I found some nice animation on Youtube, so I thought why not to give a shot and tell a bit about the long gone parish church.

In 13th-14th century there was a church built near the castle, it was called St. Michael parish church. It started of as rather modest looking church.

There is a legend about the place(makes no sense, but anyways). Prince Leszek the Black after winning the battle decided to make a camp and was sleeping under the huge oak. He had a dream of Archangel Michael giving a sign to chase the enemy and defeat them again, he did so and after fund the church. The archeologic sites proved it was built on the previous cementary, so the legend is huge BS, but still a nice story to tell.

In 15th century the tower was added. It became the tallest building in the city, most likely being a delight to look at. Throughout few centuries it had some works done a few times. In 1769 it burnt during the strong storm.

It was the downhill for the church, because despite it was rebuilt, in less than century it wasn't safe enough due to poor state of the core of the building. In 1846 the decision of deconstructing the church was made. Interesting fact, during deconstruction it was found out that the altar was placed at the place where a huge oak was growing. I suppose it was a good base for the legend I mentioned before.

Nowadays there is a small square called "Plac po Farze" with the reconstruction of the foundations and a small model if the building in its glory days.