

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik View Post
    I think Jesus was probably divine, but it doesn't mean he is the only divine being. He was probably a Vishnu incarnation for the Semitic peoples. His message seemed to be good, although the Bible seems to contradict itself a lot - I like the image of him as peaceful guy, that said to turn the other cheek and was against use of force. That sounds like a divine message to me, peace love and understanding. So, I'm very appreciative of Jesus. I think he was divine, but idk if that makes me a Christian, since I'm not particular about it. I do not think he is the only divine being, or incarnation of it.
    No mate, you are wrong... Jesus is THE one... he is our creator. He is the only one that can give you eternal life.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-16-2018 @ 10:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, German & Scandinavian-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Swedish, Norwegian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    KN/Alpinid or KN/minor Baltid
    Politics
    Left-wing
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No mate, you are wrong... Jesus is THE one... he is our creator. He is the only one that can give you eternal life.
    I have some questions then..why did Jesus pray to the Father instead of himself if he is *the* God? I guess the answer would be the trinity. But who is the father? Yahweh? Yahweh was a Southern Canaanite deity, whose worship was merged with the northern deity's - El/El Shaddai. Israel translates as may El persevere. The Book of Genesis is an El worship book. Meanwhile, the rest of the books in the Old Testament are centered around YHVH. The Rabbis explain this by saying that YHVH decided only to reveal his name to Moses/Moshe but not to Abraham..why not? I don't get it. Seems more like El/YHVH worship was blended when Israel became a unified Kingdom to me.

And then, if *El* is God, why did he damn Adam and Eve's descendants just for what they did? And later on, YHVH, supposedly the same God, introduced a commandment, or mitzvot, not to punish a child for what their parent did. Here the Old Testament contradicts itself again. Also, why did El and YHVH require animal sacrifice? It seems like too much. YHVH at least introduced an "ethical" (Kosher) way to kill animals, but in actuality Kosher slaughterhouses are quite horrid. I have seen the videos. Same with Halal slaughter. The animal is clearly in much pain. They refuse to stun them before they slice their heads off because God never mentions it in their holy books. It's really primitive, honestly.

With all that said, I do think Jesus was a significant man - people bore witness to his resurrection and died bearing witness to it. I think he was a divine being/incarnation of the divine, but I interpret this in a more 'Gnostic' way, are you familiar with Gnosticism? Most Christians (Catholic, Orthodox) consider it a heresy, but, I think they are the true heretics here. The Cathars were Gnostics and Pope Innocent burned them all alive because he thought their way of worshipping Jesus was heretic. The Catholic Church has done so many wicked things in history it's unbelievable!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I have some questions then..why did Jesus pray to the Father instead of himself if he is *the* God? I guess the answer would be the trinity. But who is the father? Yahweh? Yahweh was a Southern Canaanite deity, whose worship was merged with the northern deity's - El/El Shaddai. Israel translates as may El persevere. The Book of Genesis is an El worship book. Meanwhile, the rest of the books in the Old Testament are centered around YHVH. The Rabbis explain this by saying that YHVH decided only to reveal his name to Moses/Moshe but not to Abraham..why not? I don't get it. Seems more like El/YHVH worship was blended when Israel became a unified Kingdom to me.

And then, if *El* is God, why did he damn Adam and Eve's descendants just for what they did? And later on, YHVH, supposedly the same God, introduced a commandment, or mitzvot, not to punish a child for what their parent did. Here the Old Testament contradicts itself again. Also, why did El and YHVH require animal sacrifice? It seems like too much. YHVH at least introduced an "ethical" (Kosher) way to kill animals, but in actuality Kosher slaughterhouses are quite horrid. I have seen the videos. Same with Halal slaughter. The animal is clearly in much pain. They refuse to stun them before they slice their heads off because God never mentions it in their holy books. It's really primitive, honestly.

With all that said, I do think Jesus was a significant man - people bore witness to his resurrection and died bearing witness to it. I think he was a divine being/incarnation of the divine, but I interpret this in a more 'Gnostic' way, are you familiar with Gnosticism? Most Christians (Catholic, Orthodox) consider it a heresy, but, I think they are the true heretics here. The Cathars were Gnostics and Pope Innocent burned them all alive because he thought their way of worshipping Jesus was heretic. The Catholic Church has done so many wicked things in history it's unbelievable!
    I will look at your questions later and asnwer them, but I'll split the thread so as to not pollute this good one with unbelief. You have too much unbelief that you cannot see the truth about Jesus.

I will quickly answer and say Gnosticism is wrong, it is of the devil.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,455
    Given: 1,639

1 Not allowed!

Yeah each religion has its own definition of divinity & concepts of birth & heaven. Hindus have more collective record from last Holocene compared to other religions. There is more literature too.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    Yeah each religion has its own definition of divinity & concepts of birth & heaven. Hindus have more collective record from last Holocene compared to other religions. There is more literature too.
    The difference is, Jesus is not just another religion like Hinduism or Islam... Jesus is the truth... the only true God and saviour of mankind. And one day everyone will see him, and bow before him. But it's better to receive and accept him now as your Lord and Saviour, before it's too late.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The amount of literature pertaining to general life, after life, divine life, devotee life etc... are more clearly written down in Eastern religions like Hindu, Jain & Buddhism long time back during ancient times.
    Whereas religions coming from Abraham concentrates more on the actual God, his Son & his relation to the world & order of the world.

Banned Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-16-2018 @ 10:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, German & Scandinavian-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Swedish, Norwegian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    KN/Alpinid or KN/minor Baltid
    Politics
    Left-wing
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The amount of literature pertaining to general life, after life, divine life, devotee life etc... are more clearly written down in Eastern religions like Hindu, Jain & Buddhism long time back during ancient times.
    Whereas religions coming from Abraham concentrates more on the actual God, his Son & his relation to the world & order of the world.
    That's an interesting way to look at it (although I don't really agree).

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

All that literature is pointless, means nothing. Because it's a false religion created by Satan and his fallen angels. Jesus is the only truth.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The difference is, Jesus is not just another religion like Hinduism or Islam... Jesus is the truth... the only true God and saviour of mankind. And one day everyone will see him, and bow before him. But it's better to receive and accept him now as your Lord and Saviour, before it's too late.
    If you are cash rich willing for adventure I would see lot of clever people willing to join you for a prayer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information