Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I were my own psychiatrist....I would prescribe myself...

Last Online
    05-22-2023 @ 01:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Secular Liberal, Progressive Leftist
    Hero
    Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Robert Spencer, Bernie Sanders, Atheism-is-Unstoppable
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 756

0 Not allowed!

Default Community Treatment Orders.

I have a community treatment order written on me by two psychiatrists (not court ordered), which demands that I take compulsory mental health treatment (against my will). That is why I am seeking drugs that will partially counteract the effects of the Antipsychotic; such as SSRI's which are also 5HT1A agonists; Anti-Parkinsonian agents, which are dopamine agonist, the opposite of Antipsychotics which are usually dopamine blockers, with the exception of Abilify, my medicine, which is a dopamine partial agonist , which reduces mesolimbic dopamine activity via partially activating dopamine receptors. I am seeking drugs that will increase dopaminergic transmission, particularly in the mesocortical pathway. An underactivity of this pathway is associated with negative and cognitive sympomts; as well as ADHD. I have a diagnosis of ADHD. The antispsychotic, being a dopamine reducing drug, makes my ADHD symptoms much worse. Therefore, I would prescribe myself 20-30 mg of Dexedrine per day.

A community treatment order (CTO) under the Mental Health Act is a tool intended to assist ex-patients in complying with treatment while in the community. One's CTO is a treatment and care plan that outlines care specific to your needs, and may include (but is not limited to) medications one must take and appointments once must attend with care providers.

A CTO is not court ordered.

Two physicians (1 of whom must be a psychiatrist) determine whether a person is suitable to be on a CTO using the criteria in the Mental Health Act. To be placed on a CTO, a person must:

AND one or more of the following must apply:

over the past 3-year period, on 2 or more occasions, or for a total of at least 30 days have:
    been a formal patient in a facility, or

been in an approved hospital or been lawfully detained in a custodial institution where there is evidence that, while there, the person would have met the criteria of being a formal patient, or

been both above
    ;

and/or within the past three years, have been subject to a community treatment order;

and/or in the opinion of the two physicians, have, while in the community, exhibited a period of recurrent or repetitive behaviour that indicates the person is likely to cause harm to the person or others or to suffer substantial mental or physical deterioration or serious physical impairment if the person does not receive continuing treatment or care while living in the community;

AND in the opinion of the two physicians, be likely to cause harm to the person or others or to suffer substantial mental or physical deterioration or serious physical impairment if the person does not receive continuing treatment or care while living in the community;

AND be able to comply with the treatment or care set out in the community treatment order. If a person cannot survive safely in freedom without antipsychotics.

The treatment and care identified on the CTO must be available in the community,
    AND consent must be obtained or, if certain conditions apply, the physician may issue the CTO without consent.

Treatment cannot be forced under a CTO:
    Regardless of whether the CTO is issued with or without your consent, you must agree to any treatment before it is provided.

Last edited by Petros Agapetos; 11-26-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Robert Spencer, Bernie Sanders, Atheism-is-Unstoppable
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If I were my own prescriber, I would prescribe drugs that would get me to hypomania; such as SSRI's and Anti-Parkinsonian agents. The latter are dopamine agonists, particularly of D2 receptors, and thus work in the opposite way to Antipsychotics, and thus can reduce at least some Antipsychotic induced side effects.
    Last edited by Petros Agapetos; 11-26-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If I had a prescription pad, I would prescribe myself psychostimulants to treat ADHD; such as Dexedrine, Ritalin, or Adderal. They are dopamine and norepinephrine releasing agents. Dexedrine for example is a TAAR 1 (trace amine associated receptor) agonist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information