Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Majority of Serbs don't want to Serbia join to EU, for various reasons. Government and the media in Serbia does not represent average opinion of Serbian people.
    Can you translate for me where majority of Serbs want to go as alternative?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    Can you translate for me where majority of Serbs want to go as alternative?
    According to fake questionnaire in direction of government for EU and against are about 50-50% citizens of Serbia. In reality quite more people is against joining of Serbia to EU.

I know wery well destructive efects of EU on Croatia. In the last few years over 200 000 young educated Croatians migrated to EU (mostly to Germany), and they will stay there forever.
    Croatians could migrate to west much easier than Serbs, they could even before Croatia joined to EU. I have Croatian passport, my parents and brother also. My father worked in nothern Germany few years +10 years ago. He got a job due to Croatian papers. He was only Serb in firm in which he worked, all others were Croatians.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

According to fake questionnaire in direction of government for EU and against are about 50-50% citizens of Serbia. In reality quite more people is against joining of Serbia to EU.

I know wery well destructive efects of EU on Croatia. In the last few years over 200 000 young educated Croatians migrated to EU (mostly to Germany), and they will stay there forever.
    Croatians could migrate to west much easier than Serbs, they could even before Croatian joined to EU. I have Croatian passport, my parents and brother also. My father worked in nothern Germany few years +10 years ago. He got a job due to Croatian papers. He was only Serbs in firm in which he worked, all others were Croatians.
    That is the only reason, to stop their own children to find better life? If that is true then Serbs are really crazy people.

I will tell you, real problem is WHY people want to go abroad for better life not how to tie down them to can't go, we had sanctions in 90s so we know how it looked like when you are tied down. Thing is how to stop them from wanting that by giving them better life here, that includes in first place less birocracy and corruption and I don't think we can fix that ever on our own.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,915
    Given: 7,434

0 Not allowed!

I thought Serbia's relationship woth Croatia would be 'neutral' whereas their relationship with B&H would be 'bad to hostile'.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I thought Serbia's relationship woth Croatia would be 'neutral' whereas their relationship with B&H would be 'bad to hostile'.

That is the "trick" it is great with Serbian part of Bosnia and not so great with Muslim part of Bosnia.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If someone wants to leave Serbia he can do that sooner or later, I know that mostly medical educated people are leaving, nothing stops them.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Croatians could migrate to west much easier than Serbs, they could even before Croatia joined to EU. I have Croatian passport, my parents and brother also. My father worked in nothern Germany few years +10 years ago. He got a job due to Croatian papers. He was only Serb in firm in which he worked, all others were Croatians.
    I read an article a while back stating that there was a major brain drain happening in B&H where their physicians and nurses were leaving in large numbers for Western Europe (mainly Germany & Austria). And this is despite the fact B&H isn't part of the EU. I assumed it'd be a similar case with Serbia.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I read an article a while back stating that there was a major brain drain happening in B&H where their physicians and nurses were leaving in large numbers for Western Europe (mainly Germany & Austria). And this is despite the fact B&H isn't part of the EU. I assumed it'd be a similar case with Serbia.

Many Bosnians (of all nations/religions) migrated to west as refugees durring the Bosnian war and little later. Some western countries including US recieved them easier as refugees.

Many Serbs from Croatia migrated on the west as refugees after "Oluja" 1995 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Storm
    They migrated on the west due to their refugee status. They mostly migrated to Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand and UK.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Parents of Decius migrated to Canada in the time of Yugoslavian war. His parents are from here https://sh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drežnica_(Ogulin)

Not sure, but I think that Ayetooey's father also migrated to UK in the time of Yugo civil war. His father is from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knin

Both places from where are parents of Decius and Ayetooey's father were predominantly Serbian before 1995.

Some refugee Serbian children from Bosnia and Croatia were accepted by Greek families for some period.
    My cousin was in Greek family in Athens few years.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Many Bosnians (of all nations/religions) migrated to west as refugees durring the Bosnian war and little later. Some western countries including US recieved them easier as refugees.

Many Serbs from Croatia migrated on the west as refugees after "Oluja" 1995 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Storm
    They migrated on the west due to their refugee status. They mostly migrated to Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand and UK.
    I'm not talking about Bosnian refugees. I'm talking about migration that is happening today.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...ses-12-21-2016

Canada accepted Serb refugees to try to drain them of their scientists and engineers (most Western countries didn't want to accept refugees from ex-Yugoslavia). Most of the refugees were from Serbia and Montenegro but some were also from Croatia and B&H. Serbia was very poor after the war and couldn't guarantee funding research projects or paying a high salary, so many Serbs left after being offered more money in Canada. According to Serbian engineer Miomir Vukobratović, around 15% of Serbia's researchers left the country in 1993 alone. He predicted that 80% of Serbia's best scientists and engineers aged 28-38 would leave the country within the next few years. In Belgrade's Mihajlo Pupin Institute, there used to be 350 researchers there but only 280 were left by 1993. The acceptance rate for Canadian visas was only 7% with around 1/3 of the refugees being highly skilled and educated people. Even today, Canada has one of the best immigration policies (if not the best) in the West and you don't hear of it being called a rape capital like Sweden or England are despite the fact its a very liberal country.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information