Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Which city owed to your heritage would you love to travel to?

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2023 @ 08:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,716
    Given: 1,188

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryujin View Post
    Thessaloniki
    Lol, try again.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

In terms of the cultural heritage of my country... I'd like to visit the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo. I'd also like to visit the Scandinavian museums that contain 'Danegold' and see the ancient English coins in their museums which they took as 'money for the Danes' from my island during their frequent Viking raids on my island. People gave them coins during the raids - or paid with their lives. (The Vikings would bend the coins to test the quality of the metal, so a lot of the 'Danegold' coins in their museums are shown to be bent.)

We have over 600 words in the English vocabulary of Norse origin, (the English weekday names are named after ancient Germanic Pagan and Norse Pagan gods and goddesses,) and there's quite a number of place names here too of Scandinavian origin which the Vikings named when they settled here. I take a lot of interest in the Vikings and their ancient Odinist Norse Pagan culture. My mother visited northern Norway this year during a cruise there and she said it's a lovely country.

I'd also like to visit the places in Denmark where Danish Kings lived that also ruled over England.https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ers-Of-England

Also I'd like to visit the sites in Denmark and northern Germany where the Angles, Jutes, and Saxons originated.

I've already visited Normandy in northern France during a secondary school boat trip there. I've visited historic battle sites and castles in England on school outings and also with my relatives and friends... and I've visited the site of the Battle of Hastings as a child during a school trip there.... which led to the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.

I've visited ancient Pagan Celtic sites in the British Isles including Stonehenge, Woodhenge, Maiden Castle, etc... and seen ancient Roman castle ruins here, along with Norman and Anglo Saxon castles here... but I'd like to see more of the ancient Celtic Pagan stone circle sites in Ireland. I'd like to visit the historic and sacred site of Newgrange in Éire.

I'd like to visit Rome too, (my mother has visited ancient sites there and she said it's a very interesting and fascinating city. She takes a lot of interest in learning about ancient cultures. She told me that during her time visiting places in Italy she was so amazed and impressed by how extremely advanced their ancient civilisations were.)

The Romans were f*cking arseholes towards the Celts, but they contributed a lot to the cultural heritage of my country too, as evidenced in the architecture, the vocabulary within our language, place names here etc, as our island was a part of the large Roman Empire once following the fierce war battles between the invading Romans with the native Celts and with the red headed warrior Queen Boadicea of Britain's ancient Iceni tribe.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 12-02-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    11-25-2020 @ 04:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North African
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh/Berber
    Country
    Morocco
    Hero
    Abdelkrim Al-Khattabi,Nasser Zefzafi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 161

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    What was his name?
    Jawhar al-siqilli

Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 06:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    Poland, Belarus, Latvia, Ukraine
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y2780 (Q-M378)
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Politics
    depends
    Hero
    Yitzhak Rabin
    Religion
    depends
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,415
    Given: 688

0 Not allowed!

Lucena, Cordoba. Not invented by Jews but they were a massive part of it's history - it's name may derive from Hebrew.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,894
    Given: 18,300

1 Not allowed!

Cork, Ireland

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Judane
    Ancestry
    Jewish and Danish
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,891
    Given: 1,678

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Also I'd like to visit the sites in Denmark and northern Germany where the Angles, Jutes, and Saxons originated.
    Afraid you'll find it extremely dull compared to Norway.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,130
    Given: 58,889

0 Not allowed!

Well I have not much choice in terms of associated with my heritage. I guess somwhere in India. Whats the best city in India?
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North-West European, minor North-Amerindian
    Ancestry
    British Isles (77%) Scandinavia (10%) France (9%) North-Amerindian (4%)
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    I-L233
    mtDNA
    X2b4
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid / Atlantid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,452
    Given: 15,592

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    In terms of the cultural heritage of my country... I'd like to visit the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo. I'd also like to visit the Scandinavian museums that contain 'Danegold' and see the ancient English coins in their museums which they took as 'money for the Danes' from my island during their frequent Viking raids on my island. People gave them coins during the raids - or paid with their lives. (The Vikings would bend the coins to test the quality of the metal, so a lot of the 'Danegold' coins in their museums are shown to be bent.)

We have over 600 words in the English vocabulary of Norse origin (the English weekday names are named after ancient Germanic Pagan and Norse Pagan gods and goddesses,) and there's quite a number of place names here too of Scandinavian origin which the Vikings named when they settled here. I take a lot of interest in the Vikings and their ancient Odinist Norse Pagan culture. My mother visited northern Norway this year during a cruise there and she said it's a lovely country.

I'd also like to visit the places in Denmark where Danish Kings lived that also ruled over England.https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ers-Of-England

I've already visited Normandy in northern France during a secondary school boat trip there. I've visited historic battle sites and castles in England on school outings and also with my relatives and friends... and I've visited the site of the Battle of Hastings as a child during a school trip there.... which led to the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.

I've visited ancient Pagan Celtic sites in the British Isles including Stonehenge, Woodhenge, Maiden Castle, etc... and seen ancient Roman castle ruins here, along with Norman and Anglo Saxon castles here... but I'd like to see more of the ancient Celtic Pagan stone circle sites in Ireland. I'd like to visit the historic and sacred site of Newgrange in Éire.

I'd like to visit Rome too, (my mother has visited ancient sites there and she said it's a very interesting and fascinating city. She takes a lot of interest in learning about ancient cultures. She told me that during her time visiting places in Italy, she was so amazed and impressed by how extremely advanced their ancient civilisations were.)

The Romans were f*cking arseholes towards the Celts, but they contributed a lot to the cultural heritage of my country too, as evidenced in the architecture, the vocabulary within our language, place names here etc, as our island was a part of the large Roman Empire once following the fierce war battles between the invading Romans with the native Celts and with the red headed warrior Queen Boadicea of Britain's ancient Iceni tribe.
    If you travel to anywhere in Scandinavia I would highly recommend the Lofoten Island Peninsula in Northern Norway.
    They have a suberb museum and archeological site there called Lofotr, and a ton of great stuff there! The landscape is absolutely breathtaking
    it's unlike any other place I've been on earth. I couldn't recommend it enough!

Anglo Saxon + Frank (4.336)
    Viking Danish + Frank (4.338)
    Gael + Frank (4.39)
    Anglo Saxon (4.393)
    Viking Danish + Anglo Saxon (4.568)

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,455
    Given: 11,125

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Well I have not much choice in terms of associated with my heritage. I guess somwhere in India. Whats the best city in India?
    your ancestors most likely came from rajasthan so jaipur maybe. Thats the capital city of that state.

mumbai and delhi are good too. they're quite vibrant cities.

Last Online
    05-27-2023 @ 02:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Ireland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,802
    Given: 5,812

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider+ View Post
    Lol, try again.