Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can I make my essay seem longer than it actually is?

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,740
    Given: 17,041

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Walvis View Post
    I don't want to do it because of being cool, I want to do it because school is boring, hard, and a waste of my time.
    No, it isn't. Regardless of why you drop out, you're going to flip burgers and mow other people's lawns for the rest of your life. And probably living with your parents too.

Per Aspera Ad Astra
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 12:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Chad
    Region
    Gadsden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 355

1 Not allowed!

I don't want to do it because of being cool, I want to do it because school is boring, hard, and a waste of my time.
    All the good things in this life take time, patience, effort and determination. The earlier you learn this, the better you'll do in life.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

1 Not allowed!

So I have to write an essay for history class, and I hate writing and I'm no good at it, and I already have something that's 21/2 pages, but it has to be 3 and 12 point font. So what's the best way to stretch it to 3 pages and have it be not detected by my teacher?
    Don't crush your own potential before you even try. You only limit yourself by setting your expectations too low. Aim high with your goals and persevere until the very end until you meet your overall goal.

Potential isn't finite; its limitless. You simply need to step out of your gratuitous comfort zone and accomplish what needs to be done. At the very least, finish high school before doing anything you will regret later on in life. You need to have at least a high school diploma to work minimum wage jobs if that is what your aiming for.

Nevertheless, your parents are doing something right by trying to steer you in the right direction so you don't fall between the cracks in life as either a drop out or an addict.

Fact is, adolescent minds are still stuck in their egotistic ("me world"), rebellious phase while your minds are still developing. So your logic and comprehension skills aren't quite there when it comes to understanding the possible consequences of your own actions.

You may not like the workload now, but you will reap the rewards of your own labor once the time is right.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    Last Online
    12-07-2018 @ 08:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch/Irish
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    No, it isn't. Regardless of why you drop out, you're going to flip burgers and mow other people's lawns for the rest of your life. And probably living with your parents too.
    At least burger flippers don't have homework though. They go, flip burgers from 9 to 5, then have free time. I'd be fine with school if I didn't have homework.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch/Irish
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by de Burgh II View Post
    Don't crush your own potential before you even try. You only limit yourself by setting your expectations too low. Aim high with your goals and persevere until the very end until you meet your overall goal.

Potential isn't finite; its limitless. You simply need to step out of your gratuitous comfort zone and accomplish what needs to be done. At the very least, finish high school before doing anything you will regret later on in life. You need to have at least a high school diploma to work minimum wage jobs if that is what your aiming for.

Nevertheless, your parents are doing something right by trying to steer you in the right direction so you don't fall between the cracks in life as either a drop out or an addict.

Fact is, adolescent minds are still stuck in their egotistic ("me world"), rebellious phase while your minds are still developing. So your logic and comprehension skills aren't quite there when it comes to understanding the possible consequences of your own actions.

You may not like the workload now, but you will reap the rewards of your own labor once the time is right.
    Lot of drop outs accomplish a lot in life. Like for example Kanye is a drop out.

Per Aspera Ad Astra
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 12:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Chad
    Region
    Gadsden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 355

1 Not allowed!

Lot of drop outs accomplish a lot in life. Like for example Kanye is a drop out.
    Hey dude, but you know what? It's better to do what your heart tell you to do, what you feel is right for you. It would be against my libertarian, individualistic beliefs to impose my way of life on someone else. I believe that each person's life is different, so therefore what may work for me, may not necessarily work for everyone. Only the individual is the sole owner, responsible for his life, hence the individual shall be allowed to do what he believes is right for his life.
    Last edited by Valedictorian; 11-29-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch/Irish
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin1805 View Post
    Hey dude, but you know what? It's better to do what your heart tell you to do, what you feel is right for you. It would be against my libertarian, individualistic beliefs to impose my way of life on someone else. I believe that each person's life is different, so therefore what may work for me, may not necessarily work for everyone. Only the individual is the sole owner, responsible for his life, hence the individual shall be allowed to do what he believes his right for his life.
    I like the way you think dude

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,740
    Given: 17,041

2 Not allowed!

And most drop-outs don't. For every Kanye there are five hundred thousand non-Kanyes who end up living in dumps, working 12 hour shifts in two or three different jobs just to makes ends meet, living with other drop-outs. Probably on drugs too because it's the only recreation they have. Living from one 12 hour shift to the next in the hope of getting the next fix.

I know many drop-outs. They're living off welfare, look like they are twice the age they really are, with an all-consuming drug habit, kids they don't want and HIV cause they share needles. A lifetime of misery which could have been avoided at high school level. People think that bad shit in life happens to "other people". It doesn't. Bad shit can happen to anyone, and it does - in large quantities. Especially if you allow it. Once you let the avalanche of shit into your life, it's going to snowball into the biggest turd you've ever seen and you're going to be right in the middle of it.

Would you cut off your nose and ears, knowing you're going to look like a freak for the rest of your life just so that you don't have to do homework today?

But.... do what you must but it's a shit idea.

(Then people ask me why I don't have kids..... Mine would be smoking dope at 14 and having orgies at 15, but damn, they'd go to school whether they like it or not.)

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch/Irish
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    And most drop-outs don't. For every Kanye there are five hundred thousand non-Kanyes who end up living in dumps, working 12 hour shifts in two or three different jobs just to makes ends meet, living with other drop-outs. Probably on drugs too because it's the only recreation they have. Living from one 12 hour shift to the next in the hope of getting the next fix.

I know many drop-outs. They're living off welfare, look like they are twice the age they really are, with an all-consuming drug habit, kids they don't want and HIV cause they share needles. A lifetime of misery which could have been avoided at high school level. People think that bad shit in life happens to "other people". It doesn't. Bad shit can happen to anyone, and it does - in large quantities. Especially if you allow it. Once you let the avalanche of shit into your life, it's going to snowball into the biggest turd you've ever seen and you're going to be right in the middle of it.

Would you cut off your nose and ears, knowing you're going to look like a freak for the rest of your life just so that you don't have to do homework today?

But.... do what you must but it's a shit idea.

(Then people ask me why I don't have kids..... Mine would be smoking dope at 14 and having orgies at 15, but damn, they'd go to school whether they like it or not.)
    The kind of life you describe for your kids is the kind of life that every teen dreams of. You'd be a great parent, far better than mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information