Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Skin Cancer Deaths By Country

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

People have a choice as skin cancers can be prevented.

I never sunbathe as I care to look after my delicate skin and I wear sensible protective clothing and high level skin protection all year round - as I choose not to get skin cancer. I wear protective wide brimmed sunhats in the summer along with large certified sunglasses to protect my eyes from a range of eye health issues caused by sun exposure.

I get enough vitamin D in my diet as I eat fish each day. Dermatologists have stated that fair skinned people don't need much sunlight exposure to easily absorb vitamin D. 2-10 mins a day is usually adequate.

The UK climate is often very cloudy, and we live at a low altitude from the sun, and we don't live close to the Equator... but even so, I burn and blister easily in the English sunlight without wearing protection like many of my relatives.... except for my son who has a natural light caramel skintone which he inherited from his Saint Lucian father. My son and his father don't have the same problems that I have in the sun and never burn, as their skin is thicker and has more colour and melanin protection.

(Even dark skin still requires some protection though according to dermatologists, although they can get away with using lower SPF lotions, creams, or body sprays - as they have a much lower risk of various skin cancers than white people. Fair freckly skin (Skin Type I) has the highest risk of skin cancers.)

Common places for a range of skin cancers according to doctors are usually around the ears, eyelid cancers, and small areas of skin which people neglect to protect.

If the skin cancer is caught early before spreading to the rest of the body, there's a chance that people can live... but the cancers have to be surgically cut out of their skin leaving unsightly gashes and scars, and medications with horrible side-effects are usually prescribed to cancer victims too. Changes of moles are another sign of skin cancer. People with moles are also more prone to skin cancers.

People have a choice and they know all the beauty and health risks of not wearing proper protection and sunhats, etc, from an early age in life. A tan is a sign of unhealthy and damaged skin that's been baked in the sun according to dermatologists - unless people are naturally born that colour.

If idiotiic people choose to fry their skin and sunbathe or use dangerous UV sunbeds... they can't cry about getting wrinkles (95% of which comes from year round UVA exposure according to dermatologists,) loss of elastin and collagen, premature ageing, discoloured skintone, leathery skin texture, and a range of skin cancers and premature deaths caused by UVB rays in the Spring/Summer.

It's like telling a smoker that cigarettes are like cancer sticks and coffin nails;- they know the risks.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-18-2019 at 10:50 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    Ofc. Blacks have 13 times less wealth in America than Whites. They can't afford shit in America. They have little to no insurance coverage.
    Skin cancer is the most common malignancy in the United States and represents ~ 35–45% of all neoplasms in Caucasians (Ridky, 2007), 4–5% in Hispanics, 2–4% in Asians, and 1–2% in Blacks (Halder and Bridgeman-Shah, 1995; Gloster and Neal, 2006). The incidence of skin cancer has been increasing among Caucasians (Ridky, 2007), but remains relatively low in people of color. Data have been limited for non-white populations, making accurate determination of incidence and mortality difficult.

The low incidence of skin cancers in darker skinned groups is primarily a result of photo-protection provided by increased epidermal melanin, which filters twice as much ultraviolet (UV) radiation as does that in the epidermis of Caucasians (Montagna and Carlisle, 1991). The larger, more melanized melanosomes of darker skinned groups absorb and scatter more energy than do the smaller, melanosomes of Caucasians (Brenner and Hearing, 2008). Hence, UV radiation, the most important predisposing factor for skin cancer in Caucasians, plays a lesser role in people of color.

When skin cancer occurs in people of color, patients often present with an advanced stage, and thus, worse prognosis in comparison to Caucasian patients (Cormier et al, 2006; Hu et al, 2006). Furthermore, certain types of skin cancer, such as dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, predominate in people of color (Halder and Bridgeman-Shah, 1995). The anatomic distribution may or may not be different from that seen in Caucasians, depending on the specific type of skin cancer. Treatment is generally the same among all racial groups.

Source:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2757062/

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

1 Not allowed!

Truth is niggas get this cancer at lower rates, but are financially fucked if they get it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information