"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,023
    Given: 10,274

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Thanks but I personally couldn't watch. I've heard enough of similar mentalities over the years.

Deyo, after all, is just one of many white Americans who do this. Who has this desperate need to have a native ancestor. He just seems more publicised than the average one. Like I said I can't entirely understand the desire, the mentality, myself except celebrities prompting the novelty.

Apologies but how can I be jealous when my grandmother was Algonquin? The 13-15+% Native in my signature is reality. Quite different from the claims of a white man (Will Deyo) so desperate to have a native ancestor he, in essence, created a fictional one.
    But it isn't fictional. Also DNA tests are notoriously bad with guessing Native American heritage. Many people can get "native" when they have none and vice versa.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 03:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    75% Slav, 25% Vlach
    Ethnicity
    50% Ukranian +25% South Polish + 25 Moldovan
    Ancestry
    Ukraine and Moldova
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Gracile Med
    Politics
    What ever suits my level of wealth.
    Hero
    EHG
    Religion
    PALEOISLAMIST
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,992
    Given: 432

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoEuropean View Post
    Reminds of Celebrity Death Match
    Sunday!Sunday!Sunday! Takkar from the small Paleolithic village in northern France will go against Running Coyote of the Apache nation. Buy your tickets from ticketmaster today. I would watch that lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member BakersfieldChimp's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic Prussian
    Ethnicity
    Eastern European
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Fritz Lang
    Religion
    wouldn't be the first time
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,905
    Given: 2,372

0 Not allowed!

Thanks but I personally couldn't watch. I've heard enough of similar mentalities over the years.

Deyo, after all, is just one of many white Americans who do this. Who has this desperate need to have a native ancestor. He just seems more publicised than the average one. Like I said I can't entirely understand the desire, the mentality, myself except celebrities prompting the novelty.

Bill "Night Train" Deyo is Native American. He just wants people to take his word for it that he is a direct descendant of Pocahontas. There is no evidence that he is. He takes a weak conjecture and pawns it off as a historic certainty. Gullible people who have 'descended from Pocahantua' as part of their family legends choose to believe him.

You made a point earlier, that people want to cherry-pick oral history when it comes to their ancestors but choose to ignore the oral history that the atrocities of the white man inflicted upon the native Americans. It is shameful that some need to live in their Disneyfied world instead of reality.

Furthermore, a lot of people focus on their ancestry because it is one of the few things they cannot screw up no matter how much of a failure they have made out of the rest of their life.

Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 01:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Other
    Ethnicity
    Metis (French, Native, little British)
    Ancestry
    Colonial French (central & southern); Native (grandma, Algonquin); Irish great-grandpa
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Exotic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 4

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BakersfieldChimp View Post
    Bill "Night Train" Deyo is Native American. He just wants people to take his word for it that he is a direct descendant of Pocahontas. There is no evidence that he is. He takes a weak conjecture and pawns it off as a historic certainty. Gullible people who have 'descended from Pocahantua' as part of their family legends choose to believe him.

You made a point earlier, that people want to cherry-pick oral history when it comes to their ancestors but choose to ignore the oral history that the atrocities of the white man inflicted upon the native Americans. It is shameful that some need to live in their Disneyfied world instead of reality.

Furthermore, a lot of people focus on their ancestry because it is one of the few things they cannot screw up no matter how much of a failure they have made out of the rest of their life.
    If you were to compare Bill to natives I know, who look as the stereotype portrays, few would call Deyo Native American. Therein lies the problem of blood quota & the subject of "status" in America & Canada. In many ways such is little more than a convoluted mess.

I am not saying people can't claim native ancestry. But that, like with other ancestry, they should try to verify it. Fact, after all, is more impressive than fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    But it isn't fictional.
    Deyo's connection to Pocahontas isn't verified. What do you call that?

Also DNA tests are notoriously bad with guessing Native American heritage. Many people can get "native" when they have none and vice versa.
    My grandmother was born 1899. Died 1987. Long before DNA testing was ever made valuable. My native ancestry is 100% proven. The DNA test was merely for curiosity & entertainment.
    Just Another Day in Paradise

MDLP K16 (Amerindian 13.18) 1 Athabask_NA + German_Germany + Italian_Bergamo + Serbian_Serbia @ 2.982217
    Euro K15 (Amerindian 15.49) 1 Austrian + North_Amerindian + Southeast_English + Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha @ 5.547205

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BakersfieldChimp View Post

Lineage is more important than DNA, and Indian tribes will not accept DNA tests for admission. You must show the paper trail. Coulud there be a shadow of doubt? Possibly. We're talking over 400 years ago. However, it is 99% certain that the line is correct.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If you were to compare Bill to natives I know, who look as the stereotype portrays, few would call Deyo Native American. Therein lies the problem of blood quota & the subject of "status" in America & Canada. In many ways such is little more than a convoluted mess.

I am not saying people can't claim native ancestry. But that, like with other ancestry, they should try to verify it. Fact, after all, is more impressive than fiction.

Deyo's connection to Pocahontas isn't verified. What do you call that?

My grandmother was born 1899. Died 1987. Long before DNA testing was ever made valuable. My native ancestry is 100% proven. The DNA test was merely for curiosity & entertainment.

My tribe, the Patawomecks are related strongly the Algonquins, because they spoke the same language. Nice to meet you, brother.

Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 01:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Other
    Ethnicity
    Metis (French, Native, little British)
    Ancestry
    Colonial French (central & southern); Native (grandma, Algonquin); Irish great-grandpa
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Exotic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Lineage is more important than DNA, and Indian tribes will not accept DNA tests for admission. You must show the paper trail. Coulud there be a shadow of doubt? Possibly. We're talking over 400 years ago. However, it is 99% certain that the line is correct.
    Indeed. And a number of tribes can be exceptionally thorough in verifying any claims. As in a papertrail has to have proof an ancestor actually existed.

My tribe, the Patawomecks are related strongly the Algonquins, because they spoke the same language.
    Not your tribe. Btw there's many Algonquin dialects & tribal assoications. The Patawomeck apparently lost their language centuries years ago anyway.

And, no offense, but personally most of my relatives look typical to the idea of native. To generalize actors like Steve Reevis & Wes Studi are easy examples of what I mean.

The same can't quite be said of the seeming majority people presented if you google image Patawomeck. Such as this 'elder'
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/photo_...st/41608883952

Likely why Patawomeck isn't acknowledged, and likely never will be acknowledged, as a tribe federally. There's state 'tribes' like these people, mixed of claimed native ancestry but in a way not quite native.

Nice to meet you, brother.
    Sure thing, sister.
    Just Another Day in Paradise

MDLP K16 (Amerindian 13.18) 1 Athabask_NA + German_Germany + Italian_Bergamo + Serbian_Serbia @ 2.982217
    Euro K15 (Amerindian 15.49) 1 Austrian + North_Amerindian + Southeast_English + Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha @ 5.547205

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information