Thread: Which financial instruments are safe in the event of financial crisis and which products get toasted

Caveat Emptor

0 Not allowed!

Default Which financial instruments are safe in the event of financial crisis and which products get toasted

Any finance people here? Does anyone know which financial investment products / derivatives are safe in the event of financial crisis? Are all investments risk-exposed or some minimizing risk exposure?

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

Bonds. I hear they are inverse to stocks.

You could always just find a good e-Broker. Interactive Brokers, I hear, is the best for shorting stocks, but their charting is awful. Also, E-Trade might have a lot of shortable securities available. TD Ameritrade is awful for shorting. I'm stuck having to take positions in inverse ETFs. I also hear Put options are really effective, but I have no idea how to do options.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Caveat Emptor

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    Bonds. I hear they are inverse to stocks.

You could always just find a good e-Broker. Interactive Brokers, I hear, is the best for shorting stocks, but their charting is awful. Also, E-Trade might have a lot of shortable securities available. TD Ameritrade is awful for shorting. I'm stuck having to take positions in inverse ETFs. I also hear Put options are really effective, but I have no idea how to do options.
    Nice, do you know what kind of impact financial crisis has on the yield of the bonds? I suppose it depends on what bonds we are talking about but some treasury bonds in some currencies may be devalued to junk right? I've heard ETF financial markets are most risk exposed aren't they? Although you can maximize returns on ETFs

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,925
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emptor View Post
    Any finance people here? Does anyone know which financial investment products / derivatives are safe in the event of financial crisis? Are all investments risk-exposed or some minimizing risk exposure?
    Depends on the crisis, they're not all the same.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Last Online
    12-08-2019 @ 12:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

For the most part, diversify as much as possible. Sovereign bonds (well, most of them) are risk free but this also means marginal return. I gather that you want to be exposed to as little risk as possible. So that would be an option if you simply want to store your money in a place that isn't a bank account due to the deposit guarantee limits. But if you are actually thinking of investing, it's not particular instruments, but diversification in different instruments and markets that will make your portfolio more secure. There is no financial instrument that is completely fool proof. Investors and markets thought repos and Derivatives were safe and they weren't. Most financial instruments are contingent on the performance of others at this point. So simply diversify your portfolio to limit your losses in cases of crises or hire someone good to do that for you.

Thread Information